Gran Turismo 6

Does anyone else think that the trees look like shit in the latest update? I tried it in 3D and it was even worse.

Haven't got 3D so i can't really check.. also looks like shit in 2D? i have to check then.

What was gold in the old GT5 is now more like silver to me, getting gold in seasonal events is much hardware for me (controller).

i1TINzD3tnxboW.jpg

Megaton if this gets released in GT6

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/senna/

Well f*ck me.. it is!

Among the new content coming to Gran Turismo 6 later this month is the Lotus 97T, which Senna drove to his first Formula 1 pole position and race victory during the 1985 season

http://www.gtplanet.net/ayrton-senn...-new-gran-turismo-6-content-documentary-film/

Man if they release some of the other classics.. wow

I think the next GT should go with a F2P model on PS4, and only have premium cars and add new one as micro transaction portion of the game. Best excuse to kill off those standard cars for good and to have less cars than the previous games. Series need to start building up from premium models only. On and redo all the tracks please, some just looks hideous.

I think the next GT should go with a F2P model on PS4, and only have premium cars and add new one as micro transaction portion of the game.

from supposed AAA game to F2P? ... hope not and I also hope that PD and Sony will think about why GT6 sales are disaster.
Project Cars is going to be big competition for GT7 and PD needs to deliver not make empty promises again.

from supposed AAA game to F2P? ... hope not and I also hope that PD and Sony will think about why GT6 sales are disaster.
Project Cars is going to be big competition for GT7 and PD needs to deliver not make empty promises again.

If it makes money, more people can enjoy the game, why not. people often look at F2P and think its cheap stuffs and PD is too good for that but look at SOE and Planetside 2. I think its the only way to go now day to get casual attention to racing sim. F2P is a good start like how SOE turning all their games F2P. Its better than going back to develop another one for another 3-5 years and only sinking money in than generating revenue and ended up with a flop like GT6. If they can keep creating high quality assets to expand the F2P model, once it reached certain milestone (like 500 premium cars), they can release a retail verison with all the dlc and maybe a updated career mode for something like 40 and it can still sell. If PD planned to do it back then and drop the idea, now its a best time to do it than ever.

If it makes money, more people can enjoy the game, why not. people often look at F2P and think its cheap stuffs and PD is too good for that but look at SOE and Planetside 2. I think its the only way to go now day to get casual attention to racing sim. F2P is a good start like how SOE turning all their games F2P. Its better than going back to develop another one for another 3-5 years and only sinking money in than generating revenue and ended up with a flop like GT6. If they can keep creating high quality assets to expand the F2P model, once it reached certain milestone (like 500 premium cars), they can release a retail verison with all the dlc and maybe a updated career mode for something like 40 and it can still sell. If PD planned to do it back then and drop the idea, now its a best time to do it than ever.

Maybe you are right, PD is generally clueless about how to make "game" and what people want, so F2P maybe good model for them.

To me GT6 is the best a car lover can ask for. Did it flop? had no idea and can't fathom why it would flop being so good that it is. The only reason I can think of is releasing right next to when PS4 released. The reason I am hardly playing it is that I am mostly on the ps4. If this was also playable on my ps4, I would have been playing it all night. Switching between consoles is an issue in my current setup, so I just keep playing on one.

To me GT6 is the best a car lover can ask for. Did it flop? had no idea and can't fathom why it would flop being so good that it is. The only reason I can think of is releasing right next to when PS4 released. The reason I am hardly playing it is that I am mostly on the ps4. If this was also playable on my ps4, I would have been playing it all night. Switching between consoles is an issue in my current setup, so I just keep playing on one.

Imho it's a better game than gt5,the driving feeling is better, it's simply a better driving game. What I think it lacks is long races and more end game content. Of course there is all the typical problems that gt lacks, qualifying, starts from stand still etc etc.

But gt5 had the same problems, gt6 simply offers so little extra for most people that I can understand why most would pass..

My big problem with it is that there's still plenty of things flat-out broken (tire wear in the so-called "endurance" races, for example), plus all this content like the Vision GT cars that we were promised, and they've done pretty much absolutely nothing about any of it since launch. I played through the game quite a bit, did everything I wanted, and started waiting for the fixes and new stuff that never came. So I just don't play it any more. I think that's where the game is right now. Not that nobody bought it, it's just we all stopped caring a few months ago.

