FIFA World Cup 2010

latest odds

Spain $2.90
Germany $2.85
Netherlands $3.10
Uruguay $12.00

damn I should of placed my bet a couple of days ago

hey nz's also undefeated, and if spain or germany win the Wk they will be only undefeated side.
which no doubt will turn up in sport trivia questions, name the only team undefeated in the 2010 workcup? :)

The fact that Serbia had beaten Germany in group match should give boost to Spain's morale.
adn to further deflate their morale tell them nz bet serbia 5 weeks ago 1-0 ;)

hey nz's also undefeated, and if spain or germany win the Wk they will be only undefeated side.

Wrong, both sides have been beaten. Germany vs Ghana and Spain vs Switzerland

which no doubt will turn up in sport trivia questions, name the only team undefeated in the 2010 workcup? :)

Netherlands (or Holland as they like to be called) are the only team to not have lost a match yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unknown Soldier you misread my post I said if germany or spain win it then nz will be the only undefeated team.
ps - also usually the dutch dont like the term holland, thats why I use it :)

Great match going on...Amazing goal by Van Bronchost & another great goal by Forlan (though Stekelenburg misjudged the ball, or was it the ball itself :( )

Don't let me down Oranje :|

Ill be pissed off if its 2-1 to uraguay since I dreamed that last night (I see now the games in motion)
also dreampt about a game design (but ive forgotten that now), I dreampt during surgery the other day (I didnt think that happened?)

oranje boven oranje boven

Cool! It looks like we're actually going to win the cup this time!

Lots of short, frantic movement all around, but the Dutch team is actually motivated to win this time! They're playing a great game! That's almost a first since Cruyff stopped playing.

Cool! :)

They won't try to lose against Spain just to avoid doing so I'm sure. Besides, I doubt they'd like to play Uruguay for first place.

Whatever team makes it, I hope we get a clean, fair match. I'm worried about our nerves more than anything, that's been our biggest weakness historically.

Undefeated for 29 matches and in the final equals our best performance ever and we haven't been in the final since 1978. The pressure to win this time though ... Pff. I hope they'll just really enjoy themselves!

Uruguay played great and were very dangerous, and 3-2 seems at least an accurate representation of the match.

We lost from Germany in the final in 1974, btw, three days after I was born if I remember (the date ;) ) correctly.

So: Does Germany really want to play against Netherlands this sunday?
All the Dutch guys I know would love that match: "Yes! We zullen ze eens een poepje laten ruiken!" Especially here in Limburg.

But all in a good way, there are no hard feelings.

So: Does Germany really want to play against Netherlands this sunday?
they wouldnt mind, OTOH the dutch would prefer the spanish.
holland vs spain would be good, a lot of nerves since neither teams won it
I was gonna bet on german tonight, but I see the famous octopus has choose spain, so have instead bet $100 on a dutch guy for the golden boot (hoping villa or klose doesnt score any goals tonight)

Being Dutch, I can tell that a lot of people (including the players) seem to like the idea of having the final against our neighbours, simply because it's more fun to share such an experience with people you know - loads of people here know people in Germany through work, go on holiday there, etc and vice versa. Here at work we are actually temporarily changing laptop backgrounds and presentations to something suitable for a potential match against Germany. So I think most people here would actually root for Germany tonight!

One question: Just what exactly does Van Bommel have to do to get sent off in this tournament?

His tackles this tournament have deserved many yellow cards and he should have had a straight red last night for at least one of his fouls, yet he didn't get booked until the end of the game and that was for dissent!

I can't say that the Dutch team appears to be one of their most talented but they certainly do seem to have good organisation and an excellent team spirit for a change. This is in addition to one or two very good players such as Schneider and Robben. They are also getting a bit of luck here and there as well which always helps...

I'm looking forward to tonight's game - hopefully it will be a bit more exciting than last night which was a bit tepid in parts.

All the Dutch guys I know would love that match: "Yes! We zullen ze eens een poepje laten ruiken!" Especially here in Limburg.

But all in a good way, there are no hard feelings.

Funny thing is that the people living in Limburg always say they arn't Dutch (I agree with that, Limburg shouldn't be a part of Holland, living here is pure torture. Pretty much a lack of everything compared to de Randstad) but now we are winning suddenly they are Dutch :LOL:

Pretty much a lack of everything compared to de Randstad) but now we are winning suddenly they are Dutch :LOL:

Well to be fair all the orange flags and such have been here from day one. Also, Bert van Marwijk, the coach, is from here.

As for the 'lack of everything compared to', it's not that bad. There should be a few more discos though ... ;)

One question: Just what exactly does Van Bommel have to do to get sent off in this tournament?

I agree that he is one slick bast#$rd. I'm not quite impressed with his defensive 'style' sometimes either. It's too bad that this seems almost par for the course in soccer though - most teams seem to have someone like this. It is yet another area where I wouldn't mind having some additional camera feedback, with perhaps an ability to comb through a player's entire performance and ban someone from playing professional soccer for a year or whatever if in retrospect they did something nasty on purpose, or allow the receiving player to automatically pursue criminal charges.

octopusbanner20100707_275x155.jpg

:p

Back