General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]

Technically the system will output 60/120fps at all times (as dones current gen), in a similar vein to the "all games are output at 1080" xbox one tweet. Did they not review the prior launch to catch these easy traps they keep walking into.

Where did u get that info? Touting VRR makes no sense if SX will only output at 60 or 120 Hz.

That's fine, but it doesn't need to be like that. I think people have vastly mismatched understanding of what is possible with rasterization and what is possible with ray tracing.
During these transition periods things are bound to be less optimized having to support both render paths. I don't believe this to be the case by the end of this generation.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to this generation's equivalent of Claybook and Dreams.

I cannot see anything impressive Result in this Demo sorry to say that. The "RESULT" is important and not the Algorithm behind. If i can create the same Result with pre baked / Fakering Effects so where is the Point to use Raytraycing?? The Tech Demos they have shown us does not have any CGI Quality.

How do you prebake lightning in a game where the world is built in real-time by the player?

What’s that called? Real-time prebaking?

Sorry I exaggerated I just wanted to express that the demos didn't impress me visually. When I see what was possible in the last generation and before that I honestly expected more of it.
Although being announced, and having tech videos, Dying Light never made it to lastgen consoles. It was PS4/XBO only.

Where did u get that info? Touting VRR makes no sense if SX will only output at 60 or 120 Hz.

It was more comparing the tweet to a similar last gen pre launch tweet which was equally missleading.

VRR is a special case and even when enabled at the system level needs per title activation I believe.

Outside of this the console can only run at 60 or 120 fps, this assumes they drop 50hz support as no hdmi (TV in). Games will fail to update the frame or take multiple frames to update but the TV and console are locked in that fps step which is seperate to to the games updates etc.

More commentary on the comedy than technical imsight I am afraid. For reference

Now
(me slightly putting words in his tweet to match prior form)

Then

Xbox outputs to the TV at 1080 if you set that (720p game controversy not fully understood by exec)

Last edited:
It was more comparing the tweet to a similar last gen pre launch tweet which was equally missleading.

VRR is a special case and even when enabled at the system level needs per title activation I believe.

Outside of this the console can only run at 60 or 120 fps, this assumes they drop 50hz support as no hdmi (TV in). Games will fail to update the frame or take multiple frames to update but the TV and console are locked in that fps step which is seperate to to the games updates etc.

More commentary on the comedy than technical imsight I am afraid. For reference

Now
(me slightly putting words in his tweet to match prior form)

Then

Xbox outputs to the TV at 1080 if you set that (720p game controversy not fully understood by exec)

oh jeez they started the same old 360 crap all over again, where every game box had 1080p at the back because games were upscaled to fit your 1080p TV.
So what now? Counting the motion smoothing feature of the TVs?

It's pretty simple way of looking at playability if fps is only deciding factor. For me Horizon Zero Dawn was one of the high points of playability this gen. Never got frustrated with horizon, always when I died I felt it was my fault, not the games fault. On the other hand one of the most frustrating games to play was GTAV which I played with pc with high framerate and freesync enabled display. GTA games for me have always been frustrating to the point I want to throw the game out of windows every now and then. I can see fps being the key factor on some games but not all. For something like tekken, gran turismo, competitive first person shooters,... I'm 100% on 30fps is not enough bandwagon.

Last edited:
No they did not.

That only seems to be someone's attempt to associate it with events from decade ago.
Xbox%20Series%20X%20APU.jpg

Care to participate in a discussion with actual words and thoughts since despite what they say, I get no thoughts coming from your mind?
Oh come on I tried to make a joke.
You realize you will see every game in 8k as your output right?

Back