Geneva Motor Show 2007

It's not obvious and I'm not talking about the long enough straight piece of not-bumpy road without traffic, it can't do it even on most race tracks. I'm not sure why but I ass-ume the air intake is not sufficiant except in areas of higher atmospheric pressure. But any other car with that much power would face the same problems, I'm not saying that they did anything "wrong".

It can not really drive over 400 in 98% of the world. Only in absolutely perfect conditions (air pressure, temperature, blah). The best you could do in front of your door would be some 390 or so.

And drama it surely was, big time. More than 2 years of delays and redesigns before they had a half-way working product to show in the first place.

Only 390? geez, even the bus is faster than that.

Seriously, 390 or 400kmph, whats the difference? its not like you gonna notice it anyway.

But how would they really benefit marketing? I can understand why Ferrari needs pretty fast cars and wants to win races because they earn more on selling t-shirts to fans than they earn with selling cars but Bugatti is alot smaller, how would they really benefit? Obviously there is the psycological factor of 400 looking like alot more than 390 but it would still be about as fast as any other car and they'll sell those 25 cars anyway even if it would only do 360 or something and as far as I know Bugatti doesnt have millions of fans buying t-shirts and stuff.

Bugatti may be small, but it *is* owned by Volkswagen (big) though, so it's really it's really more of VW showing of the size of their penis... Besides, they lose a mint on each one they sell... 400km/h is a nice round number...

Back