GDC disappointment?

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by DarkRage, Mar 24, 2006.

1. !eVo!-X Ant UK

Banned

Not ATM, i personally think there wont be any more. Sony did the same thing with PS2, they hyped the EE to hell and high water and released every bit of Tech info about it they could and at the same time neglecting the GS. I imagine they'll do the same with PS3, release EVERYthing they can about Cell and hardly anything on RSX.

2. dukmahsik

Banned

was there any reason why they did that with the ps2? sony likes to market everything that's a strong point so i am wondering why they wouldn't with the rsx.

3. ERP

ERP Moderator
    Moderator Veteran

GDC is all about networking....
    The rest of it is just an excuse to charge developers for the priveledge.

4. !eVo!-X Ant UK

Banned

Its just hype, GS got over shadowed by EE and now Cell is over shadowing RSX.

5. heliosphere

Newcomer

If you're interested in the development side of things you can get quite a lot of the presentations from here: GDC proceedings.

6. liverkick

Regular

Gamasutra.com has had the best coverage of the actual conference. Most of the websites/forums arent talking about most of the developer related stuff actually. ;)

There seems to be about 4 or 5 Cell oriented discussions going down today, maybe something interesting will pop up on that.
    http://www.cmpevents.com/GD06/A.asp...sC=0&scTKs1=0&scFMTs1=0&GetDaysC1=0&Ssp=&SB=3

7. DarkRage

Newcomer

That makes a lot more sense. Even more when coming from a games developer.

Thanks for the other links guys. Some of them have some info. Nothing astonishing at first glance, but sure I can learn from them!!!

8. 3dcgi

Veteran Subscriber