Gotham Knights

Developer just stated no modes for selection, the game will run at 30 fps on consoles. Due to the untethered co-op and other features as well as a highly detailed open world, a resolution drop isn't a solution for 60 fps.

Be interesting to see how it behaves on pc, see if that gives any indication why not possible.
What engine is it on?

Be interesting to see how it behaves on pc, see if that gives any indication why not possible.
What engine is it on?
my guess, you drop resolutions and disable rt frames go up as in most(all?) games ;d

What engine is it on?

It looks to be using Unreal Engine 4.

it's probably just minor iterations from their prior games which used UE3. I'm guessing their primary open world subsection (carried over from prior games) just hasn't been given the attention needed for refactoring out the unnecessary CPU overhead. Pretty much last generation mechanics with a coat of paint for the graphics.

It's a shame one person was able to blame this on the series s and not the fact that its lazy devs making poor choices likely cause of the previous xbox one and ps4 support

It's a shame one person was able to blame this on the series s and not the fact that its lazy devs making poor choices likely cause of the previous xbox one and ps4 support
Was that just a random person of the net?
XS wouldn't affect what fps PS5 & XSX could do, as the cpu & ssd is the same, so everything else is graphically scalable.

Was that just a random person of the net?
From what I have seen posted by others on the matter and if they are accurate, he is a random person who does NOT work for the studio but has absolute hatred for Series S since early on.

Reactions: Jay
On one hand you have "bubu WHY don't we have next gen games!! 😭"

...and on the other you have "No way in hell I'm accepting anything under 60fps!! Don't insult me! :mad:"

I think console gamers are going to have to walk it back.... because the CPUs are the limiting factor here, and mid gen refreshes aren't going to change that issue.

On one hand you have "bubu WHY don't we have next gen games!! 😭"

...and on the other you have "No way in hell I'm accepting anything under 60fps!! Don't insult me! :mad:"

I think console gamers are going to have to walk it back.... because the CPUs are the limiting factor here, and mid gen refreshes aren't going to change that issue.
I would imagine the issue is more related to what this particular title appears to be offering.

I would imagine the issue is more related to what this particular title appears to be offering.
Sure but not all developers are created equal. Not all devs have 5+ teams of hundreds each working on a title, nor budgets approaching $300M+

Like I said.. I think once the next gen exclusive stuff starts dropping, they're going to have to get used to it real fast.

Sure but not all developers are created equal. Not all devs have 5+ teams of hundreds each working on a title, nor budgets approaching $300M+

Like I said.. I think once the next gen exclusive stuff starts dropping, they're going to have to get used to it real fast.
When the game costs the same price as the titles that do offer a much better technical experience should that be relevant to the consumer?

Back