Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

Thanks guys, this made me LOL quite hard :LOL:

FYI, it's rendered at 60fps internally and then down scaled ;-)

Thanks for sharing, I have not been since the 80's (nor could I drive then). I still remember getting off a bus at the bus stop chicane in Spa in the 90's. ;)

Slightly of topic, but while we wait for The Nurburgring to (hopefully) come to Forza 5, here is a video of my best lap at this years trip to The Ring (1-5 of May)
Enjoy the scenery and hopefully The Ring will turn up in Forza 5 sooner rather then later :)

BTW, car is a 2003 BMW z4 2.5l with ESSTuning SuperCharger (about 300bhp)

Link if embedded don't work: http://youtu.be/cohjpPBO7gc
hahah, some of the replies to this video made me laugh. I watched it on youtube already, a day or two a go, I think? DSoup, AlNets and Jwm nitpicking :smile: missed the fact that everything is 2D!

Seriously though, believe it or not, I was about to post one of your videos here to add a new post asking for Nurburgring on Forza 5, writing something like; "When are we going to see this again on Forza?".

@Cyan - What is even worse is that they could not even afford to budget in any spectators, I guess this track takes up too much vram. Looks like the grasscrete is tessellated nicely! What is funny though is how some of the trees do look billboarded when in motion. Interesting that they added bikes to this game as well, feels a bit more like PGR now!

Ok I am done, LOL

XXID6mo
/img]

Massive jaggies. Compressed textures. Chroma subsampled rendering.

At least it has dynamic time of day for 10 minutes. Well worth the trade-off.

Slightly of topic, but while we wait for The Nurburgring to (hopefully) come to Forza 5, here is a video of my best lap at this years trip to The Ring (1-5 of May)
Enjoy the scenery and hopefully The Ring will turn up in Forza 5 sooner rather then later :)

BTW, car is a 2003 BMW z4 2.5l with ESSTuning SuperCharger (about 300bhp)

Link if embedded don't work: http://youtu.be/cohjpPBO7gc

How did you get Telemetry info?

I have Harry's laptimer app also.

@Cyan - What is even worse is that they could not even afford to budget in any spectators, I guess this track takes up too much vram. Looks like the grasscrete is tessellated nicely! What is funny though is how some of the trees do look billboarded when in motion. Interesting that they added bikes to this game as well, feels a bit more like PGR now!

Ok I am done, LOL
:LOL::LOL:The spectators comments killed me off. Yup, they decided not to add spectators because they couldn't wave flags not to blunder the processor with extra processing -nor they wanted cardboard people-, so they decided to wave farewell to that feature.

XXID6mo
/img]

hah, you took the time to take a screengrab and select specifically a part of your screenshot. That's typical of a geek of the highest order! :D

You see? We are having a lot of fun commenting on video footage as a game, and it just goes to show how much pressure gamers put on programmer with today's tech, always wanting the best of the best graphics.

Point is.., that's cool and hip nowadays, but we should let programmers have some fun creating their games, with crazy creatures and fun stuff, which doesn't happen often. It is as if games took themselves too seriously, which is fine ... just at times.

Ok I am done, LOL

They did manged to put some spectators inn
Photo%2010.05.14%2011%2043%2031.png

XXID6mo
/img]

That's the Ex-Muhle curve (04:54.21 into the video), worst place ever to take screenshots

Here is the full "uncompressed" 720p/60fps version of the video, for those who wants to do a "proper" analysis
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...89&authkey=!ACkZBj0bLyXwBlk&ithint=video,.mp4

@Cyan - they are all wearing the same hoodie. Some are not even facing the track...sigh.
@AlNets - I am getting around 192p after counting the steps in the aliasing. Looks to be some form of NSAA, and a rather bad use of it at that.

In real Forza news I was impressed at how right the track looks after watching the Spanish GP today. I have thousands of sim laps around that track in various F1 or SimBin racers, so it is a track I like. Forza you do get the proper drifts when you push a corner too much, so I enjoy that track here as well. Fun challenge.

NSAA = No such anti-aliasing

Last edited by a moderator:
TV presenter and driver Tanner Foust from Top Gear USA, teams up with Forza.

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2014/05/tanner-foust-teams-forza-motorsport-2014/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: TheCheckeredFlag (The Checkered Flag)

“I’m excited to be working with Forza,” said Foust. I play racing games in the off-season to keep myself sharp and Forza Motorsport has been a part of my life since its first release on Xbox.”

