Geneva Motor Show 2007

Phil

wipEout bastard
Veteran
Geneva Motor Show 2007 [new M3, Evo X, Gallardo, Maserati...]

Since the other 'car topic' kind of derailed in some bickering on Cossie's and Impreza's, I thought I'd start a new topic on the new stuff shown at this years Geneva Motor Show, officially open for the public tomorrow, 8th March until 18th March:

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Lamborghini_Gallardo_Superleggera-9-L.jpg

More power (530hp) and a power to weight ratio of 2.5kg/hp gets the Gallardo Superleggera from 0-62 in 3.8 seconds. Carbon-fibre parts, sportier rims, rear wing etc all add to the price which apparently should be around 20% more expensive than the standard Gallardo.

Maserati "high performance" GT

IMG_3948-L.jpg

408bhp 4.2l V8 with the same sequential gearbox out of the Quattroporte...

Artega GT

artega_gt-1-L.jpg

The German supercar, the Artega GT, packs roughly 300bhp from a 3.6l V6 VW engine in a rather lightweight chassis only weighing around 1000-1100kg. 0-62 is estimated to be in around 5 seconds, top speed at around 170mph. It also packs a DSG gearbox (double-clutched sequential gearbox) and is said to cost around 75'000 Euros.

Mitsubishi Evo "concept" / Evo X

IMG_4061-L.jpg

Said to be the new Mitsubishi Evo X to hit the market in 2008. It's powered by a all new 2.0l turbocharged engine and features a new electronic all-wheel-drive system. It also has a new sequential paddle-gearbox (optional).

More to follow. :smile:
Will also be attending the motor show next Tuesday, so will probably be able to post more pictures then... anyone else thinking of going down to Geneva?

Last edited by a moderator:
That Evo looks pretty good for saying the Japanese built it.

I wonder if they have dropped the association with the "charisma" and have designed a body specially for the Evo.

They all look nice, although I am not "feeling" that Artega.

The TechArt GTstreet.... Boy racers dream :LOL:

Damn I might just have to trade in my Scion tC to get that evo....or buy that evo instead of the Ducati 1098S....ARGH

BMW E90 M3 Concept

mw1.jpg

mw2.jpg

mw9.jpg

"The engine is derrived from the M5's V10, displacing 4.4 litres and kicking out 425bhp. That's almost 100bhp more than today's output - and it should be good for a 0-60 in less than 5 seconds..."

"The engine is derrived from the M5's V10, displacing 4.4 litres and kicking out 425bhp. That's almost 100bhp more than today's output - and it should be good for a 0-60 in less than 5 seconds..."

Well, something needs to make it worth spending the extra bucks on.

(The current M3 is a joke compared to the 335i)

(The current M3 is a joke compared to the 335i)

Considering how old the E46 M3 is and how new the 335i is, it holds up quite well IMO. Besides, the M3 still has the edge in both 0-60 as well as in-gear acceleration (at least when you attempt to rev the M3)........

Considering how old the E46 M3 is and how new the 335i is, it holds up quite well IMO. Besides, the M3 still has the edge in both 0-60 as well as in-gear acceleration (at least when you attempt to rev the M3)........
I was referring to the cost differential.

I was referring to the cost differential.

It's not just because of power, M3 has a totally different suspension, steering, engine, gearbox and lots of other stuff. Then add the required development, testing and so on, these make some 80% of the differential (the rest 20% being the image/brand name bonus).

I wouldn't mind taking that M3 to a test drive. Very nice looking car. BMW is probably going to fit that engine to Z4 coupe also pretty soon, which is even hotter car in my book, I sat in Z4 M in Helsinki Motor show last fall and fell in love instantly.

Heh, M is our fiercest competitor - not without reasons (also, our former CEO is now the CEO of M which is not that nice at all since he knows lots of stuff about our future plans).

Heh, M is our fiercest competitor - not without reasons (also, our former CEO is now the CEO of M which is not that nice at all since he knows lots of stuff about our future plans).

Oh so you work for Mercedes... Well have to give it to you that CLS AMG is pretty friggin awesome car too! :drool: :smile:

Lotus

Lotus 2-Eleven track car

Lotus_2-eleven-1-L.jpg

Lotus_2-eleven-4-L.jpg

Lotus Sport's "Lotus 2-Eleven" is aimed at the track car enthusiast. Weighing in at just 670kg (1,477 lbs) and with 252bhp (182kw) supercharged and intercooled 1796 cc engine (out of the 111R / Exige models), it should do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds.

"The Launch Edition is available in two versions - Road Going Version (UK Single Vehicle Approval) fitted with front and rear lights, exhaust catalyst, single plane rear wing and other items to achieve compliance with UK road legal requirements and Track Only Version with an enhanced aerodynamics package including high downforce single plane carbon fibre rear wing, high downforce front splitter, brake lights and rear indicators and FIA approved driver’s race seat."

Full Press Release

Lotus Exige GT3 Concept

Lotus_exige_gt3_concept-2-L.jpg

Lotus_exige_gt3_concept-3-L.jpg

Basically, an extended version of the existing Exige, the new concept GT3 features a wide body kit at the rear and 2-way Öhlins adjustable dampers. Engine power has been upped to 271bhp (203kW), supercharged by the identical Eaton Roots-type supercharger M62 found in the current Exige-S and 240R/Cup models. Acceleration times should be around 4s from 0-62 mph and in around mid 9s to 100mph. This car will be further developed into a full production car for limited markets to go in sale in late 2007.

Lotus Europa-S (now with luxury pack)

lotus_europa_s-1-L.jpg

The Europa-S that launched late last year with its turbo engine out of a Vauxhall now gets a luxury touring pack option that features carpets, leather and more.

I started going to and pay attention to these car shows just because I want to know about the cars I'm going to be able to drive next in Gran Turismo ... how weird is that? :D

I love lotus ... hopefully I fit into one someday. :p

Thanks phil, keep it coming.

A limited slip cost differential?
Heh.

I just remember going to test drive the 335i and seeing the M3's all with $5000 reductions because they couldn't sell them at their going cost when they had very little over the new 335i.

Oh so you work for Mercedes

AMG, yup. And the new CLS 63 (not the old 55) is my favourite model too, now when you mentioned it I should maybe borrow one this weekend for, uhm, "very important measurments which can't be delayed" ;)

Back