Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicals MP and GBA

notAFanB

Veteran
in case you haven't heard already FFCC will require GBA's for multiplayer.

Striving for innovation or blatent attempt at shifting units?

any thoughts?

i never understood this connectivity stuff... it just forces people to buy both systems for no reason.

Like in Zelda, where the (quite useless) Help system is only available with a GBA.

Mat: The help system isn't worthless, it makes the game (even more) easier for younger players, and might make mapping out the sea a more entertaining experience for some people.

Hehehe, the help system is a 'blast', literally. The GBA player can detonate bombs wherever they want ^_^

And I agree that while it does seem kinda forced, nearly everyone who has a GameCube also has a GBA, and for that matter there are many, many more GBA owners than there are GCN owners.

I think this connectivity stuff is awesome. I just worry a little about FF:CC, because the GBA has no analog stick and relatively few buttons. Won't make controlling the game as easy as with the ultra-nice GC controller (which really - apart from a slight lack of buttons kicks the butt of all other console controllers I ever tried).

*G*

I've said this before and I'll say it again. no self respecting 'gamer' should live another day without playing Mad Trax on Rayman 3 for GCN. It's all about the GBA player building a road for the 'racer' on the GCN. Innovative and fun as all get out. If Prince Of Persia has any connectivity like that than i'm in on the GCN version.

Damn I hate this GBA link up stuff, sure it was fine when it was the occational title (Pokemon to pokemon stadium) but this is just out of control.

You can't get a 1st or 2nd party title now without having some sort of GBA only feature, really brings down the image of Nintendo.

And yes the Zelda help menu thing was crap, out right.

Tagrineth said:
And I agree that while it does seem kinda forced, nearly everyone who has a GameCube also has a GBA, and for that matter there are many, many more GBA owners than there are GCN owners.

I have a GC and no Plans of getting an other Gameboy. I've not even used my old Gameboy when i've got it back 1991 or so.

I'm not saying that connecting GBA with the GC is allways a bad thing, but in most games its just implemented to have connectivity, but without a reason to do it (Gameplay wise). Its just there to sell more GBAs (or GCs)

Blade said:
Mat: The help system isn't worthless, it makes the game (even more) easier for younger players, and might make mapping out the sea a more entertaining experience for some people.

OK. it may help some people, but there is still no reason, why you have to have a GBA for it, or? (OK, its slightly better than having the hints directly on the screen, nut not much)

Won't Nintendo cover the development costs of any game that uses GBA-GC connectivity out of the QFund (Yamauchi's fortune)?

mat said:
I'm not saying that connecting GBA with the GC is allways a bad thing, but in most games its just implemented to have connectivity, but without a reason to do it (Gameplay wise). Its just there to sell more GBAs (or GCs)

Well for FF:CC, each player's status screen will be on the GBA. For a real-time multiplayer game, having the status screen open off-screen is a big help, so you don't have to stop the game (and leave everyone else hanging) or cut off part of the screen to see your stats.

OK. it may help some people, but there is still no reason, why you have to have a GBA for it, or? (OK, its slightly better than having the hints directly on the screen, nut not much)

Because the 'hint player' has a display for his 'bomb' reticule. The hint player gets to blow stuff up :) and if the reticule isn't on the TV screen, how is the hinter going to know how to get it ON screen?

Jabjabs said:
Damn I hate this GBA link up stuff, sure it was fine when it was the occational title (Pokemon to pokemon stadium) but this is just out of control.

You can't get a 1st or 2nd party title now without having some sort of GBA only feature, really brings down the image of Nintendo.

And yes the Zelda help menu thing was crap, out right.

Shipping a GC with a GBA could do the trick :)

Back