Geneva Motor Show 2007

AMG vs the M division, I am sorry to say but the M division wins in my book. There is something about not having the darn traction control nannying you about all the time.

I have to say me too :oops:
No shame there buddy, it's got beautiful lines.

Suryad, I agree about traction control but I won't live without it anymore after my experiences with it in the Z. The best solution IMHO is what Nissan does which is give you a VDC ("vehicle dynamic control") on/off switch. VDC on and she sticks like glue, VDC off and it's donut/drift city. :cool:

now when you mentioned it I should maybe borrow one this weekend for, uhm, "very important measurments which can't be delayed" ;)

Are you trying to make me cry?! Nicely done! :smile:
So you like the new naturally aspirated engine over the old one?
Is that same engine going to be tuned to give 475 in the upcoming C63 like I read somewhere?, that would give it nice advantage over it's rivals...

Are you trying to make me cry?! Nicely done! :smile:
So you like the new naturally aspirated engine over the old one?
Is that same engine going to be tuned to give 475 in the upcoming C63 like I read somewhere?, that would give it nice advantage over it's rivals...

I like the new engine much better, yes. The old one had more punch from below, but the new one is much more responsive.

Not "tuned" to 475 (hp?), it has 525 hp from the get go. And IMO, it'll be hard to tune this one. We already pushed it near the material limit here.

We stopped tuning engines years ago, the 6,3l M156 engine was 100% our own in-house development.

@digi: the shame is because they are our No.1 rival

Not "tuned" to 475 (hp?), it has 525 hp from the get go. And IMO, it'll be hard to tune this one. We already pushed it near the material limit here.

We stopped tuning engines years ago, the 6,3l M156 engine was 100% our own in-house development.

Oh it seems my english might be the issue here... when I said tuned, I basically just meant that, what sort of program the engine is going to have, I'd expect the power figures be lower in the upcoming C63 AMG than on the bigger models? I mean CLK 63 AMG has about 480hp atleast on paper, are you saying that these engines and their software/configuration is identical in all these AMG models?

They'll definitely have less hp in the lesser models, but that's normal. You can't provide sufficiant cooling, or the chassis stability or enough room for some ECU's or whatever like in the bigger models, so the power is reduced. It's also consistant with the marketing strategy, so all is well.

KTM X-Box Concept

ktm_xbow_02_09_07_enimages_big.jpg

ktm_xbow_03_09_07_enimages_big.jpg

ktm_xbow_01_09_07_enimages_big.jpg

From KTM, one of Europes largest Bike companies, the X-Bow is said to be a direct competitor to the likes of Ariel Atoms and other track focused cars. It packs a tuned Audi/VW/Seat engine and is said to deliver 220bhp or in a more powerful edition 300bhp. Weight is expected to be around 700kg and make 0-62 in under 4 seconds doable.

No shame there buddy, it's got beautiful lines.

Suryad, I agree about traction control but I won't live without it anymore after my experiences with it in the Z. The best solution IMHO is what Nissan does which is give you a VDC ("vehicle dynamic control") on/off switch. VDC on and she sticks like glue, VDC off and it's donut/drift city. :cool:

Yeah a nanny turnoff button is definitely preferred. I wonder with all the acronyms packed into the Evo X...if there is a way to turn them off cause I dont want to drive a computer....hate it....love my tC because of that...

They'll definitely have less hp in the lesser models, but that's normal. You can't provide sufficiant cooling, or the chassis stability or enough room for some ECU's or whatever like in the bigger models, so the power is reduced. It's also consistant with the marketing strategy, so all is well.

Hoew much is the new C class going to get or are you under NDA? :D Just tell me the second figure ...

I have a W202 C43 which I love to bits . Not sure I like the new style one though, that front huge 3 pointed star is huge on the sports models !

Why go to Genva when you can just look at this

http://www.aocb77.dsl.pipex.com/aamg2.jpg
http://www.aocb77.dsl.pipex.com/aamg4.jpg
http://www.aocb77.dsl.pipex.com/aamg5.jpg

Other point, Phil said that the new M3 is 4.4 but that's impossible if they have cut down the V10 by two cylinders, it must be 4 litres.

I agree with him on the new Evo, looks a lot better than the old one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, those C43 were great! I mostly take the (last left) cherry red C43 we have in the fleet when I'm away on business :)

Of course I can't say anything, even if I knew/cared. I develop electronics and SW and am usually less interested in stuff like projected engine power - which gets changed on every product councel meeting almost weekly anyway.

Other point, Phil said that the new M3 is 4.4 but that's impossible if they have cut down the V10 by two cylinders, it must be 4 litres.

Assuming 4.4l is correct, they could have enlarged the cylinder blocks to make it 4.4l. That wouldn't be that uncommon I believe... if anything, it's only 'based' on the M5's V10...

Lexus lf-a concept car

lexus_lf-a_concept_4_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_7_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_5_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_6_enimages_big.jpg

Don't have much info on the Lexus concept car unfortunately... so if anyone wants to add some info, feel free :D

Edit:

Lexus has revealed a new version of its LF-A supercar concept. The concept was originally shown at the 2005 Detroit auto show, and has since been updated with a new exterior and interior. This latest iteration is expected to be very close to the production car, expected to arrive in late 2008 as a 2009 model.

The running gear of the LF-A is just as it was with the original, powered by a high-revving 500-plus horsepower V10 engine. Its front mid-engine placement, along with a rear-mounted transaxle and rear-mounted radiators, allows for ideal weight distribution, according to the company. The horsepower, improved aerodynamics, and revised styling makes a top speed of 200 mph possible.

"The first LF-A was a pure concept, but one that we went so far as to conduct engineering analysis on," said Bob Carter, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. "This latest concept is much closer to a vehicle that we would bring to market, and one in which we will be gauging consumer interest."

sex on wheels...

Aston Martin V8 Vantage (convertible)

aston_martin_v8_03_13_07_enimages_big.jpg

aston_martin_v8_02_13_07_enimages_big.jpg

aston_martin_v8_01_13_07_enimages_big.jpg

Sex on wheels... no wait, better than sex. Stunning, stunning looking car... nuff said! :cool:

Lexus lf-a concept car

lexus_lf-a_concept_4_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_7_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_5_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_6_enimages_big.jpg

Don't have much info on the Lexus concept car unfortunately... so if anyone wants to add some info, feel free :D

Edit:
LF-A?

Like F*** Are-we-ever-making-this? ;)

Really nice though, really really nice.

Well, was in Geneva yesterday.

Lots of great stuff. Pictures will follow hopefully tomorrow! :D

To summarize:
+ The BMW M3 Concept looks even more stunning in real!
+ Toyota concept car (the white one) looks stunning as well
+ Toyota, Lancia, Fiat, Alfa Romeo had some stunning girls on stage :)
+ The KTM X-Bow looks quite nice
+ The Artega is quite a small car (I'd say a bit bigger than a Lotus Elise, but only just)
+ Jaguar had quite a nice concept car
+ The Lotus Europa-S, though I'm not a fan of it, looked more matured with the luxury pack
+ Mitsubishi Evo X concept is nice, but quite a big car still

- No Aston Martin DBS :cry:
- Don't like the Lotus Exige GT3 concept :???:
- nothing special or new by Subaru (no new Impreza concept car?)
- still no TVRs in Geneva! :devilish:
- new Renault Clio sucks, but has nice sporty seats

Also had a chance to see a PS3 with GT:HD in action (Nissan 350Z demo).

Back