Games to Buy List for 2007

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Since there are way too many games coming and I probably can't afford all of them (but even then want to keep track), I thought I'd make a list here on what I can and want to buy, and when. I'll be keeping this post up-to-date for myself, and I suppose others could do the same here in the first post of their thread, and the rest would be banter about which games get released when, are delayed, thanks for pointing stuff out I / you overlooked, etc.

if we really want to discuss a particular game I suggest we actually take that to an existing thread on the game:

EU Region (The Netherlands)

PS3

8 November (Thursday):
- Tekken Online (PSN) - BOUGHT!
- Eye of Judgment BOUGHT!

9 November:
- Ratchett & Clank - BOUGHT! (arrives 12 Dec)
- Call of Duty 4 - Maybe not

16 November
- Assassin's Creed - MAYBE, version also not certain
- Lair - MAYBE (still curious)

22 November
- Orange Box
- Guitar Hero 3 - BOUGHT!

29 November
- Haze - PROBABLY NOT

7 December
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - BOUGHT! (arrives 12 Dec)
- Singstar - BOUGHT!

13 December
- GT5 Prologue Japan - Import, BOUGHT!

22 November
- Guitar Hero 3 - got the PS3 Version

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I have just copied my personal PS3 games list from my computer:

- Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Sport 25-Oct-2007 (Got it on release)

- PSEye Nov-Dec-2007 (Standalone)

- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare FPS 09-Nov-2007

- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Action 14-Nov-2007

- Assassin's Creed Action 15-Nov-2007

- SingStar Music Karaoke 07-Dec-2007

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Action 05-Dec-2007

- *Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Racing Q4 2007

*=If available in Europe

PS! Nordic release dates by the way

EDIT: Removed WipeOut HD as it is now officially moved to 2008:(
EDIT 2: Getting COD:4 "fo' shau"!

Also, if anyone has import tips, some of these games are obscenely cheaper for us Europeans to get abroad
I have a tip. One shop that does ship PS3 games to Europe is Renchi.

With the weak dollar you pay 35€ for a 360 games and 40€ for a PS3 game. Allot cheaper then the 79.99€ (115 dollars) that some shops are asking for some titles.

One thing you must keep in mind are the import duties but Renchi does provide a solution for that.

Mass Effect - for sure
Ratchet and Clank - most likely so my PS3 can have something in it ;-)
Uncharted - The game that intrigues me most this year.
Call of Duty 4 - not sure for which system
Assassins Creed - maybe

my 2007 list consists of Uncharted, R&C, CoD4, HL2 EP2 and UT3. i should have R&C already, but amazon.ca is extremely slow... i guess they sold more than they thought they would have.

Definites are:
Mass Effect
Eternal Sonata
Ace Combat 6
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Hopefully, Rez and Ikaruga

Maybes are:
Assassin's Creed
COD4
Lego Star Wars Saga
GH3
Rock Band

Last month or so already had me buy:
Halo 3
Orange Box
VF5
Skate.
Exit
Lumines

Give my wallet a break !

Oh, and Arwin, why are you waiting for the PS3 Orange Box if you have a 360? I'll give you a fair chance in TF2 (for the first few rounds ;) ) (actually I've only played the medic :p)

Actually I put it on there because it's a big release, but I don't think I'll get the Orange Box (or it'd have a big YES behind it ;) ). It does have my attention though because I'm interested in seeing how badly EA messes it up on the PS3 :p (or not! ;) ) and it's a big release anyway.

I think I won't buy more than one shooter ... I was amazed as it is that I actually cared to finish Resistance SP, and I think that's either going to be Bioshock or Call of Duty 4. Warhawk is good enough for me for quite a while yet (get to play that too little as it is), so if I get one, it'd have to be very good in single player.

Ironically, I'm noticing that I'm having to think carefully about what game I want to play in what room, of all things. For now I can get my kicks out of the MS Wheel if I want to in the study, while my wife is feeding her Joss Whedon addiction (which I share, but I also like games, she doesn't ;) )

But that does make this whole decision process a lot tougher. On my computer LCD, games don't look or sound nearly as hot as in the living room (though sound can be fixed with good headphones). That kind of thing has an effect.

