Forum Software Change!

Is it possible to restore the old behavior when ignoring users? I used the ignore list as a flag, a note to myself that this user's posts should be taken with a grain of salt before reading. Instead of displaying the minimized posts inline, the new forum now removes them entirely (as well as quoted posts and even started threads), which can destroy discussion context. When I suspect that this has happened, I have to scroll to the bottom of each page, hunt for the link to display ignored posts, wait for the page to reflow, then find my way back to where I was reading before; it is incredibly disruptive.

Ignore user ignores entire threads? That's a bit excessive, isn't it?

Could there be a toggle for this particular behavior maybe?

Ok, I'm feeling like a dolt. During the transition, I had several old "xxx" quotes in my signature that still worked like proper quotes - they appeared in the quote box, they attributed to "xxx", and they were "clickable".

I have recently discovered a far more awesome quote to use as my signature, which I would like to attribute to the original author. However, when I paste the proper code into my signature box:
So you could cram about 3.17×10^77 dollars' worth of $100 notes into the universe. That might even be enough to afford a Quad-SLI of GeForce GTX Titan 3.
... my signature drops all the code snippets and leaves only the text.

Is this a design decision linked to the new software (and my prior signature simply got grandfathered in by the upgrade) or am I just doing it wrong?

hm... Weird. The quote appears fine in the preview when attempting to edit the signature. The formatting disappears after saving the change.

Forum setting maybe?

Rys, sexy:

I'm thinking a possible alternative to using child forums, make the old "parent" a larger width with smaller "child" forums

Interesting! It's a shame that UI.X can't have per-user settings for that stuff, so I can let you all generate whatever layouts you want and customise to your heart's content. Lots of it is site-wide, which makes me hesitant to change it.

Can't access thread using Tapatalk. Other forums still function correctly, so I thought this is B3D forum problem.

Now it's working!
Edit: actually it isn't... At least the broken part. I mistakenly tried to access the thread from trending tab on Tapatalk (the one like lightning bolt with an arrow on top) and it either give an empty thread or warn me that it can't find the thread. Accessing the thread from the latest post (or something) is working.
I tried to access a thread on another forum from the trending tab and it's working, so I believe it's still a problem on B3D forum.

Last edited:
Try removing the forum entirely from your Tapatalk and add it again.

Can someone explain my what's happening to me here regarding one thread?

m3fbOXY.png

I can see the Tegra thread in the recent posts of the forum index, but when entering the forum I can't see it in the listing. When I log out, it re-appears. This is really odd. It only happens to the Tegra thread.

I've used the forum software to view the forums as if I had your permissions and view settings, and I can't see the same thing. If you click on the link you see in the forum overview, do you get to see the contents of the thread?

And does it happen on any other sub-forums, or just the Handheld Technology one?

I can view the thread just fine via the latest link or the notifications, it's just not listed in the handheld forum. It only happens to that one thread. Also reproducible in other browsers.

That forum and thread appear fine for me. I'm not really sure how it would not appear for other users. I'm on the dark theme on Firefox at the moment.

Back