First party- Sony v Microsoft - Which is better?

Who has the better first party developers?

• Total voters
Sony

however IMO MS have the potential to be the better of the two in a few years time (in time for next gen)

-aneep-

Well, I am not quite sure, what are MS first party except Halo that are currently out (and I am not even sure that's made by MS, I thought it was made by Bungie, and development of it started before the purchased I think) , so I would go with Sony.

How has MS's acquisition of Bungie harmed the company in any way? It has only assured their financial stability, and vastly increased the rescources at their disposal. Being the developer of the #1 selling Xbox game has only given them the industry-wide recognition they've deserved (and been denied) for the past 10 years. I'm crying. :rolleyes:

And as a openly-biased Bungie fan since 1997, I say this with the utmost confidence:

Bungie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everyone else.

How has MS's acquisition of Bungie harmed the company in any way?

It doesn't. Well it shouldn't anyway, but we will see in the future, if MS get rid of them once they are done.

All I remember Halo was being developed before the acquisition of Bungie and wasn't it being develop for another systems before Xbox ? was it PC ?

It was being developed for PS 2 and PC iirc. I think the game is way better suited for the Xb tho, for obvious reasons

Bungie never had a PS2 development kit. The only one who said anything about publishing the game on PS2 was Take 2, not Bungie.

As for 'discarding the company when they're done' .... wha?

All I remember Halo was being developed before the acquisition of Bungie and wasn't it being develop for another systems before Xbox ? was it PC ?

Mac and PC... Up until '97 Bungie was primarily a Mac developer

Bungie never had a PS2 development kit. The only one who said anything about publishing the game on PS2 was Take 2, not Bungie.

IIRC all PS2 development of Bungie's titles in development at the time were supposed to go to Rockstart, but they only got Oni...

Back