So many I have to pick up that are already out but I'm not even done with halo3 yet.

Ace Combat 6
NHL 2008
Orange Box

upcoming
Mass Effect
Assassins Creed

Those are ones that I'll likely end up buying, but there's a bunch more I'd be inclined if I had more time, such as VF5, skate, CoD4, GH3, Timeshift.

All on 360.

Well in the US many of those games are already out but Im currently going to buy

PC:
UT3
Crysis

PS3:
Uncharted

360:
Mass Effect

Maybe:
Witcher
Virtua Fighter 5

I thought I'd outgrown FPS games and then I bought Resistance to play the SP in order to develop console gamepad chops for Warhawk and I love the damn game! First FPS I've played since HL2...actually only non-sports game I've played since HL2. So now I'm thinking COD4 might be fun and I'm DLing the linux demo of Enemy Territory now.

Other buys:

Crysis (XP with a DX10 hack?)
Metroid (Wii)
Uncharted (PS3)

PS3:
Unfortunately I haven't decide what to buy yet and generally I don't have an urge to play games as they come out.

That said, games with multiplayer components (CoD 4, Haze, UT3, Timeshift etc. ) have somewhat higher priority because of stronger online community just after the release. They all depend on reviews, impressions and quality of online service and unfortunately I'm not easily satisfied any more.

There are some other low priority games that I missed but I'm hoping to buy sooner (GRAW 2, Lair, NGS, Oblivion, single player Final Fantasy games)

Of course there is awesome Ratchet & Clank Future that needs to be played, but I decided to buy and finish Deadlocked first to complete my collection (minus Size does Matter).

Uncharted is the second almost guaranteed purchase unless the shooting sucks as common in most console TPS/FPS shooters. If so, it may get delayed a little.

I'm very jealous of Eye of Judgment players out there but the setup and more importantly card collecting seems to be too much of a burden for me.

Finally maybe Assassin's Creed

PC: Crysis and maybe HL2: Episode 2 and Portal

360: Mass Effect (but since there are too many games to play, and being single player this one may get delayed too,)

Mass Effect (bought)
Bioshock (bought)
Halo 3 (bought)

PS3
Uncharted
Heavenly Sword (bought)
Assasins Creed (bought)

PC
Crysis
The Witcher! The game ROCKS!

I'm not sure about the platform.
Army of two

Maybe
kane and Lynch
COD4

Edit, for update ...

I cannot afford too many games. I have already purchased Orange Box, Halo 3 and Bioshock recently. Did not like the latter two and traded them back. My only remaining purchases will likely be Assassins Creed and Mass Effect. Because I am a bit tired of FPS, and also these games seem very ambitious, free world, and deep.

COD4 is the other title I have a major interest in purchasing, however, limited to two of the remaining big three most likely, I dont think it makes the cut. I very well may pick it up sometime in 2007 or early 08, though, it just doesn't look like it's gonna be a day 1 purchase. Alternativley, I may just rent it.

360:
Halo 3 (have)
Bioshock (have)
PGR4 (have)
CoD4
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed (based on reviews)

PS3
Uncharted (based on demo)

PC
Gears PC
HL2: Episode 2 only
Crysis

Absolutely sure: Mass Effect

Absolutely embarrassed I haven't gotten yet: Bioshock

Other almost must haves:
Orange box, too many games to say no to, especially as I have not played HL2
Naruto, I have no clue about the series, but the games looks strangely appealing to me
Assassins Creed, unless it is a complete flop
COD4, although if is as short as said I will have to wait for a price drop

Darn you Arwin, I was gonna make a thread on november 1st :p

Already bought:

God of War II
Forza 2
Bioshock
Halo 3
Orange Box
Gears of War

Buying this year:

Assassin's Creed
Crysis

Was gonna buy them but coz of my freaking car breaking down I cant till next year! :

Mass Effect
Call of Duty 4
Kane & Lynch
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
Smackdown vs Raw 2008
NFS ProStreet :oops:
Dead Rising
Lost Planet

An odd list I know :LOL:

Back