Eidos dropping the ball?

With the PSX I specifically remrmber Sony's mandate regarding that. it was theri way to make sure the saturn (a system with strong 2D capabilities) couldn't compete.

Back then, when sega found out how fast the PSX was, they quickly changed plans and added the second processor (and it still wasn't as fast). the saturn development system wasn't nearly as easy to use as Sony's.

teasy,

Quincy, think your still a moderator do you? Sorry to tell you man but.. erm, your not

That's why I was asking and not just deleting your post... If you don't want to participate in the discussion in a meaningfull way, then why bother...

Qroach said:
PCEngine, Actually sony doesn't "really" make excuses. they tell you why they didn't like the game and what could improve your change of approval (not gaurenteed). All console manufacturers are like this. They all have the right to refusal on any title.

Well you're correct, but requesting the impossible could be considered an excuse too.

PC engine, that's true... I've got a game waiting to be approved this Tuesday. I'm hoping they don't ask for too much.

I don't remember you 'asking' me anything. I remember you practically ordering me to leave. Which is why I made the mod comment.

Also I was participating, in a perfectly calm way to. I was telling Captain that when I read your post, what he wrote did cross my mind. Not exactly what he wrote but the same basic idea. Its inevitable considering your reputation.

Well I did SAY you could removove yourself. How mich nicer do I have to ask when you're agreeing with someone that's simply being rude and disruptive? Anyway since, you and captain "think alike" I'm sure you knew what my reponse would be. Well, I've wasted enough time responding to posts like this.

Well I did SAY you could removove yoursel. How mich nicer do I have to ask when your agreeing with someone that's simply being rude and disruptive?

I didn't say anything about wanting you to be nicer. Just that you didn't ask me to do anything, you told me to. Hence my comment on you not being a mod anymore.

Anyway since, you and since you and captain "think alike" I'm sure you knew what my reponse would be.

Only if CaptainHowdy knew what your reponse would be of course :)

But seriously I think most people would think alike on this, even if it was just for a split second. Not think that your a troll, but when they read this sentence:

"Normally, I wouldn't believe this rumor since it's come from a website I've never heard of"

The words "but I'm anti GC so I'll believe it anyway" would immediately spring to mind. Its only natural.

You say you're participating in the discussion, when you are clearly not. i'm not going to respond to everything esle you wrote. it's a waste of time.

Well I'm certainly participating in a discussion, of sorts anyway.

Unless this is a dream of course. In which case I'll have to come here less if I've started dreaming about the place.

Qroach said:
Captainhowdy,

Normally I would not believe a rumor like this, but since its antigamecube, and Im an Xbox troll who is trying to pretend not
to be, while subtly trolling it every chance I get, why not..

Go away you troll. We're getting sick of your attitude. teasy, you can also excuse yourself from this thread if you are uncapable of controlling your emotions.

look in the mirror.
Get sick of my attitude all you want, I have only one attitude, the one that is sick of you trashing and trolling and acting like anyone who doesnt agree with you is a fool and a troll.

Here's how I see this whole GC losing support thing.

Right now the console is losing support because 3rd parties simply overestimated either
a) the market penetration that they thought the GC would have or
b) how 3rd party friendly the console would end up being.

Probably a combination of both. GC sold under expectations so obviously the smaller then expected userbase is harming sales of 3rd party games, and, GC owners are mostly fans of 1st and 2nd party games. Bottom line, none of this is good news for 3rd parties.

That being said, there is still a market for 3rd party games on the GC, it might just be smaller then everyone thought it would be. So now the GC might lose the support of a few 3rd parties here and there (hopefully not too many) but the userbase will continue to grow and the remaining 3rd parties will have less competition, hence they will do better and eventually things should stabilize.

What Nintendo should do is make an effort to promote 3rd party games as much as they can like that commercial "180 games" or something. That certainly helped. They should also go online in a more significant way. Maybe then people would take them a little more seriously. I also think they should redesign the GC and give it a cooler and more hi tech look like they did for the GBA-SP.

