G4 talks about this weeks x05.

BlueTsunami said:
I totally thought the whole Xbox360 was a spoof, but appearently after watching that vid..it wasn't. Although he does have a point that its his opinion and his alone (although I don't agree with alot of what he said). In the end, he deserves whatever backlash he gets, he knows better.
Its not his opinion alone . He is speaking for a show and is giving alot of gamers thier news . The channel it self should be as objective as it can possibly be and you shouldn't relaly come out with names like microsucky or whatever was said .

Kb-Smoker said:
This is from todays show. GOT to check this out.

Link to video of todays show

Just.........just awful.

Doesn't he get it? Its not just about his opinion. Its not called "The Kevin Show" on some public access channel. When you have alot of fans of a particular product and you take a solid three minutes just tearing into it it looks bad.

What he did the other day on AOTS was as if it was ripped straight from a post from the crappiest of forums.....like Gaming Age.

It would be no different if tonight on Monday Night Football John Madden said "I hate the Steelers. They are overrated and are the worse team in the league. I think Big Ben is a fraud and should be a janitor at a public school. On the other hand the Chargers are the best team ever, haha Steeler fans what do you think about that?"

Of course if he did such a thing even if it his opinion Steeler fans would want his head on a platter. Kevin should have known what to expect after that completely 1 sided, childish, biased tirade. Now he acts like he didnt expect heat from it?:rolleyes: Whatever...

jvd said:
Its not his opinion alone . He is speaking for a show and is giving alot of gamers thier news . The channel it self should be as objective as it can possibly be and you shouldn't relaly come out with names like microsucky or whatever was said .

Yeah thats true. Although I never really took the dude that made that piece seriously. It seems as though it was more of a ~SHOCK~ type of commentary on X05 to pull in viewers or something. I love how flaberghasted (<---holy crap, did I spell that right?!?!?) he seemed, he HAD to know the Forum lashback that he would get!

By the way....Morgan Webb is hot...FHM + Morgan Webb equals my total and complete devotion to her.....:oops:

I really miss the old TechTV.

My problem isn't with the host(s)...eh...okay, it is. While it's not a crime to have an opinion, ala Fox News. My problem with G4TV is that it's done in bad taste. The jokes aren't funny. The spoof aren't interesting...and sometimes, the reviews don't really tell you anything, especially X-Play. What's up with all the stupid spoof during a game review? It also like they're saying our review is so boring, we have to add junk to it. Man, when I watch a review, I want to know more about the game/product, even if they think the game is boring/suck, tell me why don't side track into some lame skits.

Initially, AOTS was okay. It kept the lame jokes to a minium. But then suddenly, it started to go down down. In one show, when Sarah reviewed an underwater pda case...they did a really lame skit. It's a kind of humor even my 13 years old nephew thinks it's just plain stupid, not hip and definitely not funny.

Arg! Sorry, had to vent.

I don't really get into the skits either but even the old TechTV tried to be "entertaining" when they did product reviews.

Their rationale is that all this product info and review could be found on the web by their audience. So they need to entertain and put telegenic chicks on camera.

BlueTsunami said:
Although he does have a point that its his opinion and his alone (although I don't agree with alot of what he said).
Why do people act like they can say whatever and then add "IMO" on the end and everything's okay? Then if trouble comes it must be everyone else's fault? I hate that. Totally irresponsible and selfish.

IMO. :LOL:

Inane_Dork said:
Why do people act like they can say whatever and then add "IMO" on the end and everything's okay? Then if trouble comes it must be everyone else's fault? I hate that. Totally irresponsible and selfish.

IMO. :LOL:

Oh, I could care less that hes getting a backlash. Its one of those allusive "meh" moments. But yeah..the IMHO and IMO does get used alot. I think its more or less because people have gotten lynched for their opinion though. Although you still are responsible for what you say no matter what. I just think what the G4 dude said wasn't all that..funny.

BlueTsunami said:
But yeah..the IMHO and IMO does get used alot.
IMO is needed otherwise people think your stating facts.

"PS3 will sell for $500" versus "IMO PS3 will sell for $500"
"XB360 is a better console than PS3" versus "IMO XB360 is a better console than PS3"

There's nothing wrong with people having personal opinions, unless you think we should all just go along with what everyone else sees. The appropriate time to communicate those opinions is a different matter. eg. A Referee in a football match doesn't want to talk about "IMO Man U/Steelers deserve to win this match" as it sets his bias, and even if his referring is impartial people won't believe if he's expressed a personal bias.

Regards G4, best thing people can do is right to the sponsors, and write to the show saying they'll stop watching until the guy with the stupid comments is sacked (and stop watching). If hacing this guy on gets ratings, they'll keep him. If having him loses ratings, he'll go.

This guy is a clown. I still don't understand why G4 doesn't tell him just to calm it down a bit. The thing is he is a good host, but when he says crazy things like this it makes him and the whole channel look bad.

Back