GDC disappointment?

dukmahsik said:
any rsx info??

Not ATM, i personally think there wont be any more. Sony did the same thing with PS2, they hyped the EE to hell and high water and released every bit of Tech info about it they could and at the same time neglecting the GS. I imagine they'll do the same with PS3, release EVERYthing they can about Cell and hardly anything on RSX.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Not ATM, i personally think there wont be any more. Sony did the same thing with PS2, they hyped the EE to hell and high water and released every bit of Tech info about it they could and at the same time neglecting the GS. I imagine they'll do the same with PS3, release EVERYthing they can about Cell and hardly anything on RSX.

was there any reason why they did that with the ps2? sony likes to market everything that's a strong point so i am wondering why they wouldn't with the rsx.

Platon said:
A bit dissapointed as well, was expecting lots of tech talk, and then I mean real tech stuff, no crapy FLOPS here and there, but what ever...

GDC is all about networking....
The rest of it is just an excuse to charge developers for the priveledge.

dukmahsik said:
was there any reason why they did that with the ps2? sony likes to market everything that's a strong point so i am wondering why they wouldn't with the rsx.

Its just hype, GS got over shadowed by EE and now Cell is over shadowing RSX.

DarkRage said:
Well, maybe it is just I haven’t found the right news.

GDC is supposed to be a conference for developers. With loads of talks about new technologies, engines, APIs, programming models, performance considerations and so on.
I wonder if it is happening, or we have a mini-E3.

Gamasutra.com has had the best coverage of the actual conference. Most of the websites/forums arent talking about most of the developer related stuff actually. ;)

There seems to be about 4 or 5 Cell oriented discussions going down today, maybe something interesting will pop up on that.
http://www.cmpevents.com/GD06/A.asp...sC=0&scTKs1=0&scFMTs1=0&GetDaysC1=0&Ssp=&SB=3

ERP said:
GDC is all about networking....
The rest of it is just an excuse to charge developers for the priveledge.

That makes a lot more sense. Even more when coming from a games developer.

Thanks for the other links guys. Some of them have some info. Nothing astonishing at first glance, but sure I can learn from them!!!

Back