Gorgeous Shadowrun screens from IGN

does look like a generic fps shooter to me. why the hype?

it's partly because it's a first party ms game (and also first tool to demonstrate their "play anywhere" concept) and partly because of the fact that the game is based on one of the most beloved sci-fi ips ever imho. agreed with the "looking like generic fps shooter" though.

The game looks generic, like a wannabe TF/CS game. Only 16 players, so no dedicated servers again? And people bashed Warhawk for being multi-player only?

This game really does look like "beans on toast" when compared to "gourmet" look of practically most of the 360 games out there..

I don't like the environments (bland), the character designs (generic, uninspiring), the gameplay features (yawn), the use of the theme/setting (Original Shadowrun -> this???) or anything else for that matter..

I really don't know what microsoft are doing with this game and it's pretty obvious the results so far are underwhelming..

I hate to blast the game so much but it really doesn't sound or look all that exciting regardless of how "excited" the developers sound when they talk about the tech they're putting in..

I don't think there's anything technically wrong with this game (The engine sounds and looks pretty capable to be honest).. I do however feel that Microsoft need to either force FASA to rework the art design and (more importantly) quality levels, hire some more artists to do it for them or can the entire project lest it turns into the big flop that it sure looks like its fast becoming..

:cry:

Ugh. Those screens just look awful. Other than the resolution (pixels, textures, polys) I'm not seeing anything special that would make me think 360 over XBox. It is, to be polite, very old looking.

Back