Far Cry 4

That's what I reckon though. It's not unprecedented - DS and PSP titles have done this in the past. And if the system is smart enough, it can stream content on demand quite efficiently, keeping waiting time low, especially if someone has a half-decent connection. It certainly caught my attention as well though - the question is if it amounts to more than a demo or not.

Surely if the friend can afford a decent enough connection (my fiber optic is not exactly cheap and I'd dread to do such a thing on anything less) and a desire to play FC4, he can afford it - even discounted or second hand?
I also think this whole multiplayer-without-game will be for very short demo-like sessions.
Then again if it's anything like FC3, I don't see how anyone would not want to run to the shops and pick up a copy after playing 5 min of it. Maybe that's the point.

This was covered in one of the Giant Bomb streams yesterday when they had one of the devs for the game on their panel. Its something along the lines of each owner gets 10 invites they can send out to anyone. Those who receive the invite download the game (or some portion of it, not sure) and can play with the owner in co-op mode only. Co-op mode apparently stops the story mode as soon as you start (I go the impression the transition is seemless and not something you boot into separately). The playtime for the invited guest is limited as well. I believe this was in their Day 00 coverage, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll try to grab the link and time stamp later.

The guy on the commentary video basically said If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The new game will be very much like FC3 in a different, beautiful setting and more goodies. That is music to my ears.

I agree, looks great! And I especially like that they'll allow co-op, not just with someone else not even needing to have bought the game, but just in general - should be a lot more fun to clear out a village in that open world together.

Yep. Everything from this game looks promising. And a lot of improvements from FC3, just judging by the high quality gamersyde video.

Changing vehicules during driving, shooting during driving (don't remember we could in FC3, maybe we could but I never had the opportunity to do it), attacks from up by eagles...

And dat co-op! And dat riding/car crushing elephants!

Interestingly in the previous Shortbread video at around 10:00 the developer said that the playable FC4 demos were running on real PS4 hardware.

Can't wait to do the hunting Yeti missions and skin their corpses! I mean, inevitable, right?

If they improve the (rare IMO) problems of the previous Far Cry, this game could will many GOTY 2014 awards.

If of course this game is not delayed into 2015 like many others serious GOTY contenders.

IMHO the towers should only allow you to create a map for an area but you still need to walk the area to fill it up with details.

Because in a twist at the end of the game it turns out you are blind and when you replay you just get a blank screen (60fps though) #ELI

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner.

If they improve the (rare IMO) problems of the previous Far Cry, this game could will many GOTY 2014 awards.

If of course this game is not delayed into 2015 like many others serious GOTY contenders.
True. And I'd totally replay FC3 if they ever release a 'remaster' of sorts on next gen.

Fun stuff still looks cool

from the GS videos it seems there is no destructability in the environments at all. Hope it turns out super fun cos I can't find any other good game to play this winter. There's Destiny, thats all!

^there's also Mordor:)

Yea, was thinking of getting Mordor and FC4 and skipping ACU as that seems messed up. Still not convinced on FC4 from what has been shown but I guess even if its FC3 remade, it will be fun. I hope they don't mess it up somehow as mountains seems to make areas disjointed in the open world. THe best part of FC3 was how every activity just flowed into each other.

As for Mordor, something really makes me stop everytime I sit down to order it.....something's not right about it and nags me in my head saying I will be very bored with it. Maybe its th ebarren looking world, the flat ground, basicaly the lacking art stuff. Maybe I have become too spoilt by the AAA games, but then I am also the guy who loves unpolished indie stuff. Last night I enjoyed Dust Elyssian tales so much that I forgot to do my office work !
Guess trying it out is the only way, so will get it on Disc and sell it off if I dislike it. From the impressions on B3D, I should love it, especially the emergent stuff of the nemesis system. Thats the kindof stuff that can simply hook me till I rule it all :) !

Read somewhere the game will be 1080p30fps for the ps4: Phew! THank god, I was afraid this would also go the 900p route.
Appaerntly the devs are going to take a panel on "Stealth in FC4" in AUstralia somewhere soon. Hope we get to see more, I haven't seen enough to put in my pre order yet. The qoute by the CD that all content in FC4 can be finished in 35 hours.....don't know what to think about that, FC3 lasted much longer to me.

Read somewhere the game will be 1080p30fps for the ps4: Phew! THank god, I was afraid this would also go the 900p route.
Appaerntly the devs are going to take a panel on "Stealth in FC4" in AUstralia somewhere soon. Hope we get to see more, I haven't seen enough to put in my pre order yet. The qoute by the CD that all content in FC4 can be finished in 35 hours.....don't know what to think about that, FC3 lasted much longer to me.

We don't know what that really means. I spent days hunting in FC3 outside of the missions so he might not count that in his 35h count. If the missions alone are 35h without counting all the things you might stop to do on the way, that will be amazing.

We don't know what that really means. I spent days hunting in FC3 outside of the missions so he might not count that in his 35h count. If the missions alone are 35h without counting all the things you might stop to do on the way, that will be amazing.
No. He said every activity...that's why I don 't get it. Maybe he isn't counting capturing posts and hunting though. He did say that the world I'd almost the same size(smaller) but has more to do.

Also, they have some kind of new hunting system where the loot depends on how you killed the animal, shotgun or sniper headhsot, it makes a difference. Something on those lines.
I just hope the mountains don't break up the continuity of the world too much.

Difficult to quantify. This is the game I'm looking forward the most and I have an unusual and overwhelming feeling that I won't be disappointed. FC3 was a revelation. More of the same and I'm very happy.

Back