GamePro gets 360 Debug kit (power supply?)

randycat99 said:
I'm kinda amazed that the original Xbox is cited at 200 W (makes me really suspect that someone is mistaking the distinction between "input" and "output" power specs when reading the power rating labels on a device). Going from 200 to 250 W in the X360 really isn't that much of a jump in power draw, imo.

Umm, I was pretty sure that the original xbox was at sub 100W, not sure how much but I don't think it broke 100.

The 2 fans in the PSU are working hard apparently...

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000503068848/
Here’s how the Xbox 360 ranks in terms of noise output versus the other fan-cooled devices in the apartment.

1. Old, clunky refrigerator
2. Xbox 360
3. PlayStation 2 (fat version, not slim-line)
4. Panasonic PT-AE700U projector
5. GameCube
6. Xbox 360 power supply
7. IBM T42p (Laptop)
8. Dell Latitude C610 (Laptop)
9. iBook G4 (Laptop)

If true, that's certainly not good news. I was hoping to retire my PS2 as my main DVD player because of the annoying racket it makes. The fan isn't all that LOUD relly, it just makes a really irritating frequency of sound when nothing else is heard.

I hope that if x360 truly is louder than PS2, that that is during gameplay conditions when CPU/GPU are gunning along at maximum speed, and that it is (substantially) quieter while playing movies...

Guden Oden said:
I hope that if x360 truly is louder than PS2, that that is during gameplay conditions when CPU/GPU are gunning along at maximum speed, and that it is (substantially) quieter while playing movies...
I find it's the DVD drive motors that are most audible in any player, and not the fans.

Back