Gotham Knights

I'm one of those poor bastards actually, but its precisely because 99% of console content right now is still cross-gen that I find ao hard to justify the purchase of any of these machines at launch prices.
The value of console features is subjective, but solid framerates and greatly reduced load times were more than worth it for me. Plus Ratchet & Clank.

I think Wolverine might be my next superhero game. Unless I'm overlooking something :???:

I wonder how different that will be from Spiderman, I am not very familiar with Wolverine, but it seems to me that the game will be very similar with just the lead character switched out.

I wonder how different that will be from Spiderman, I am not very familiar with Wolverine, but it seems to me that the game will be very similar with just the lead character switched out.
Very different characters and because of that very different traversal (Wolverine can't swing cross the city using web), imo its candidat for more linear game.

While this isn't really the thread , I hope they lean into Logan's healing ability vs Peter's maneuverability.

As for Gotham Knights , I really love the DC universe (well pre 2015 lol) So I'm hoping this game is good. This and suicide squad may be the last 2 games before a buy out.

Do not see why they've cancelled the PS4/Xbone versions as it look like a PS4/Xbone game and the cutbacks these machines require have already affected the game.

Unless they're going to delay the game for 12 months and make it more 'next gen' they may as well release a PS4/Xbone version.

I'm all for ditching old gen but the point is lost when the graphics are ass! They didn't do this out of the goodness of their hearts obviously judging by those visuals, they did it because given plummeting past gen sales the spreadsheet said it was a net $ win to not have to Q/A those versions.

Reactions: snc
The game is still in-development, no? We don't know how well the PS4/bone versions were running as of the decision to drop last-gen...
Even if the overall art and scope were designed with las-gen in mind, they still might have pushed the content a bit too far and a lot of work was still needed to make those versions shippable.
Not having to optmise the shit out of those versions might free them up to polish up the new-gen ones and ultimately allow them to release 2 good versions of the game rather than 4 mediocre ones. They may be avoiding the same mistake CDPR made with Cyberpunk...

The game is still in-development, no? We don't know how well the PS4/bone versions were running as of the decision to drop last-gen...
Even if the overall art and scope were designed with las-gen in mind, they still might have pushed the content a bit too far and a lot of work was still needed to make those versions shippable.
Not having to optmise the shit out of those versions might free them up to polish up the new-gen ones and ultimately allow them to release 2 good versions of the game rather than 4 mediocre ones. They may be avoiding the same mistake CDPR made with Cyberpunk...

Yeah, I get the feeling it's all about budget and that they may be cutting it close WRT going over budget on the project.

The game will still be cross-gen as it's going to be released on PC, but it does cut out the need to do any work on the PS4 version or optimize the XBO version (the Microsoft XDK makes it easy to create a cross gen version but it still needs to be optimized). Of course, I'm also assuming that they aren't cancelling the PC version. :p

Regards,
SB

Xcloud will be fine for this on my OneX. Could play the Series X version but that's in the living room & not my bedroom where I play the most.

Tommy McClain

I'm all for ditching old gen but the point is lost when the graphics are ass! They didn't do this out of the goodness of their hearts obviously judging by those visuals, they did it because given plummeting past gen sales the spreadsheet said it was a net $ win to not have to Q/A those versions.

Are there figures for the ratio of cross-generational game sales, previous gen vs current gen? I'm really curious. My expectation - based on literally nothing - is that most keen console gamers have found a way to get a PS5 or Series console and are probably playing current gen versions of software, but I'd really like to see some numbers given the number of previous gen consoles owners still massively outnumbers the number of current gen console owners.

Are there figures for the ratio of cross-generational game sales, previous gen vs current gen? I'm really curious. My expectation - based on literally nothing - is that most keen console gamers have found a way to get a PS5 or Series console and are probably playing current gen versions of software, but I'd really like to see some numbers given the number of previous gen consoles owners still massively outnumbers the number of current gen console owners.

This is a gaas game right ? I'm guessing they canceled last gen versions because in the long run the cost of keeping them going and perhaps limitations of what they can add into the game without tanking performance would end up more costly than the profits they would come in with.

But who knows , could be as simple as not being able to get the games stable without dropping the graphics quality low enough

Back