Geforce 3 Ti 200 overclocking problems

Drakeos

Newcomer
A few months ago, I picked up a new computer with a Leadtek 128mb Geforce3 Ti 200. After a day or two I tried overclocking it, pushed it up 2 - 3 memory and core speed at a time and ran through the 3d mark test between them.

I don't remember extactly how much I had overclocked, but I was around 190/430.. at that point it locked up in the 'nature' demo, so I reset and got an error, something to do with 'nv4_disp.dll' if I remember correctly. I tried it again, and it froze up in the exact same spot as before, and I was getting a similar error every time I booted up.

I couldn't really tell if the lock-ups were directly caused by the overclocking, as I couldn't see any other signs it was causing problems, like odd graphical problems.

I clocked it down in an attempt to get rid of the (quoting windows) 'serious errors' but it didn't work and I ended up reformatting (which fixed it) and leaving it for the time being.
Been thinking about attempting to overclock it again lately and I'm wondering a few things..

Did I just get unlucky with the card? Or is there hope I can possibly get up higher than before? Not very knowledgeable on these things, so I thought I'd ask around before I tried again. :)

Thanks in advance.

don't reformat, you're not dead yet...........

It's the driver's. I had the same problem when I first got the 200 until I uninstalled the drivers, restatred, cancel Windows detectng it again and then install whatever driver set fits your fancy. Haven't had any problems with drivers since in XP or ME. I just install them over the old ones.

Back