Gears of War from X05 in 720p direct feed.

one said:
Normal maps are very noticeable in crisp 720p (around 0:44)

No trying to refute or defend XB360, but do they already use it the "full" 512MB (I mean, as well as they would use the 256MB) of memory, could they do that in 6-7months:?:

I saw a mixture of pre-rendered cutscenes with some actual ingame shots and the difference in quality is HUGE. Looks good but please get lost with your Killzone CGI comparisons.

Last edited by a moderator:
3roxor said:
I believe that but those very nice looking visuals aren't playable..

Everything is ingame assets and ingame rendering code, the only difference is in the camerawork and animation.

3roxor said:
I saw a mixture of pre-rendered cutscenes with actual ingame shots and the difference in quality is HUGE.

The game looks fantastic, i don't think they were pre-rendered, but there are some inconsistencies with the models.

Most noticeable the close up on the model at (0:21) compared to the close up on the model at (0:32), that said, the game still looks sweet no doubt.

3roxor said:
I saw a mixture of pre-rendered cutscenes with some actual ingame shots and the difference in quality is HUGE. Looks good but please get lost with your Killzone CGI comparisons.

Totally agree, if the cutscenes are realtime then there is definately a big difference to actual gameplay scenes, also the framerate/animation between these scenes is very different.

cut scene are given more Ram for bigger textures.PR screenshots are been given even more.
the video is post processed (all transitions).
now ,my opinion:
I don't understand the over-reactions .seen all that before ,no we just get shorter secquences ,fast cuts big sound.I'm really not impressed at all except i fell more and more like they are trying to hide a bad game behind easy wow-ness.
:)

_phil_ said:
cut scene are given more Ram for bigger textures.PR screenshots are been given even more.
the video is post processed (all transitions).
now ,my opinion:
I don't understand the over-reactions .seen all that before ,no we just get shorter secquences ,fast cuts big sound.I'm really not impressed at all except i fell more and more like they are trying to hide a bad game behind easy wow-ness.
:)
well I hope thats not the case

Smak said:
Totally agree, if the cutscenes are realtime then there is definately a big difference to actual gameplay scenes, also the framerate/animation between these scenes is very different.

exactly , and its not even a small difference. I think in the action scene, the guys have even less polygons on them.

Having just watched the trailer, from the smooth and cinematic character scenes to the low-frame-rate gameplay was a shock! I can see how some think the cut-scenes were CG by comparing cut-scene to gameplay on framerate alone. There was some nice lighting and stuff, but it was very far from the KZ trailer in quality, and no fair comparison 'GOW is real and as good as KZ' can be offered as proof of KZ's viability IMO.

Back