Forza Motorsport developers Turn 10 will be releasing a special edition Tanner Foust Racing-inspired version of the 2010 Volkswagen Golf R to Forza Motorsport 5 players on Xbox One to celebrate the partnership. The Golf R will feature a livery inspired by Foust’s 2014 Rockstar Energy Volkswagen and be uniquely tuned.
The realism of Forza Motorsport on Xbox One is truly unprecedented,” said Foust. “I am thrilled to give fans the chance to experience my inspired car in the game. The visuals and physics are as real as it gets without literally getting behind the wheel.”
Foust.jpg

I have the car connected to the iPhone/Harry's LapTimer (GPEdition) with a GoPiont BT1 OBDII dongle. You can get more info here http://gps-laptimer.de/OBD_II.html and here http://gps-laptimer.de/Compatibility.html

Cool. I might need that. Just did Sonoma Raceway/ Sears Point yesterday. Here's a clip of the hot lap chasing down a CTS-V race car. As you can see the GPS has a hard time keeping up so I think a GPS booster and a OBD_II would help tons. I'll add up the costs and see how it compares to a proper telemetry system.

happy to see that my lap time is faster than the TT2 class my car would be eligible for and that's with street tires on their 2nd trackday! :D http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/...Trials_Sunday_End_of_Day_Results_by_Class.pdf

If I get a trailer and a transport then I can run Hoosier slicks and get tire contingency from the Time Trials.

I'll upload the full chase down the road.

Cool. I might need that. Just did Sonoma Raceway/ Sears Point yesterday. Here's a clip of the hot lap chasing down a CTS-V race car. As you can see the GPS has a hard time keeping up so I think a GPS booster and a OBD_II would help tons. I'll add up the costs and see how it compares to a proper telemetry system.

happy to see that my lap time is faster than the TT2 class my car would be eligible for and that's with street tires on their 2nd trackday! :D http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/...Trials_Sunday_End_of_Day_Results_by_Class.pdf

If I get a trailer and a transport then I can run Hoosier slicks and get tire contingency from the Time Trials.

I'll upload the full chase down the road.

Nice driving
Infineon/Sonoma is one of my favourite tracks in Forza 4, just to bad it's not on this side of the pond (Europe) because it's a track I would have liked to drive in real life.

Yeah, I think a GPS Booster is a good investment if you do a lot of track days. I have bought a Dual XGPS160 (10Hz update rate compared to the 1Hz update rate on the iPhone). Going to be fun to see the difference next time I'm at The Ring. (Maybe later this year or definitely next year)

Btw, what car are you driving? Looks like a fast on :)

Nice driving
Infineon/Sonoma is one of my favourite tracks in Forza 4, just to bad it's not on this side of the pond (Europe) because it's a track I would have liked to drive in real life.

Yeah, I think a GPS Booster is a good investment if you do a lot of track days. I have bought a Dual XGPS160 (10Hz update rate compared to the 1Hz update rate on the iPhone). Going to be fun to see the difference next time I'm at The Ring. (Maybe later this year or definitely next year)

Btw, what car are you driving? Looks like a fast on :)

Thanks! Been really enjoyed track days since I picked up my car last year.

It's a 2011 Corvette Z06 that's stock except for a race seat and poly bushings since the stock bushings do not hold upto track usage well. Tires are Michelin Sport Cups

This was my 6th track day overall but I have previous exp from racing motorcycles.

Speaking of favorite tracks, pitted next to a McLaren MP12-4C who drove Spa. Talk about being jealous :(

Thanks! Been really enjoyed track days since I picked up my car last year.

It's a 2011 Corvette Z06 that's stock except for a race seat and poly bushings since the stock bushings do not hold upto track usage well. Tires are Michelin Sport Cups

This was my 6th track day overall but I have previous exp from racing motorcycles.

Speaking of favorite tracks, pitted next to a McLaren MP12-4C who drove Spa. Talk about being jealous :(

Ah, the Corvette Z06 is a very nice car :), but unfortunately for the average Norwegian it's a dream car few can afford :( (on Norway's largest used car site there is one 2011 model for sale and it cost just north of 250 000 usd. Hooray for Norwegian car tax :rolleyes:)

There were quite a few MP12-4c on the ring this year, so it wasn't to special ;-)
The most unique car at the ring this year was a bright orange Gumpert Apollo, quite the spectacle that car :)

Spa is most definitely on my "bucket list", hoping I get to do both The Ring and Spa on one trip sometime.

Back