Err... Audigy 4?!

PCI...?
Wasn't Creative said to be the one bitching about the lack of PCI-E x4? And just where is EAX5?
Meh.

digitalwanderer said:
What happened to the Audigy3, or did I miss that? :|
If the specs go down, use higher product numbering. Standard procedure, really.
(Anyone remember 9550 - or, heaven forbid, MX4000?)

From the specs list:
32-bit digital processing, which maintains a theoretical 192 dB of dynamic range
Maybe Creative decided, after upwards of eight years, to finally upgrade the ET10k DSP to 32-bit, but I wouldn't hold that for certain, or even probable... It's probably the same 16-bit chip as before. Seems they're going to whore out as many variations of their Audigy cards as they did with the Live series. :LOL:

Yup. Same old, different package and a few extra features of the chip enabled without any significant difference to the predecessor.

BRiT said:
jvd said:
hehe i love being right .

About what, the fact that Creative sucks donkeys?

in the nvidia cc thread I talked about sound storm having competion as creative was launching a new card.

This is not the new card though. The new card is based off new tech.

Perhaps it will be early next year

Still not encoding capable. Creative's been selling the same rebranded POS DSP hardware over and over for the last couple years. Aureal and NVidia were the last two companies to do any real innovation. I'm simply amazed how the Creative monopoly is still in business. Still not much improvement on the same old EAX DSP effects. Which pretty much means game developers who want cutting edge sound end up doing sound processing on the CPU. Lame.

DemoCoder said:
Still not encoding capable. Creative's been selling the same rebranded POS DSP hardware over and over for the last couple years. Aureal and NVidia were the last two companies to do any real innovation. I'm simply amazed how the Creative monopoly is still in business. Still not much improvement on the same old EAX DSP effects. Which pretty much means game developers who want cutting edge sound end up doing sound processing on the CPU. Lame.

Uhmmm... errrr.... khhmmmmm... I fully agree with DemoCoder...

*... wasn't easy to say this...*
PS: I kept saying the same since years. Creative is a really sux company, in terms of audio. Mediocre or worst quality, average product features, loud marketing.

DemoCoder said:
Creative's been selling the same rebranded POS DSP hardware over and over for the last couple years...

And the hardware is arguably not the worst part of the package, lol. You only have to install the KX Project drivers to realise just how much they're strangling their own products.

Is DS3D working in the KX drivers now? I've stayed away from them because they said it wasn't implemented (fully at least) last time I checked their site... Also, according to many, the stability at least used to leave a lot to be desired, people tended to end up with non-working OS installs. Also made me a bit wary I have to say. :)

I'm not sure - they're installed on my dad's machine with an A2, but the only extended functionality he uses is ASIO.

Guden Oden said:
people tended to end up with non-working OS installs.
That happened to me when I tried out the kx drivers last year or the year before. I'm not sure if I should blame the drivers, though. I tried to get rid of them by using windows system restore feature... it didn't work out. Eventually I did a complete OS reinstall.

Even so, I could tell the drivers are better then Creatives in some respects. But since I'm not a gamer and not a musician, they're useless for me. :(

Back