Famitsu: XBOX 360 global domination through 2007

Not to flame but why should sony or nintendo respect the eurpean gamer. History tells sony they can do what they want and be the top selling console in europe. Maybe if gamers would stand up and by the alternative sony and nintendo would take notice and action. I bet if the 360 sold like hot cakes in europe there would of been a small amount allocated this year to a european launch. I blame the gamers for blindly supporting a company that spits in thier faces.

I disagree. While gamers 'should' do this.. it most certainly is NOT their fault.

I disagree. While gamers 'should' do this.. it most certainly is NOT their fault.

How is it not? If you do not buy crap then crap will go away. If people were picky about things then it'd improve. Of course, people dont mind being shafted by the looks of things. Its 100% the consumers fault.

I disagree.Of course the U.S. is at this time more important because the 360 is doing much better there than anywhere else. But we seem to forget that even March would be an improvement over previous releases. ;) And Nintendo does in fact release in Europe this year, and if Sony hadn't had shortages they'd have released this year also. That they in the end chose to delay Europe and not any of the other regions is, in fact, partly our fault. The U.S. and Japan have the same power girds, and the E.U. still has a lot of related laws that diverge per country, so if you have to delay something, then delaying the E.U. makes sense. Also, if they'd have split that 500.000 in three, they'd be in the situation where each run had to be paused while it is set-up a new for the 220 volt components, and finally I think they'd probably have had to make a choice between the U.S. and Japan too if the time and effort required to ship the consoles to Japan had been the same as the U.S. or the E.U. Nevertheless, I think that it is clear now that the norm has become world-wide releases, and we'll probably see this become default practice in the future.

Don't tell me it sucks - I'd have loved to get my hands on a PS3 now, even if I can't afford a HDtv right now yet. ;) But I can wait - we here in Europe only just now got Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, so you can see that we're behind on a number of things in that respect. The upside of that is, though, that we very frequently get the best versions also.

The upside of that is, though, that we very frequently get the best versions also.

Yep sometimes that has happened, but more times the exact opposite, not due to time, but other things. Pal-conversions have been very very bad much too often.... FFX is slow and has borders Tekken conversions were unplayable before 60hz support came in. in essence many PS2 games have the progressive scan support cut out. Xbox1 european version had it cut out completely etc. Thank god atleast those problems are now a thing in the past.

Not to flame but why should sony or nintendo respect the eurpean gamer. History tells sony they can do what they want and be the top selling console in europe. Maybe if gamers would stand up and by the alternative sony and nintendo would take notice and action. I bet if the 360 sold like hot cakes in europe there would of been a small amount allocated this year to a european launch. I blame the gamers for blindly supporting a company that spits in thier faces.
Not only is this a very weird logic but it doesn't apply to Nintendo.There has never been a succesfull nintendo console in Europe.Not the nes,not the snes(which is the console that came the closest to be succesfull),not the n64 and certainly not the Gc.Heck, if you factor in Australia ,i'd say that there's never been a succesfull nintendo console in Pal land.So what's their excuse again???

Anyway since we don't get numbers from Europe(only "anecdotal" evidence from fan boys) there can't be a serious argumenet at this point,so early,for the upcoming gen of consoles.

Yep sometimes that has happened, but more times the exact opposite, not due to time, but other things. Pal-conversions have been very very bad much too often.... FFX is slow and has borders Tekken conversions were unplayable before 60hz support came in. in essence many PS2 games have the progressive scan support cut out. Xbox1 european version had it cut out completely etc. Thank god atleast those problems are now a thing in the past.

Yes, that is true - in the early days, PAL support was often abysmal. Though I have to say, right now I'm not convinced of the 360's PAL support being all that hot either - at least from what I've seen so far.

But sometimes it's for the better - like GT4 which also has the progressive scan mode ditched, but which does in fact always run smoothly, no synch issues in menus, no slowdowns at the start of a race or in 6 player LAN mode (well except in one or two locations, very briefly, like just before start finish on Sears), and it has much better load-times as well.

