GOW Hands On! - (Looking better than E3!)

one said:
Some new gameplay demonstration on a final kit at the pre-TGS conference

TGS 2005: Gears of War presentation
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1994_en.html

In terms of visuals, definitly the best game on Xbox360. The most awesome graphics! The environment is extremly detailed, gameplay looks great (i liked the blind shooting option). Soundtrack & soundFx is up to its graphics.

Without anydoubt it's up to its hype imho. Great Job by epic.

Johnny Awesome said:
LOL at the PS ******s crawling out of the woodwork to criticize another X360 exclusive.
Hm, I thought it was coming out for the PC also... You sure it's x360-exclusive?

Guden Oden said:
Hm, I thought it was coming out for the PC also... You sure it's x360-exclusive?

Apparently Allard said that it's coming to the PC as well, but Cliffy B said that there is no PC version in the works. But this was some time ago.

Guden Oden said:

How about finding a quote where it will be coming out for the PC. Bet you don't find one ;)

Epic said it was a 360 exclusive; Allard, when asked, made a comment that it may come to the PC at some point but is a timed exclusive. MS views Windows/Xbox360 as mutually beneficial platforms that do not complete and have voiced their desire not to kill PC gaming.

Anyhow, been down that debate before, the bottomline is that a $1,500 gaming PC and a $300 console are different market segments. Kind of a moot point if a game is on the PC (e.g. Doom 3 sold very well on the Xbox even though it was an "old" game on the PC, and yet the knowledge Doom 3 was coming out for the Xbox did not hurt PC sales in general because those with nice PCs wanted to see it in all its glory).

Seeing as a PC capable of playing Gears of War is basically a fraction of the market (the game was not designed with backwards compatability to older DX versions and such and everything is optimized for a system with set performance levels and memory) it will be a while before porting to the PC is even profitable. Kind of like Halo.

Allard said that it would make sense to put Gears Of War on the PC in the future in case Demand was there (We can't forget Windows right?).

But CLiff B said right now Gears OF War is Xbox 360 exclusive and they aren't even thinking about a PC version of the game, if it happens it will be up to MS and it will happen at a much later dater after the Xbox 360 version.

But this was just like Jade Empire, sure....they could, but in the end they didn't. And Fable is coming 1 year after.....

Back