Eye Of Judgement

I've been out of touch with this game for half a year or so and just getting back to play it again. After playing online against a few people who have (a lot of) set 2 cards, it seems to me set 2 has superior cards overall.

Do you think set 1 only deck is competitive against set 2 cards?

I just finished the in game tutorial and might play my first game tonight. I bought this game the week of release, how pathetic huh?

Anyone, anyone have pointers or links to useful info? My buddy has a ton of series 1 cards, he will give me some.

Got an email about 3rd update.

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT?: SET.3 expansion pack arrives this October on PLAYSTATION®Network

New 100-card expansion pack brings new creatures, powers and gameplay

o New cards give players amazing new creatures, abilities and attack options
o New features make the game deeper and more accessible ? get involved now!
o Download it from PLAYSTATION®Network this October and get the cards in stores

As well as a menagerie of new creatures with their own tribes, attributes and backgrounds, Biolith Rebellion SET.3 brings a wealth of other content, including Trophy Support and a set of new abilities that encourage more tactical playing based on creature formation and the player?s battle plan. In addition to this, SET.3 adds bonus material to give fans background information about THE EYE OF JUDGMENT? along with many more game-enriching features.

I never got around to get into expansion 2 and now we got number 3 :D

Hmm, nice! If I amange to get my second PS3 (Sony just needs to go to 299, and I think I'm in ;) ), I think I'll play this game more than I do now (when I can set it up in the study).

o New features make the game deeper and more accessible ? get involved now!
How can it be deeper and more accessible?! The original EOJ was deep enough to be hard to get. Any more depth and the average player will drown long before they ever get to grips with it all!

Has anyone made a rigid board from cardboard or wood? I assume you just need the same dimensions for the grid, correct? The cloth grid is a pain to use, it wrinkles too easy and slides around.

Has anyone made a rigid board from cardboard or wood? I assume you just need the same dimensions for the grid, correct? The cloth grid is a pain to use, it wrinkles too easy and slides around.
You don't even need the cloth! I made a board out of card, just lightly ruling the spaces, but found the camera positioning was all kinds of whack and gave up on it. Setting the camera up so the grid matched perfectly the screen, then drawing around the base, you'd think it'd line up nicely, but the persective seems wrong and the board doesn't line up properly.

Anyway, the camera doesn't see the markings, only the relative positions. If you look at where the card is on the screen, you can play direct on a table top, or a bit of card, or a piece of heavy felt.

Based on our conjecture, EoJ update seems to validate its 1400+ file data (card related ?) online during update.

Oh and if you like EoJ, you should give Valkyria Chronicles a good look. :)

Hey, Patsu! Please contain your enthusiasm for VC to relevant threads, thanks!

EOJ realy needs a multiplayer mode to get any interest from me. I want 3 and 4 player battles somehow.

Hey, Patsu! Please contain your enthusiasm for VC to relevant threads, thanks!

EOJ realy needs a multiplayer mode to get any interest from me. I want 3 and 4 player battles somehow.

:LOL: Couldn't resist recommending a great game to fellow gamers.

How the hell do you play EoJ with 3-4P ?

There's a PSP version coming in Q1 2010, that doesn't actually need a camera or physical cards, but does support local, ad-hoc and online multiplayer. Instead it allows you to buy cards online. Not a bad idea, I must say.

For more info and screenshots, see gaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371917

Yeah, I thought it was a camera game yesterday :oops:
If it manages to retain the AI of the first game, I might keep it on my PSP.

RIP EOJ
Online is being stopped. Which is preposterous; should be peer to peer with only two players. I wonder how Carl feels about his card investments now? Has it been worth it, or are you annoyed that for no good reason you can't play people online?

RIP EOJ
Online is being stopped. Which is preposterous; should be peer to peer with only two players. I wonder how Carl feels about his card investments now? Has it been worth it, or are you annoyed that for no good reason you can't play people online?

I think it's understandable, but I was also surprised it wasn't peer-to-peer in the first place. Apparently there was some service for getting players of similar rank together or something like that. Maybe it also explains why the voice-chat between me and Carl was so awesome in this game, it was as if we were in the same livingroom.

Still, it must have been a weird decision to do this just as the PS Eye is about to enter a whole lot more homes than it has done so far. Perhaps they have something they expect to take its place in the market (perhaps even they have considered that any game that uses the Move is going to be better than this?

Certainly I personally thought that placing the mat and moving the camera to its separate stand, and its vulnerability to multiple light-sources (one light was ok, but if you have two, even the TV, that complicated recognition of cards, it was tough to keep the mat flat, etc.)

I still really liked it though.

RIP EOJ

Thoroughly disappointing. Just as I was starting to get back into it, as well. I wonder if this affects US servers?

Still, it must have been a weird decision to do this just as the PS Eye is about to enter a whole lot more homes than it has done so far. Perhaps they have something they expect to take its place in the market (perhaps even they have considered that any game that uses the Move is going to be better than this?

What the heck is the EoJ team even working on, at this point? Anyone know? :???: Did they handle the recent PSP release or was that outsourced?

Well here's an unexpected thread bump! And alas, with bad news...

Yeah the voice chat was pretty awesome, no doubt about that - it was more fluid than the card recognition itself! :)

As for my card investment, I don't know, I have a feeling I'm sitting on quite the collectors item at the end of the day. I've got the entire set, inclusive of the Dioskuri promo, three Mandragora Triplets, and a couple other random goodies. It may in fact go down to zero value one day, but there's something to be said for it I think! I'll have to check out the PSP version... been meaning to anyway.

I ditched the mat not long after starting. the game doesn't need it, only using card positions. At first I had a cardboard 'mat' with the swaures marked on, and then I just went to using the table. However, setup hassles and the inability to play more than 2 players but a quick end to what was a very good collector-card game.

Argh, take one in the chest. Yeah EoJ is awesome. Add it to PSN+ to support the server and I would have subscribed day one -- without hesitation or blinking.

Back