Gotham Knights

I don't get why the didn't use tethered co-op, since you're playing co-op to play with others.

Almost 6 years in development, WB Montreal has a team of 300+ people, dropped the last gen versions that was announced only 2 years ago and the game frequently runs sub-30 on next-gen consoles while still looking like the cross-gen reveal. Wonder what issues they ran into. Maybe moving to unreal will help solve their issues with unreal.

It was a joke regarding any game with proprietary tech having tech issues and people on various forums saying they should have just used unreal engine as the simple solution.

Oh. Got it. Well moving to UE5 will solve all the issues they had with UE4... ;)

Apparently its DC themed Marvel's Avengers. With that my interest went completely away. Just installed Atkham Knight to get my Batman fix :p

Started to playing, yeah graphic is worse than Arkham Knight and adding rt doesnt change it. 30fps on my oled tv looks quite bad, tough was missing batman game so will play it further.

It isn't open world?

Open World, Co-Op anywhere, Drop-in Drop-Out at any time.

They possibly could have more room for higher performance if they didn't allow for players being anywhere in the world, even exact opposite side of the world. The reason people play co-op is to play together, not play separately, so allowing them to be in entirely different sections seems daft.

Open World, Co-Op anywhere, Drop-in Drop-Out at any time.

They possibly could have more room for higher performance if they didn't allow for players being anywhere in the world, even exact opposite side of the world. The reason people play co-op is to play together, not play separately, so allowing them to be in entirely different sections seems daft.

The problem is if you have a system that allows playing with random people. The opportunities for griefing are vast. If you are locked to the host then the host can just drag you back and forth. Or wait until you get into combat and then drag you away. Or wait til you get near some lootable and then drag you away. Then just sit there until you get tired of it and log out. Or...so many possibilities.

It's even worse if it's drop-in/drop-out.

Those issues aren't so bad if you have couch co-op. Then you're either just dicking around or if it gets annoying you can just punch your friend. :p With friends online it still isn't so bad because you can usually get them to stop if it gets too annoying. With strangers? Well, some of them would just love it if you complained and tried to get them to stop.

Regards,
SB

The opportunities for griefing are vast. If you are locked to the host then the host can just drag you back and forth. Or wait until you get into combat and then drag you away.

Isn't an issue with Halo Infinite, which has a huge tether distance.

That's the sort of thing I was thinking Gotham Knights should use since it works so well inside Halo Infinite. You don't have to be on the exact same screen as the others, just within the same general area.

Impressions after few hours. Game is not on Arkham Knight level and its sad taking into account how many years we had to wait for new "batman" game and we wont get any other soon. Tough as I hoped if you are fan of previous arkham games you will still enjoy and for now Im interested what will hapen in story.

OK, I got a good laugh out of this one.

Man all those other games that release PS4 or XBO versions of their games must surely look worse and run worse than Gotham Knights, eh? You know games like GOW: Ragnarok? I mean Gotham Knights only has to run on something as "low" as an XBS-S.

Regards,
SB

It took a while, but I finally completed the game today. Fun game. Had a blast for the most part. If I don't like a game I usually lose interest at some point, but this one is not one of those.

The performance is really good nowadays, save for a few performance spikes here and there, even with everything set to Highest, 🙂 -I set it to custom settings though, so I only get 120W to 130W of power consumption.

The game achieves 60fps with XeSS Ultra Quality on my 1440p monitor. On the 4K TV I get 60fps at XeSS Quality or Balanced. Balanced looks good enough for the most part.

Back