What games to buy?

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
Soooo.

Im coming back from my stay in Germany in a couple days, and back to my PS3 :)

Since my GF is going to be working a lot during xmas, i get some time to play games :D

I have basically been without a PS3 for 6 months, and haven't really read any reviews or whatnot. Tell me what to buy?

So far on my list:
GT5 ofcourse
Assasins Creed Brotherhood or whatever its called.
Thats about it.

(I bought black ops while i was on a quick visit)

Any great releases from mid-summer to know would be nice to know about.

Oh i also have a quite decent laptop to run PC games on, so if you play pc games, add some for that aswell. (Specs: I-5 450m, 4gig ddr, 1 gig ATI HD5650)
Fallout New Vegas? PC or PS3?
Mafia 2? PC or PS3?

Funny small PSN games are also cool.

Thanks!

I haven't played it yet (GT5 is taking all of my time up) but many seem to like Castlevania. Vanquish also seems to be good. I also recommend the Sports Champions Move bundle (and an extra move controller). Your g/f might enjoy it as well.

The PC vs. PS3 made me thing of this so please forgive the minor derailment, but does anyone know where I can find a list of games that are console ports to PC and vice versa...

Fallout New Vegas? PC or PS3?
Mafia 2? PC or PS3?

PC in both cases. You'll want the PC version of New Vegas so you can easily use 3rd party mods to fix all the bugs, plus you'll get to run with the higher resolution and AA. Mafia 2 should also be better on PC.

The PC vs. PS3 made me thing of this so please forgive the minor derailment, but does anyone know where I can find a list of games that are console ports to PC and vice versa...

Not really. It's kind of a case-by-case type of thing. Your best bet would be to look at triple format comparisons from Digital Foundry (not that many) to determine if the PC port was borked, but it'd be easier if you could narrow down the selection.

Funny small PSN games are also cool.

For PSN games, I have been toying with Hoard, Kung Fu Live (requires PSEye) and a couple of Move games lately (Tumble, Beat Sketcher, SackBoy's Prehistoric Move).

I think others here play Dead Nation as recent as last week.

On PC, depending what you like:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Metro 2033
DoW2: Chaos Rising
Napoleon: Total War
Mount&Blade: Warband
Just Cause 2
ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead
SC2
Alien Swarm (free)
King’s Bounty: Crossworlds
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Lost Horizon
R.U.S.E.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Football Manager 2011

You can also check out Natural Selection 2 and Frozen Synapse and if you like them pre-order 'em and play the beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back