Far Cry 4

Cross gen or not, surely things will scale quite well given that this game will also take advantage of powerful PCs. I thought FC3 was one of the best looking ps3 games and I know that the PC version looked a lot better, so there's hope. Loved this game, had to finish it completely it was so much fun.

Im sure that Far Cry 4 is likely going to look very good on the Ps4 and X1.
It may suffer to some extent from being cross gen.(Lower Polys than could be achieved if it was nextgen only). I have confidence in them because of their engines great scalability.
It has always struck me as a little odd that some games like this are never even mentioned until the E3 before it's release. Then you have others like Watch Dogs and The Division that get shown 2 or more years before they release.

Why is this cross gen :( ??? I want a full blown FC4 with no limitations of ps360 :( !

I LOVED fC3 ! One the best , most fun games on the ps3! I was so looking forward to a next gen FC but now all I get is a 'PC version' of a last gen game. I mean, The scope will still stay limited. FC3 on pC wasn't mind blowing, it was the same game with higher res textures and less pop up ! I don't want a 'FC4 pc version on ps4 ' !
Oh man, this was supposed to be exciting news, instead it threw a bucket full of dampness on me ! Bah !

Why is this cross gen :( ??? I want a full blown FC4 with no limitations of ps360 :(

Why would this being cross-gen hold back the experience on PC/PS4/One? It's a shooter, you point a gun at things and pull the trigger and they die ;) If you can squeeze Crysis on to 360 and PS3, scaling back graphics, environmental detail, model detail, physics complexity, particles, that doesn't diminish the superior experience on PC.

Why is this cross gen :( ???

I think Ubisoft would give you 160 million reasons why :)

FC3 on pC wasn't mind blowing, it was the same game with higher res textures and less pop up !

It was more than that, it was 1080p, 60fps, more msaa options, more post process options, more environment options, more shadow options, more geometry options, more water options, etc, they did try to support extra hardware which was nice rather than just doing a basic port. It made my two 670's fans howl more than any game previously so they were definitely working them, hence part 4 should be a good port as well, they seem to be a talented team.

Loved this game, had to finish it completely it was so much fun.

It was one of those games where I wouldn't even touch the main quest sometimes and just capture bases and map viewpoints, it was fun to try different ways to do that. Sometimes going all stealth, sometimes full on slaughter, sometime freeing caged animals and sitting back to watch the massacre, etc, very cool game! Especially after part 2 which was really weak.

Totally agree. I think i cleared out the whole first island way before the story would have taken me otherwise, and I agree that the second part almost felt like it was stuck there to add more game time instead of being part of the same game. But hey it meant I got more hours out of this game which was awsome!

Totally agree. I think i cleared out the whole first island way before the story would have taken me otherwise, and I agree that the second part almost felt like it was stuck there to add more game time instead of being part of the same game. But hey it meant I got more hours out of this game which was awsome!

There was a story! :oops: I spent all my time taking over bases and hunting. In fact I don't think I ever got to the absolute end.

I think Ubisoft would give you 160 million reasons why :)

It was more than that, it was 1080p, 60fps, more msaa options, more post process options, more environment options, more shadow options, more geometry options, more water options, etc, they did try to support extra hardware which was nice rather than just doing a basic port. It made my two 670's fans howl more than any game previously so they were definitely working them, hence part 4 should be a good port as well, they seem to be a talented team.

It was one of those games where I wouldn't even touch the main quest sometimes and just capture bases and map viewpoints, it was fun to try different ways to do that. Sometimes going all stealth, sometimes full on slaughter, sometime freeing caged animals and sitting back to watch the massacre, etc, very cool game! Especially after part 2 which was really weak.

Hoping they focus even more on the ps4/pc version this time.

And, yes, like all of you guys me too was so hooked to hunting, capturing bases and scaling towers that I think it was almost 9 months after release that I finished the story :D and I was playing since day 1 ! Capturing bases was supremely fun thanks to super fun shooting, the best automatic cover system in an fps, fun stealth and great great AI behaviour ! I wish they add more interactivity to environments this time. I mean, setting things on fire was fun, but it never really had an impact in my plans. Setting off animals, especially bears and Comodo dragons on the enemies was the most effective help :cool: ! Those damned lizards were anyways better off chewing their legs than mine. I really felt "ewwwwww, yuck !" Whenever I saw that damned lizard biting my foot in a first person view :p !

Okay okay, you've convinced me guys, I've parted with my hard earned £6.43 and my copy of FC3 is now on it's way!

You're cheap:) The game was worth every penny I paid back then on release. I hope yours includes the Deluxe version content because they are must haves, imho.

Those of you who complain about "racism:"

What exactly would it take for a game to

a) Feature you, the average American dude
b) Be set in an exotic location
c) Have a fairly tongue-in-cheek attitude
d) Have Michael Bay-style 'splosions and violence

and not be accused of racism? Draw me a positive picture of how your ideal game would fulfill a-c and not generate any complaining from social justice warriors, as in, describe for me what it would actually look like. Because it seems like every time an enemy in a video game isn't either British or German, the justice brigade comes in to complain about racism.

Lol
I thought it was the other way around...!
I mean they depicted those Americans, in a very bad way. :p
Quite stupid, so homicidal!!!

Sorry, but this time I'll go with, "This is just a game" with wildly exaggerated characters, from every side.

Those of you who complain about "racism:"

What exactly would it take for a game to

a) Feature you, the average American dude
b) Be set in an exotic location
d) Have Michael Bay-style 'splosions and violence

and not be accused of racism?

a,b and d were handled adeptly by Far Cry 2.

To get that to apply to a "tongue in cheek" presentation all you need to is be sure that the constraints apply to all characters in a way consistent for the setting and mythos. Far Cry 3 didn't seem to be aware of its own racism and on top of that, often forced the player to take part in it. All the talk about the ending of the game giving justification it was just that talk, the ending was just as obnoxious as the rest of game.

IMHO of course.

Cheers

See, I just don't think you can add "tongue in cheek" without people getting their feelings hurt on behalf of anonymous foreigners to display their status as properly sensitive people. There are too many opportunities to exploit when anything is the least bit cartoony or two-dimensional.

What do they mean by "ps4 owners can invite their friends into the game even if they don't own the game "?
So, if someone invites me to play with them, and I don't own the game, how can I play without any software on my side? So, friends who wanna play "free" download a different client?

What do they mean by "ps4 owners can invite their friends into the game even if they don't own the game "?
So, if someone invites me to play with them, and I don't own the game, how can I play without any software on my side? So, friends who wanna play "free" download a different client?

I was wondering that too... Surely the poor friend without the game would need to download the level and whatever data is needed? That's some waiting time and a half

That's what I reckon though. It's not unprecedented - DS and PSP titles have done this in the past. And if the system is smart enough, it can stream content on demand quite efficiently, keeping waiting time low, especially if someone has a half-decent connection. It certainly caught my attention as well though - the question is if it amounts to more than a demo or not.

Back