Forspoken (Project Athia) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I think there was nothing offensive to be honest.
People make too many assumptions and are too sensitive for nothing.
She is the main character. And she is black. I dont know why people think they are trying to be racist with their own main character, who seems to have lots of great personality traits and great looks.

It can be everywhere. Even in these forums. It comes when you least expect it.
You try to say one thing, it turns into something else :LOL:
I find your derogatory use of the non-gender specific term 'it' to be offensive and vulgar. Your implication that 'it' can only be a bad thing, and that 'it' has no rights to do whatever 'it' wants, whenever 'it' wants, to be demeaning. These kind of ideas should be left in the history books and not proliferated in a public forum....

:D

I find your derogatory use of the non-gender specific term 'it' to be offensive and vulgar. Your implication that 'it' can only be a bad thing, and that 'it' has no rights to do whatever 'it' wants, whenever 'it' wants, to be demeaning. These kind of ideas should be left in the history books and not proliferated in a public forum....

:LOL:

It can be everywhere. Even in these forums. It comes when you least expect it.
You try to say one thing, it turns into something else :LOL:

i sometimes (often?) found some comments (not just here, everywhere) makes my blood boil. but after i leave it overnight or a few weeks, then i read it again. I don't even understand why i was so irritated ROFL.

back to forspoken, any idea whether they will use the isekai trope as something important with the story (like very few isekai anime/manga/novel) and gameplay, or it will just be a throwaway backstory with no use, like most isekai anime/manga/novel?

because i personally really like it when the isekai is not just a backstory but actively affects the story. Heck, i even dabbled in making an isekai game where the concept is not just for backstory but also for gameplay (i have not thought of the main story).

Heh, heard an interesting comment from someone watching the trailer.

Them: Hey, it's Warframe. Only it doesn't look as good or as fun as Warframe.

Regards,
SB

Heh, heard an interesting comment from someone watching the trailer.

Them: Hey, it's Warframe. Only it doesn't look as good or as fun as Warframe.

Regards,
SB

Hilarious. What warframe are they playing?

ps5 warframe
warframeps52.png

forspoken
forspoken1.png

Reactions: snc
Hilarious. What warframe are they playing?

ps5 warframe
warframeps52.png

forspoken
forspoken1.png

Whoa that looks REALLY bad on PS5. I wonder why? On PC it's one of the best looking games. That looks like the NSW version of Warframe. Is the PS5 version of Warframe using NSW assets? That is so weird.

Regardless, the comment was about the movement, traversal and combat powers. All of which are like Warframe, but a lot worse.

Regards,
SB

It’s and old tileset. Newer maps and areas look much better than that. Doesn’t reach the level of forspoken but it looks nice enough.

That's still really bad, nothing on the PC version looks that bad. I wonder why they don't just use the PC assets, the PS5, even the PS4 should be more than capable of supporting that.

Hell, it wasn't even that bad back in 2012 during closed beta.

Regards,
SB

That's still really bad, nothing on the PC version looks that bad. I wonder why they don't just use the PC assets, the PS5, even the PS4 should be more than capable of supporting that.

Regards,
SB

I play both PC and PS5 and the assets are the same. Main differences I’ve noticed are in foliage in the open world maps. Go play and old corpus ice planet tileset and it’s the exact same on PC, looks awful no matter the platform, although the screenshot appears to have quite a degree of compression that makes it look even worse. Digital Extremes has been updating old content but Corpus ice planet has not gotten the treatment yet, if those are not the oldest assets still in the game I’m pretty sure they’re the top 3.

Regards,
SB
its realy hard to remember how game looks 9 years ago, our memory usualy keeps this better image, forspoken is not canditate for best looking game of 2022 but keep it real and not compare it to warframe ;d

its realy hard to remember how game looks 9 years ago, our memory usualy keeps this better image, forspoken is not canditate for best looking game of 2022 but keep it real and not compare it to warframe ;d

There's plenty of video's on YT, so you don't have to rely on memory alone. :)

Regards,
SB

I play both PC and PS5 and the assets are the same. Main differences I’ve noticed are in foliage in the open world maps. Go play and old corpus ice planet tileset and it’s the exact same on PC, looks awful no matter the platform, although the screenshot appears to have quite a degree of compression that makes it look even worse. Digital Extremes has been updating old content but Corpus ice planet has not gotten the treatment yet, if those are not the oldest assets still in the game I’m pretty sure they’re the top 3.

So basically they chose a non-representative screenshot where the game was likely bugging out WRT rendering to make themselves feel good. I'm looking at footage from 2013 and nothing looks remotely that bad even with YT compression. Assets were certainly flatter and softer back then but they didn't completely lack detail and definition like in that shot.

Regardless, I'm glad the PS5 version doesn't actually look that bad. :)

Regards,
SB

Whoa that looks REALLY bad on PS5. I wonder why? On PC it's one of the best looking games. That looks like the NSW version of Warframe. Is the PS5 version of Warframe using NSW assets? That is so weird.

Regardless, the comment was about the movement, traversal and combat powers. All of which are like Warframe, but a lot worse.

Regards,
SB

The comment mentioned looks as well, but alright. Also, disagree. Warframe movement traversal and combat looks highly jank and not fluid if you're just watching it. Not remotely on the same level as what's been shown in Forspoken.

So basically they chose a non-representative screenshot where the game was likely bugging out WRT rendering to make themselves feel good. I'm looking at footage from 2013 and nothing looks remotely that bad even with YT compression. Assets were certainly flatter and softer back then but they didn't completely lack detail and definition like in that shot.

Regardless, I'm glad the PS5 version doesn't actually look that bad. :)

Regards,
SB

He was saying the PC version of Corpus ice planet also looks awful, not bugged. The damage control to defend it though is funny given who brought up the warframe comment as a troll comparison attempt.

warframe pc ice planet
warframepc5.png

warframepc2.png

Reactions: snc
The later isnt visually interesting to date. Stalker will issue in a new era of videogame teeth by the looks of it.
I think Forspoken will be quite good looking (like top10 if it was 2021 title) tough there will be better looking games in 2022 for sure, Stalker 2 should looks great

Back