Russian nVidia fan murders AMD fan over argument about which graphics card is better

milk

Like Verified
Veteran
Not a joke.

amd-725x375.jpg

What looks like a rarest of rare case, two Russian friends started arguing over which Graphics processor is better, nVida or AMD, and one of them ended up being killed in the most gruesome manner.

Aleksander Trofimov, 37, hacked his friend to death with a knife, after hitting him twice in the head. His friend, Evgeny Lylin, died instantly as a result. The murderer was offended at the victim, he stabbed his dead body 11 times after a while.

The incident took place in the quite town of Saransk, Russia. The friends used to work together as colleagues a few years ago, and kept in touch ever since. Aleksander invited his friend for a few drinks, and both of them got drunk.

This led to the discussion about which cooler of a GPU is better, nVidia or AMD. The discussion soon took a turn for the worst and Aleksander ended up murdering his friend for claiming that AMD was better.

Although, the incident took place over an year ago, Aleksander got convicted and sentenced only recently. He was handed a nine and a half year prison sentence for the crime.

The sentence seems to be low for such a gruesome crime. Moreover, the guy clearly has some mental issues (although they were drunk) for murdering someone over the argument about which graphic card is better.

http://fraghero.com/russian-nvidia-fan-murders-amd-fan-argument-graphics-card-better/
and,
https://stolica-s.su/incident/61486

So, yeah... In other news: what do you guys think of meeting together to hang-out in a bar someday?

I'd rather meet up with console fanboys they're at least civilized compared to the PC Fanboys. Excluding the Nintendo Dreamers, naturally.

So, yeah... In other news: what do you guys think of meeting together to hang-out in a bar someday?
I met Kyle from [H] at an AMD phenom launch event in Tahoe in a bar, and this is when we were at our height of fighting each other online.

I had a great time! Sure we had different opinions, but we had so much more in common than we did different. I mean we were both hardcore in to cool gaming hardware and gaming, and that right there is a pretty strong common ground to work off of. Plus he was an old timer like me who remembered playing with DOS and making special configs to get games to work. Sure we disagree on IHVs, but we both love gaming and the gaming hardware community in our own ways plus he's a dad too so we had the family thing in common.

I really enjoyed getting drunk with him, it was one of my very rare getting drunk times in the last few decades and it was a total blast. My first launch event and finally getting to meet all my pals who I only knew from online contact, good times!

The people you argue with over hardware online you'd probably get along with in real life, unless you're a fanboy asshat in which case you're hopeless so you should just avoid contact with people please. :)

That's just.. dreadful. AMD fans don't deserve to be murdered. They should be helped with a compassionate but firm hand.

This is terrible. It also looks like these two knew each other and the nvidia vs. amd debacle was probably the tip of the iceberg.
That or the guy doing the killing is just sick from the head. Considering he's a nvidia fan it makes some sense.

I'd rather meet up with console fanboys they're at least civilized compared to the PC Fanboys. Excluding the Nintendo Dreamers, naturally.
Pfft.. figured you'd love to mingle with Xbox Shills.

This thread is totally out of place, though.

Back