God of War II has amazing graphics look

Lazy8s said:
Panzer Dragoon on the Saturn didn't use pre-rendered backgrounds, nor did any of the other games in the series.

Really? Cause from what I heard, Panzer Dragoon Saga was the first fully 3d one in the series. Also, in the original Panzer Dragoon (which I still have), only the main character and some of the enemies look 3d. Parts of the environment look 3d, but a significant portion looks 2d or prerendered, such as the water in the first stage.

I agree with the comment on GOW being played hard. It does indeed bring more skill then just button mashing to the game overall. Great sound cinematics and story but the last boss on hard "aries" is one cheap *****. Thoughts of a PS3 sequal makes me drool.

As for DMC again there is skill involved and I thought was a great game. The fighting system is much deeper then GOW but more difficult to master. The presentation was also great. On PS3 this game has even more potential.

NG. If Serenity Painted Deaths "Jump, Block, +Y" is truely his take on the games tactics then he hasnt played through this game (least all the way through) and it wasnt NG Black or inclusion of the Hurricane packs. This game follows along my comments of DMC but I do agree the fighting system isnt per say as deep as DMC but then again it didnt need to be either. Out of the 3 this is one I continue to pull out and play even today.

All the mentioned games are defined by peoples taste in games just like my opinions given above. I think they are all great titles in their own respects and definately wont disappoint on next gen consoles.

As for GOW II: If memory serves me correct it took the developers almost 4 yrs to create GOW so with an already top notch graphics engine, and that much development time they should have a strong sequel no doubts. (heck if you look at the extras on the first GOW game disk, it shows hints they already have some of Part II in the works or left out of I as is. However you look at it).

#3 on 1UP
(of 16,813)
#2 on PS2
(of 1,446)
#1 in Action
(of 2,648)

Seems its pretty popular :p D/ling Cory Barlog interview.

On GoW vs DMC3 vs NG...

GoW aims for casual players and does an admirable job, I think its best described as 'intensely playable'. Its a great game with the crown the camera, but if you want a challenge or alot of depth in combat, you move to....
DMC3. No doubt about it, its combat is the deepest and DMC3:SE sees it gain the difficulty crown. Skill and timing are key, but you can expect to die anyway, this is different to....
NG. It doesn't have the depth of DMC3, and neither do you require the skill. This game is 'difficult for difficulties sake'. It combines the challenge of DMC3 with the button mashing gameplay of GoW. The end result is a great game marred by some poor balance issues.

The first two Panzer Dragoon games on Saturn also definitely used real-time backgrounds. The water in the first stage of the first game has the same image quality as the rest of the graphics, its reflections pan all the way around as the perspective is rotated, and shot down enemies splash into its surface.

Pretty water is a hallmark of the series, and the Saturn's programmable power allowed for some creative effects.

Man how much I loved the Panzer Dragoon series.

Great! Especially Zwei and Saga had great gameplay and art direction. Saga showed the real capabilities of the Saturn and iwas one of the few games that made me :oops:

predicate said:
Is it just me, or did they both make digs against Too Human?

I don't think it's just you, because there aren't that many developers saying that they are making a trilogy:), and Yes I believe the game director also was making references to Too Human, well I don't think it was anything to lose sleep over:)

The Panzer series definitely was and still is the real deal. I can't wait to see what those guys cook up for this gen. Theyre the only ones in the back of my mind I feel can match Team Ico's art direction.

God of War I never liked much..its a polished game yes, but Ninja Gaiden (and dmc for what it is) are just hard acts to follow as far as action gaming. Though it does have incredible sound as someone pointed out already.

NANOTEC said:
Why not? Care to explain?

Smilies don't prove GOW is better than Rygar.;)

No don't remember...

Looks like they were stupid if they thought those blocky polygons and blurry textures and flat lighting were prerendered.

thats like comparing FORZA with GT4 and New York Race for Playstation 2
rygar is crap compared to the other 2

Screenshots of the trailer

I love this part of the trailer

godofwar229yh.jpg

godofwar233sq.jpg

godofwar248rg.jpg

godofwar256un.jpg

Back