And I have to say, unplayable is a big word. ;) But I do see advantages of 60hz mode for Tekken.

But on the PS2 things were tonnes better already than on the PS1!

I agree after the launch games(God,the pal RRV was awful) things were hugely improved for the pal ps2(minus the FFx fiasco of course).

Honestly this delay seems like a blessing to me,as long as the ps3 comes out BEFORE summer of 2007(cause anything later than that would be ridiculous).From my perspective,allready owning an xbox360 and being really weak when it comes to impulse buys,i know that i wouldn't be able to resist and would have bought a ps3 at launch,effectively to play only resistance and watch 1-2 blue ray movies.This 'delay' gives me time to enjoy my xbox 360 this year and then then at the spring buy a ps3 and being able,hopefully,to play games like motorstorm,heavenly sword and (wishfull thinking??) VF5.The hardware will also be much more mature at that time and i expect way less problematic units than the ammount that would have appeared had the ps3 launched in November(in Europe).

Of course for the people that dont own or don't intend to buy an xbox360,i understand how this delay might have upset them.

And I have to say, unplayable is a big word. ;) But I do see advantages of 60hz mode for Tekken.

True, but once I bought Tekken 3 US-version, played it to death, then visited my friends house and saw the pal-version... Words can't descripe it:) it was bad. of course hadn't I ever seen the REAL version I would have played the Pal-version happily.

What you mean about the X360 pal conversions? are you talking about the SD 50hz stuff...
We don't care about that anymore :devilish: :D

True, but once I bought Tekken 3 US-version, played it to death, then visited my friends house and saw the pal-version... Words can't descripe it:) it was bad. of course hadn't I ever seen the REAL version I would have played the Pal-version happily.

What you mean about the X360 pal conversions? are you talking about the SD 50hz stuff...
When ever Sony have spoken about HD, they always reference the PAL standard like it's going to be different from the US and Japan ones.

They always say 720p50 for PAL..... I do so hope they don't make all devs use that standard seeing as every single HDTV in the world (as far as I know) can display 720p60 with ease.

Tell that to the shops here! Still no 360 kiosks yet and I cringe in pain each of those rare times you actually get to see a running 360 demo, it's hooked up to a tiny CRT SDtv ... :???: I should take my camera and walk into town, go to every shop that actually holds a 360 and take a picture ... People here will start crying. That the 360 sells here in the Netherlands at all is largely due to that broadband is so widespread. ;)

Not only is this a very weird logic but it doesn't apply to Nintendo.There has never been a succesfull nintendo console in Europe.Not the nes,not the snes(which is the console that came the closest to be succesfull),not the n64 and certainly not the Gc.Heck, if you factor in Australia ,i'd say that there's never been a succesfull nintendo console in Pal land.So what's their excuse again???

Anyway since we don't get numbers from Europe(only "anecdotal" evidence from fan boys) there can't be a serious argumenet at this point,so early,for the upcoming gen of consoles.

How can you say that there has never been a succesfull nintendo console in Europe when we don't get numbers from Europe? :smile:
The snes was very popular here in Belgium. And I remember N64 selling very well in Germany.

How can you say that there has never been a succesfull nintendo console in Europe when we don't get numbers from Europe? :smile:
The snes was very popular here in Belgium. And I remember N64 selling very well in Germany.
Eeeeh,what i mean is that we don't get monthly detailed sales.There are sales numbers from time to time esp.after a console has been out for 2 years.Edge magazine has been posting numbers from time to time,it used to at least and you can see sales numbers when the companies release their annual reports.

The nes was non-existant,the Snes lost badly to the megadrive,the N64 was a flop in Europe(yes flop,the n64 had like 70% of its sales in the U.S) and the Gc was a distant 3rd.Nintendo has never been popular in Europe,even the gameboy wasn't as big in Europe as it was in the other regions.

Anyway if you want to believe that Nintendo consoles have been doing great in Europe then be my guest.....

Back