Games with split-screen co-op and/or bots

fearsomepirate

Dinosaur Hunter
Veteran
Hey all. I occasionally have friends in my apartment. If we play video games, we usually gravitate toward Timesplitters because, frankly, I kick the crap out of them in shooters, so it's only fun for them if they're shooting comparatively dumb bots instead of getting turned into digital meat pudding by my rocket launcher. :devilish:

Anyway, so far, the only game for my PS3 I've got that includes splitscreen v. bots is Black Ops. I'm getting a bit bored of it and wondered if you would recommend anything. So far, I know that the following games have some kind of split-screen co-op or bot matches:

KZ3
COD:W@W
COD:MW2
Haze
Borderlands (a little too involved for casual play)

Are there any others you guys know about? I am not interested in games that have only vs. multiplayer. Those aren't fun with my friends. I am also open to suggestions from outside the shooter genre.

I don't have a console, just going on what I remember from reading about them, so please check them out first...

I believe Unreal Tournament 3 has splitscreen vs bots.
GR:AW 1 and 2 are co-op campaign modes.. not exactly pick up and play though if it's anything like the PC version.

You might have luck scouring this list. The icon that looks like 4 squares denotes a split-screen game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Driver: San Francisco has a couch co-op split screen mode. I have not tried the co-op missions yet as I have been busy with the rest of the game but split-screen free drive mode was pretty slick (the wife and I had fun chasing each other around for a while).

The game itself is all around awesome outside of having copy prohibited saves.

Split screen co-op ? R3 has one. I think R&C All for One has 4P co-op.

R3 MP is just getting robust. The splitscreen co-op should be ok, except for some scripting bugs. To be safe, wait for patch 1.04 first. 1.03 was released last Saturday to fix MP lag. I suspect firmware 3.72 also addressed some of the OS netcode issues (but I could be wrong here).

Renegade Ops has shared or dynamic split screen I think. 2player offline, 4p online.

Castle Crashers is 4p on/offline as well.

Back