As for pure sales numbers, they did zero marketing for the game. It showed up in stores and no one noticed. Hell, the day I bought it, I had to ask an employee about it, and he seemed surprised to find out that it released that day. And he had to go into the back to get a copy... they didn't even bother putting the game on the shelf on release day. That's how much marketing Sony did.

My big problem with it is that there's still plenty of things flat-out broken (tire wear in the so-called "endurance" races, for example), plus all this content like the Vision GT cars that we were promised, and they've done pretty much absolutely nothing about any of it since launch. I played through the game quite a bit, did everything I wanted, and started waiting for the fixes and new stuff that never came. So I just don't play it any more. I think that's where the game is right now. Not that nobody bought it, it's just we all stopped caring a few months ago.

As for pure sales numbers, they did zero marketing for the game. It showed up in stores and no one noticed. Hell, the day I bought it, I had to ask an employee about it, and he seemed surprised to find out that it released that day. And he had to go into the back to get a copy... they didn't even bother putting the game on the shelf on release day. That's how much marketing Sony did.

Tire wear in online races?

I didn't really know about the promises, I think we have 4 vision gt cars? I just know I got plenty of hours from this game to consider it worth the investment, I still do the seasonal stuff and play the game.

Four? Since when? Last I checked it was still just the two.. the same two we started with.

And I'm a hot-lapper, I don't race online. Bunch of idiots and asshats.

IMO - GT should go back to its roots.

Forget about the 1000 cars crap that vary in quality. At least for the new game. Start fresh to the point you have the kick ass physics model and build around that. Start the game with perhaps 100 highly quality cars (20 in each class) - ranging from 0-30'000 credits, 30-80'000, 80'000 - 200'000, 200'000 - 1 million and everything above.

If this isn't enough - perhaps double it if you have the time and people to pull it off.

Then create DLC packs where you bundle 100 cars and extend like that. Not sure if the costs are worth it in the end if no one buys the DLCs, but it would be nice to see Polyphony create a better GAME.

They have the know-how and the technology, but the execution is somewhat messy. IMO, it would be nice to see a little less focus on the cars, and more on actual gameplay and challenges and game features (like night racing). What would be nice would be a consistent experience like the first GT - a game that is perfect in the package its sold.

GT is just becoming too big for its own sake.

Four? Since when? Last I checked it was still just the two.. the same two we started with.

And I'm a hot-lapper, I don't race online. Bunch of idiots and asshats.

I am not sure, but i thought it was 2 versions of the Mercedes a Toyota and a Corvette?

So where is the tire wear problem?

IMO - GT should go back to its roots.

Forget about the 1000 cars crap that vary in quality. At least for the new game. Start fresh to the point you have the kick ass physics model and build around that. Start the game with perhaps 100 highly quality cars (20 in each class) - ranging from 0-30'000 credits, 30-80'000, 80'000 - 200'000, 200'000 - 1 million and everything above.

If this isn't enough - perhaps double it if you have the time and people to pull it off.

Then create DLC packs where you bundle 100 cars and extend like that. Not sure if the costs are worth it in the end if no one buys the DLCs, but it would be nice to see Polyphony create a better GAME.

They have the know-how and the technology, but the execution is somewhat messy. IMO, it would be nice to see a little less focus on the cars, and more on actual gameplay and challenges and game features (like night racing). What would be nice would be a consistent experience like the first GT - a game that is perfect in the package its sold.

GT is just becoming too big for its own sake.

I think you are on to something, that is, they have this amazing game that they just don't use to it's maximum. Imho there should be plenty of options to add all kinds of challenges, races etc but somewhere somehow they are lost.. sadly.

The biggest problem I have with GT series, is that each campaign race is essentially time trial race. You are alone on track, and other cars are not competitors, they are just dumb blocks that you have to dispatch using any dirty trick you know in order to reach one of first 3 places.

You always start last, and you will only be rewarded with progression points [stars/trophies] for a podium seat. That's stupid.

As Phil said, they should pick 6-12 serious car competitions, build a nice ~100-200 car catalogue, and focus more of their attention on AI, rewarding player for good driving, and enhancing the look of the environments [cars are already great, except for sounds that are sometimes really bad].

For me, the lack of qualifying is the most annoying.

This is what baffles me? Kaz has done many real race's so he should now how important qualifying is. They also need to implement a better timing system, I dont want to no how far I'm away from first but how far the car ahead of me is and the one behind me.

Back