Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

1080p directfeed video from Square's TGS presentation [Type0, Agito and FF15].
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYHpvvRHUA

There is aliasing present in FF15, especially on the distant buildings at 27:50

here's a better summary of what is being said
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=130887002&postcount=67
Here's a translation of everything he said

- Final Fantasy XV's director has been changed, now the game is in Tabata's hands. Nomura will work only on KHIII
- The trailer's not extended, but the scenes showed confirm it's about the upcoming demo
- Tabata (I suppose): "There are great expectations for this game, and we're not forgetting this saga's roots while creating new elements (see the final part of the trailer)"
- The combat system starts as "action" a-la-KH, lots of things changed since then but the action nature is still there. Not a classic JRPG, for sure
- Episode Ducsae is confirmed for March 2015, included in Type 0 HD
- Ducsae is a region in FFXV's world
- The demo will be about a period not too far from beginning of the game, but no spoilers, don't worry, Tabata reassures. It's all to let the player comprehend the new combat system
- The demo's length is far bigger than normal, with 3-4 hours and possibily of playing exploartion and dungeon phases
- No classic Final Boss in the demo, but the final impression will be incredible for FF fans
- There will be many exploration phases, the player can freely drive the car or let the CPU drive it through Auto Drive, so he can see see secret zones
- Tabata: "The combat system's modifications have been applied correctly, and the development team feels the game much more like a "Final Fantasy" since it became a main title
- ...but this doesn't mean the end of the action nature! The combat system's basis will stay that, but it won't be confusionary. We want the player to control fully what happens
- There will be many new elements, and most I can't talk about. But I can tell you Noctis can dodge enemies by keeping pressing the "Block" button; there will be also Auto-Attack and the Warp button
- Every character/ally will fight with his/her own style; by knowing how Noctis can perform different combos with them the player will be encouraged to search for them on the combat field in order to make a turning point in the battle. In specific moments, only a specific ally can be used against specific enemies, and the command will be visible only near the enemies. This is what makes our work on FFXV magic. We're very satisfied"
- Tabata praises next gen's power, by underlining the beauty of the real-time day/night cycle
- Tabata: "Open world? Yes, FFXV will have a massive world to explore, all thanks to next gen consoles
- The demo is 70-80% complete. March's version will be better.
- We've worked hard on how each character is characterised. Everyone's going to have his own character (laughs...). You'll love them all.
- Prompto is the typical exuberant boy full of vitality, while Noctis the one who "knows", he's not the once-reserved-lonely boy anymore
- Aesthetically, Ignis has been changed too
- SE would like to expand the FFXV's universe on PSVita and mobile phones, i.e. it would be great to connect outside of the TV screen
- The story retrace the Fabula Nova Crystallis' myth from FFXIII and Type 0, in a different world. The plot is simple: the boys have to get back a crystal stolen by an enemy country
- During the interview, some names were mentioned, like King Aegis, Emperor Aldercapt, Luna, the city of Altissia...any news on the matter? Tabata: "No comment".
- Not even Luna? Tabata's answer: "The others are no comment, while Luna is...tabula rasa" (laughs...), then "I'd love telling you more, but right now I can't, still she'll be a key character liek Notcis!"
- New details on plot and characters in future events, Jump Festa 2015 especially.

thanks teeda

wow my japanese seems rusty, i misunderstood the "70-80%" and the "autodrive" >_<

btw about the "no big boss" talk. i think it said that there will be "surprise" for the players. so there will be definitely something they prepared on the end playthrough although there will be "no big boss" thing.

thanks teeda

wow my japanese seems rusty, i misunderstood the "70-80%" and the "autodrive" >_<

btw about the "no big boss" talk. i think it said that there will be "surprise" for the players. so there will be definitely something they prepared on the end playthrough although there will be "no big boss" thing.

I believe it ll be about fighting against a summon ? Odin maybe ?

@teeda
Or riding a Summon a-la colossus? :D

@s's b
Before the move to ps4, square has said that the battle is worked by kh team and will act like kh.

But hearing the tgs 2014 explanation, it seems they mix kh with ff. So it will be real-time action but less button smashing. For example, you hold button to dodge instead smashing it repeat.

The characters are on par with that ff7 ps3 tech demo. The aliasing is disapppointing though

Really ? I think you might want to go back and look
at that demo.
There's a world of difference between this character models
and that tech demo IMO.
I'd say that tech demo was surpassed last generation with
FF13 and it's sequels.

On topic :
I'm really, really impressed with this stuff !
I hope square can deliver.

Yeah Jodie in game model in Beyond utterly destroys Aerith from FFVII tech demo in lighting, textures and cloth physics at least on par.
288s2eo.jpg

I really love the animation there
http://i.minus.com/igbStDv4WJCty.gif
the cloth physic looks great too.

The tech demo was really good. Luminous engine looks marvelous. I like the volumetric smoke in the beginning of the trailer when they see the giant creature while driving the car. I believe it looks at least as good as FFXIII CGs ? ( I mean FFXV cutscenes could look as good at FFXIII CGs ? ) One thing that ll bug me in this kind of game even if it s an A rpg and not a hack n slash game is the lack of a jump button lol. I love jumpoing and do air combos but that's not a DMC game.

if its like what they say, a adaptation of KH battle system.. hopefully they kept the jump button :D
btw FF13 also have jump button, so i think it will be awkward if they remove it.

if its like what they say, a adaptation of KH battle system.. hopefully they kept the jump button :D
btw FF13 also have jump button, so i think it will be awkward if they remove it.

The first FF13 doesnt have a jump button if I recall. Jumps are automated in certain areas that the characters need use as animations to progress

One thing that ll bug me in this kind of game even if it s an A rpg and not a hack n slash game is the lack of a jump button lol. I love jumpoing and do air combos but that's not a DMC game.

You can teleport, jumping is not needed ;)

The first FF13 doesnt have a jump button if I recall. Jumps are automated in certain areas that the characters need use as animations to progress
Yep. FFXIII proper has no jump.

Lightning Returns has a relatively "free" movement system compared with the other FFXIII games, and it does feature a jump. LR wasn't a particularly mainline project, though.

(...where LR really shines is the ladder system.)

I really love the animation there
http://i.minus.com/igbStDv4WJCty.gif
the cloth physic looks great too.

The tech demo was really good. Luminous engine looks marvelous. I like the volumetric smoke in the beginning of the trailer when they see the giant creature while driving the car. I believe it looks at least as good as FFXIII CGs ? ( I mean FFXV cutscenes could look as good at FFXIII CGs ? ) One thing that ll bug me in this kind of game even if it s an A rpg and not a hack n slash game is the lack of a jump button lol. I love jumpoing and do air combos but that's not a DMC game.

It's not volumetric smoke but it's good to see more games with particle systems capable of receiving shadows.

I think the biggest elements that help close the gaps in terms of realtime vs prerendered graphics are the use of PBR and the excellent HDR capabilities provided by Yebis.

Back