Eidos dropping the ball?

Well if you ask me, I think TS2 did so well on GC because of the droves of GoldenEye-Nostalgia-Freaks out there... but that's just me :)

From my observation, Nintendo-centric sites were hyping it much more than PS2/Xbox sites.

Makes sense too. If for whatever reason Bungie released a multiplatform FPS (not Halo), you can bet the farm that it'd sell very well on Xbox.

Goldni said:
No Marc it's gonna be a port to GCN..that's what I said. And yes it's bad sales imo when I see it for $19.00 in the bargain bins (which is what alot of that 160,000 came from) just after it's release. Look at Mark Of Kri. It's $14.99 already. huurgh I digress.

I don´t see what your problem is, unless you only consider a success games that sell in the multimillion range. I also very much doubt the game dropped immediately to $20, if you have proof I´d like to see it.

C:SS is not MGS2, I doubt Konami would invest much into this title, and considering that plenty of games make a profit at 70k or so units, I honestly cannot see Konami hugely pissed off at Sony. When all is said and done, I predict C:SS will sell close to 300k units worldwide, which is not bad at all especially for this kind of old school, hardcore game.

marconelly! said:
Well I guess you predicted wrong. Ending december, it has sold 169,140. Is that crap for a game with such a niche execution and almost no advertising? Just for a comparision, some of the much advertised games have sold less or slightly more than that on the GC (MK:DA, 007: Nightfire, SMB2)

Btw, the game was made for PS2 - it was not a port of any kind

Actually I saw a lot of Contra ads. Maybe it was just me (I watch a good bit of G4)?

That's still not bad sales for what is basically a carbon copy of the old games with the addition of some mediocre 3d graphics :p

Well Konami must have not have been too enmored with the Contra PS2 sales. I mean for what other reason are they porting it to the GCN? It would have had some success on the GCn wherer there is alot of old school gamers.

I'm not bashing the game. It's I'd say no if I were Nintendo. Games like these 6 month-1 year old ports are selling maybe 6,000-18,000 units in total. For what good do they serve? Blood Omen, Hunter, Contra (when it comes out). Then the dumbassed company will say "see our GCN sales are shit. PS2 is the best thing since sliced bread". I mean have some brains company heads. If anything a large portion of the GCN audience is largely informed gamers. They aint gonna go out in droves to buy an old PS2looking game. If you are gonna put that stuff out put it out at least within the same week. TS2 came out 6 days after the PS2 and XB versions. And it's done well. Eidos is as stupid as it's name.

Well Konami must have not have been too enmored with the Contra PS2 sales. I mean for what other reason are they porting it to the GCN? It would have had some success on the GCn wherer there is alot of old school gamers

Perhaps because they want to make more money? Did Konami port MGS2:S to Xbox because they were disappointed with PS2 sales?

JF_Aidan_Pryde:
OT: I can never understand this but - WTF is so good about sliced bread?! It's got to be one of the blandest tasting things in the world.
The expression refers to the bread being sliced instead of coming in just a solid loaf. Among other things like toast, sliced bread leads to the whole innovation of the sandwhich (hamburgers, clubs, etc.)

Sliced bread as can be bought today is just terrible compared to nice non sliced breads breads :)

Well Konami must have not have been too enmored with the Contra PS2 sales. I mean for what other reason are they porting it to the GCN?
Actaully, I have yet to see any proof they are porting it except for that fan site I've never heard of before :\

Back