Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

One thing I've noticed with F5, more so than with any other console sim, is that it can punish you for creating sudden weight shifts with you car. As long as you focus on trying to keep your car flat and clean you get rewarded. And I mean by easing slightly into the brakes to reach max brake force, rather than a quick brake which a lot of other games let you get away with.

Not sure if other games apply breaking and steering force along a curve to prevent players from creating herky jerky movements, or if roll and snap are more directly "simulated" now.

I cant really say about Gran Turismo when playing with the DS3 but I am sure what you describe is strongly present in GT with my G25 steering wheel and everything in the simulation settings twicked for max realism

Since this may be coming to pc
can someone tell me what pc racing game is forza 5 most like? Is it a proper sim/ sim lite/ arcade racer ?

New content inbound. http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/games-dan-greenawalt-letter-to-community

"This is important. We’re just getting started! In early April, we’ll have another announcement about a free add-on to Forza 5 that I think you guys are going to love."

Let the speculation commence. Personally still hoping for Nürburgring.
Long Beach, in California, free for Forza 5.

Long Beach, how good it sounds....

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/458217/forza-5-update-adding-free-long-beach-circuit-trailer/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

I'd be happy to get it. But honestly I'm surprised by how much I am enjoying long beach. That is one fun track; once you get past the initial inevitable pile up at the fountain. LOL! Not to mention it looks amazing. Now that I'm used to the physics, I can't play any other racer.

I'd be happy to get it. But honestly I'm surprised by how much I am enjoying long beach. That is one fun track; once you get past the initial inevitable pile up at the fountain. LOL! Not to mention it looks amazing. Now that I'm used to the physics, I can't play any other racer.
The game is pretty accurate simulation wise, I think. I also got used to it and find hard to adapt to other racing games.

On a different note, some Forza 5 videos... Question is... can racing and Formula 1, Indy car racing and so on be considered sports?

Pretty interesting videos:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_4_11_14

They are considered sports

Get in a real racing kart (TaG/Shifter/or even a fast 4-stroke) or a single seat SCAA racer - and you will quickly run out of breath and your muscles will ache for days. ;) Depends on the track naturally, but yes I think it works your body/mind enough to be called a sport. :smile: Not to mention the skill required (subjective - racing is fun no matter how serious you try to get) to hit your marks to get the corner perfect. A good sense of where you arse is in the world helps - this is one area where I struggle in sim racing games.

Sim racing you are naturally using your eyeballs to try and feel the car, so with some of the Forza cars I just don't get along with them and my lap-times suck. You just can't get that supernatural feeling of what the tires and suspension are doing, but regardless some of the cars are great fun to drive and balance in Forza.

What I do like, in real life you know where there are things in the track that might upset the car or allow you to bump the rpm by momentarily popping the wheels up. Maybe you are drifting out more than you like, but you know the kerb in a certain spot will stop this movement. You can find spots in the game that cause the same type of thing, so that is neat actually. It is those small things that make you feel more connected to the game.

I really wish we could adjust the cockpit seating position though - or a more natural way of a cockpit head movement would solve this. Might have to wait for Kinect v3 with eye tracking though. Ha!

Get in a real racing kart (TaG/Shifter/or even a fast 4-stroke) or a single seat SCAA racer - and you will quickly run out of breath and your muscles will ache for days. ;) Depends on the track naturally, but yes I think it works your body/mind enough to be called a sport. :smile: Not to mention the skill required (subjective - racing is fun no matter how serious you try to get) to hit your marks to get the corner perfect. A good sense of where you arse is in the world helps - this is one area where I struggle in sim racing games.

Sim racing you are naturally using your eyeballs to try and feel the car, so with some of the Forza cars I just don't get along with them and my lap-times suck. You just can't get that supernatural feeling of what the tires and suspension are doing, but regardless some of the cars are great fun to drive and balance in Forza.

What I do like, in real life you know where there are things in the track that might upset the car or allow you to bump the rpm by momentarily popping the wheels up. Maybe you are drifting out more than you like, but you know the kerb in a certain spot will stop this movement. You can find spots in the game that cause the same type of thing, so that is neat actually. It is those small things that make you feel more connected to the game.

I really wish we could adjust the cockpit seating position though - or a more natural way of a cockpit head movement would solve this. Might have to wait for Kinect v3 with eye tracking though. Ha!
Apart from what Davros mentioned, it would be great to have a camera like this one in a PC mod for F1 2014, which simulates an on-board camera and the headmotion of the driver.

When I first I saw it in motion I was awestruck by how a camera like this makes racing feel more realistic.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/ultimate-cam-pack.860/

I can easily see my lap times improving quite a lot with a camera like this.

That does look great, and it would improve things - it flows naturally to where you would be really looking.

Edit: Yep, Simbin had nice features that worked.

Nurburgring

Slightly of topic, but while we wait for The Nurburgring to (hopefully) come to Forza 5, here is a video of my best lap at this years trip to The Ring (1-5 of May)
Enjoy the scenery and hopefully The Ring will turn up in Forza 5 sooner rather then later :)

BTW, car is a 2003 BMW z4 2.5l with ESSTuning SuperCharger (about 300bhp)

Link if embedded don't work: http://youtu.be/cohjpPBO7gc

No motion blur, text appears on ground out of nowhere. Too much bloom. Obnoxious white stain in the middle of the screen. Rear lights don't light up the ground!

Rubber banding A.I.

Things.

Back