First Xbox 360 Teaser Commercial

Hardknock said:
For the umptenth time, these commercials are not for you. There is a very extensive process to get casual gamers interested in your console. You can't just bombard them with videogame trailers, that will not make them bite. You have to first establish your console as cool. These commercials are creating an image that will last for the remainder of the generation. Then once these people that have never bought Xbox before feel familiar with the console, that's when you reel them in with gameplay footage.

I don't see how jumping rope makes your console cool. It has nothing to do with the console

Some people will just never get it. If you don't get it, move along, instead of continually sharing with us how you don't get it ;)

McHuj said:
Honestly, I thought that was one of the best commercials I've seen.

I didn't know that it was an xbox commercial at first.

But I did start think about the water balloon fights when I was younger. I just kept thinking this is looks like alot of fun. And all of a sudden the Xbox360 logo popped up.

So at least on me, the commercial was a success. Afterwards, the image left in my mind was Xbox360=fun.

Obviously, certain ads won't work on certain people. But for the demographic that was watching during Lost, this was probably an excellent commercial, because MS wants to reach out to more none gamers.

They can put gamer commercials on ESPN, Cartoon Network, or Spike TV.

Exactly

jvd said:
I don't see how jumping rope makes your console cool. It has nothing to do with the console

Community and Fun that's the point. They're trying to make your mom realize she can actualyl have a good time with a video game system....novel idea...not gonna fly though I don't think, not at $400 USD

Back