God of War II has amazing graphics look

mckmas8808 said:
Remember when people thought the screenshot with Kratos standing behind the huge horses could be pre-rendered?

Well looks like they were wrong.

godofwar218vh.jpg

As you can see this game (like the last one) will have a HUGE sense of scale.

Looks very similar to panzer dragoon on the saturn, where the environment didn't look that great, but was entirely prerendered anyway. (fmv or moving texture, not sure) Those horses aren't impressive enough to discount it as real time (in fact, that shot is rather unimpressive), but don't completely discount the possibility to use prebaked animation with 3d graphics overlaid on top.

nintenho said:
Really? I heard that Virgil was less agile and harder to use. Is it his ranged weapon (the flying blue spikes thingies) that makes him easier?

Eh? His moves and weapons are far more powerful than Dante's. Dante is more fun though, as you can do a lot more with him.

And yes, his phantom blades are insanely powerful, when you consider the fact that you can fire them off/load them up while attacking....

The think the reason why people said DMC is like a 3d Castlevania is because of the gothic style of the environments/characters. Castlevania doesn't have the elaborate fighting system that DMC has.

Serenity Painted Death said:
Eh? His moves and weapons are far more powerful than Dante's. Dante is more fun though, as you can do a lot more with him.

And yes, his phantom blades are insanely powerful, when you consider the fact that you can fire them off/load them up while attacking....
Ah, I see. It looked like just the opposite in the video review.

NANOTEC said:
The think the reason why people said DMC is like a 3d Castlevania is because of the gothic style of the environments/characters. Castlevania doesn't have the elaborate fighting system that DMC has.
Yeah, that's what I meant....

Well regardless what anybody says here about NG, DMC3, and GoW to me God of War has the best storyline, cinematics, and sound out of the three. EASY

mckmas8808 said:
Well regardless what anybody says here about NG, DMC3, and GoW to me God of War has the best storyline, cinematics, and sound out of the three. EASY
+1 for me too. GOW is simply an amazing title, not discrediting any of those other titles, but GOW was and still is one of my favorite console games. Such a great experience no gamer should miss. :D

Bad_Boy said:
+1 for me too. GOW is simply an amazing title, not discrediting any of those other titles, but GOW was and still is one of my favorite console games. Such a great experience no gamer should miss. :D

Its silly (make that pathetic) when you have three genuinely great games like GoW, NG, and DMC3, each demonstrating very distinct strengths within the genre in their own right... and the only way some people can qualify their (subjective) preference of one is by tearing down and marginalizing the others (often without any sensible context at that). Blah!

Last edited by a moderator:
mckmas8808 said:
not to say your wrong or anything, but I'm curious to know how much do you actually know about Ninja Gaiden? have you played it from start to finish?

Dr Evil said:
not to say your wrong or anything, but I'm curious to know how much do you actually know about Ninja Gaiden? have you played it from start to finish?

I have and the story was mediocre. Gameplay was good. That said I actually haven't played GOW to the finish ....

Dr Evil said:

Naw I didn't but I played some of it at one of my boy's house. I'm mainly just going by reviews and internet talk.

God of War does easily have the best story...

...who cares?

The point of an action game (which God of War isn't actually really) is, well, action.

(I don't play RPGs for the stories either).

...who cares?

Obviously some people. Shocking isnt it!

The point of an action game (which God of War isn't actually really) is, well, action.

God of War isn't an action game, says who? I didnt realize this was "lets define an entire genre" day. :)

Anyway shouldn't the point of any game be to entertain its users? GoW succeeded there in many ways others didnt, and vice versa. This shouldn't be so hard to comprehend. What are you even debating here?

Um...congratulations? :)

...who cares?

I play games to have fun regardless of genre....DMC3 is trash

Panzer Dragoon on the Saturn didn't use pre-rendered backgrounds, nor did any of the other games in the series.

NANOTEC said:
DMC requires skill, GOW requires...button mashing.

I disagree.
You can get away with button mashing on 'easy' but that won't be enough if you go hero or spartan.
Besides, most bosses and high level monsters also require timing to execute combo's.

Back