Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

If they manage to make a FF game that resembles more DMC than FF, but with all the depth and levelling up of a typical FF game, then i'm very excited about this.

The ingame footage reminded me more of DMC, which to me is a good thing.

Exactly. I was confused, because it looks like DMC. But no button prompts were shown...so I could not figure out how the fighting really works.

I could easily tell what's gameplay or CG by the lighting and hair. And am I the only one who think it looked mediocre? I mean I honestly thought it was PS3 footage all the way till the end when it says coming to PS4. The fact it's not on Luminous Engine is simply saddening, I was hoping they would shown a next gen FF based on Luminous at some point.

I could easily tell what's gameplay or CG by the lighting and hair. And am I the only one who think it looked mediocre? I mean I honestly thought it was PS3 footage all the way till the end when it says coming to PS4. The fact it's not on Luminous Engine is simply saddening, I was hoping they would shown a next gen FF based on Luminous at some point.
FF16 will use it.
Please be excited. ;)

From the trailer, I thought that gameplay and art looked great. I'll have a look at the gamersyde footage to see what I feel about it technically.

Gameplay looks good. I think they're getting close to their goal of making it seem more cinematic while fighting. And it's only going to happen by getting away from a turn based system.

No, you are not the only.It looks flat and the fighting secuences too convoluted and confusing.

From the trailer, I thought that gameplay and art looked great. I'll have a look at the gamersyde footage to see what I feel about it technically.

Yeah I actually like the free style gameplay, it seems more fun and intense. But technically it's really a mixed bag at the moment if anything it's well below Agni's Philosophy.

probably old. Also, why are people actually disappointed that this game doesn't look like agni's philosiphy? Being on a tech website you should obviously know what the difference is between a tech demo that runs on a gpu more than twice as powerful as well as 16gb ram and an I7 in comparison to an actual game running on actual consumer hardware right?

Not to say that i don't think PS4 could not get to the same ballpark atleast for the character models in an actual game(as 1886 shows), but this is a semi open world with a lot of cross gen assets to boot, so its not going to be possible regardless.

Those comments are almost a year old, most expectations have been trimmed back now(I hope).

Personally i would be ecstatic with fidelity similar to Infamous:SS, though that seems unlikely i hope at least that the image clarity and AA are comparable.

I was actually more impressed with it than Agni's Philosophy. They gave just the right impression that the scope of this game might rival the PS1 titles.

I really just want to fly an airship again. :p

Well if they carried that over from versus, that was the original plan. Who knows if its still in there but let's hope. I'm more excited about just going around a semi open environment fighting monsters with badass weapons, overleveling and stuff.

FF13 never let you over level, and it never let you go back to different areas neither

I was very interested for Versus XIII since the moment they announced it [and continued to ruin FF wit h13 with each following expansion], and I still want to see more of it.

Hopefully it will come out before end of 2015... but game is made by Square. Their delays are always on a epic scale.

Well if they carried that over from versus, that was the original plan. Who knows if its still in there but let's hope. I'm more excited about just going around a semi open environment fighting monsters with badass weapons, overleveling and stuff.

FF13 never let you over level, and it never let you go back to different areas neither
Overleveling is an important part of the RPG genre, it allows people who are stuck to grind their way past their roadblock, also that few hours grinding might help them improve.
To remove it is a mistake, it also makes you feel like you have little control over your actions and no real freedom.

Concerning FFXV, a large number of the current dev team was working on FFXIV:ARR, which has many large open areas that people want in a mainline FF title.
So hopefully Nomura and co will make use of that experience.

High quality for those that want it:

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_final_fantasy_xv_tgs_trailer-33001_en.html

They are still not really showing much and just from that video it is pretty clear there is a lot of work to be done. I know they said 2015 release date at some point but I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back to 2016. The combat concepts they are showing look fun. I like the idea of driving around in the car, it just seems so absurd and at the same time so fitting in FF.

With that stella render(the one with her sitting in the chair) could anyone tell what the resolution is?

There's clear aliasing around the edges

Back