Final Fantasy VII Remake

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by L. Scofield, Dec 5, 2015.

1. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Wow, the game sure does look great. And it will come on PS4. More details will be revealed next month at E3.

Release plan remains unchanged, they are working on three "full sized" games that will cover the events of FF7. While they are pretty protective on the charachter designs, they have openly said that they are willing to adapt everything else as they see fit. Hopefully we will get another ambitious RE2 adaptation that is not afraid to expand, adapt, and modernize.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ultragpu and Karamazov like this.
  2. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Why the game looks amazing and dated at the same time.. Hmm

OCASM and iroboto like this.
  3. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Easily the best variant/version of FF7 you can possibly nostalgia into, and looks better than the original cutscenes. But. At the same time we’ve seen Unreal Engine taken to higher heights with other titles, some of which are already released.

4. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

i dreamed about a FFVII with advent children quality graphics
    now we are here, not technically of course, but the overall look is here.

DieH@rd likes this.
  5. tuna

Veteran

Looking forward to this in 2021!

Karamazov likes this.
  6. DJ12

Veteran

Hurry up and take my money Square, HURRY. UP. AND. TAKE. IT!!!

7. Rodéric

Rodéric a.k.a. Ingenu
    Moderator Veteran

Colour me curious...
    It looks stunning, I'm cautious gameplay wise.

chris1515 likes this.
  8. Ike Turner

Veteran Regular

Well the trailer is 80% Pre-rendered (in engine) cinematic footage + 20% real-time "gameplay". I'm expecting a situation similar to Kingdom Hearts: Underwhelming IQ and graphics when not displaying pre-rendered cut-scenes..

OCASM and BRiT like this.
  9. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Yeah KH3 prerendered cutscenes looks way too amazing compared to the real time ones

10. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

Honestly it's too late for the PS4

Even if the first of 3 episodes is coming in H2 2019, the second won't release before 2020 and the third by 2021.

In the end, the game series will be dragged down by the PS4's hardware compatibility in a time where the games are taking advantage of the new hardware.

11. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

They have years of work already invested in PS4 version of the game [we were shown in-game visuals 3.5 years ago]. If part1 is already near completion, it should be pushed out to sales and then ironed out a bit when new consoles come.

milk likes this.
  12. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I remember watching my ex (well, ex-several times removed) playing this for what felt like an eternity and she was always fighting the same blobby things in the same field.

milk and London-boy like this.
  13. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

I really hope they fixed these issues with the IQ and developed the engine properly to display nice real time graphics.
    I was underwhelmed with FF15's visuals as well. The first trailer they showed for the next gen consoles initially looked significantly better than the final product.
    The final product has unstable framerate, aliasing issues, harsh lighting and aggressive LOD.
    The final game looked nothing like this IMO.

OCASM likes this.
  14. bgroovy

Regular Newcomer

FFVII Remake is Unreal 4.

Picao84 and London-boy like this.
  15. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

Yes I know. I have the impressions that developers make adjustments on the engines to suit their needs.
    KH3 was also Unreal but it had inconsistencies and if I recall the hair still suffered from some dithering.

16. bgroovy

Regular Newcomer

Fair enough. I thought you were implying it used the Luminous Engine from FFXV.

17. milk

Veteran Regular

Most AAA games suffer from dithering on hair. Rendering hair as an opaque on the deferred g-buffer draw stage using some sort of stocastic pattern for transparency (as in old school alpha to coverage) and hoping to god their TAA will sort it out has become the industry standard solution for hair this gen. At least we do have TAA now, MGSV went that route without it and at 720p on last gen. You were just expected to squint and pretend you hadn't seen the artifacts.

18. Sigfried1977

Veteran

The hair in the Resident Evil 2 remake looks magnificent.

19. vspectra

Newcomer

Everything that didn't look to run at 15fps in this trailer was pre-rendered CG. The final game looked a lot better than the real-time segments in this trailer though. Character shaders especially looked last-gen here in the real-time parts.

Still suffered from dithering on console.

https://u.cubeupload.com/vspectra/e71RESIDENTEVIL22019020.png

RE2R looks fantastic, but one of my complaints especially is how stiff Claire's pony tail is; it looks like it animates as one large solid mesh. I think Square Enix are better at hair in this regard.

20. Sigfried1977

Veteran

I disagree. The hair in something like TR may be more technically advanced, but it sure as hell doesn't look more believable. A pony tail mostly moves like a "single mesh" in reality as well, because unlike in the TR games, strands of hair tend to stick together unless you're spending hours every day on making it as shiny and fluffy as possible. Those video game gals are probably filthy and sweating like crazy.