If they're not careful this losing 3rd party support thing might spiral down out of control and they might end up with the kind of situation they had with the N64. Which doesn't mean the end for them. Nintendo are good at always turning up a profit not matter how bleak the situation is. It's just not a preferable way to go about doing things.

"testers manufacturing bugs that don't exist".

Of all the complaints about Nintendo..this is the first of that kind I've ever come across. If anything NOA has been very relaxed with what's been on the Cube. Waaaaay moreso than N64! If I'd have been Nintendo I would have said no to some of these stupid ports that are 6 months to 1 year old..like Hunter The Reckoning and Blood Omen 2 or whatever the name is. But it seem they've allowed anything and anyone on the Cube. I presonally think this is made up BS.

As far as Eidos they are in big trouble. The owner (canthink of the founder's name) is an idiot. I've heard him make awfu statements about Nintendo in the past (N64 days). It seems like everything Eidos touches turns to poop. They were lucky Free Radical Design hooked up with them for 2 games. Of which I heard FRD is no longer with Eidos btw. They have'nt put ANYTHING out for Gamecube worth even renting except for TS2. And thier games on other systems have'nt lit any sales up either.

I think what we are hearing is alot of bitterness and jeolousy. And please stop it with the "3rd parties are leaving GCN in droves" talk. The only 'confirmed' (loosly referred) 3rd parties 'leaving' (see previous parenthesis) were EA "being more selective with what sports games they put out for GCN in the future". And Sega dropping the 2k lineup..which has sold for shit on every system and the least on GCN. Gee.wonder why? Hmmm..Mario Sunshine or NFL2k...hmmm..which whould Joe GCN Owner buy? There are alot of companies that have are not happy with sales on PS2 and XB as well as Cube. It seems the market is growing but it's growing into predictabe sales charts ie Tony Hawk 7, GTA 8, GT 5, FF 22. Alot of 3rd parties games are being lost on the store shelves (and believe me this is a MAJOR problem with PS2) because of so many games and not nuf room for them.

I'm confident in the industry's future but I'm fearful that we could see a big backslide as far as software sales. Yet hardware is doing fine. Strange.

Here's some info that is related to this discussion.
http://www.ningc.com/news.php?article=2026

I predicted Contra SS would sale like crap on the CasualStation 2. Now instead of more joyous Disney sports games on the GCN Konami ports a 6 month old PS2 port. If it'd had been released at the same time it would have done pretty well on the Cube but now it's too late for Konami. Is there anyone out there in the game business that know what the hell they are doing? I'm beginning to wonder. Sooo many stupid assanine decisions from 3rd parties.

It's a small time site but they have gotten some news right. Like the SC2 controller from Namco. I dont care if the Contra news is true or false. Companies who make freaking dumbass decisions deserve what they get. Just ask Sega amongst many others.

Huh *scratches head* just looked at the Dec TRST chart. Timesplitters 2 sold in total for 2002:

PS2= 159,576

XB= 132,835

GCN= 95,273

Now what the fu#k is supposed to be Eidos problem with the Gamecube?

The PS2 and it's glorious huuuuge fanbase along with Xbox and it's FPS audience only outsold Gamecube and it's kiddie audience by just that little amount! Someone do the math but that is very respectable numbers for TS2 on GCN compared to the userbase gaps. And I remind you that TS2 was released the same day as Super Mario Sunshine.

I predicted Contra SS would sale like crap on the CasualStation 2. Now instead of more joyous Disney sports games on the GCN Konami ports a 6 month old PS2 port.

Well I guess you predicted wrong. Ending december, it has sold 169,140. Is that crap for a game with such a niche execution and almost no advertising? Just for a comparision, some of the much advertised games have sold less or slightly more than that on the GC (MK:DA, 007: Nightfire, SMB2)

Btw, the game was made for PS2 - it was not a port of any kind

No Marc it's gonna be a port to GCN..that's what I said. And yes it's bad sales imo when I see it for $19.00 in the bargain bins (which is what alot of that 160,000 came from) just after it's release. Look at Mark Of Kri. It's $14.99 already. huurgh I digress.

Well, those were just USA sales, and I don't think the price drop to $20 was immediately after the release.

Besides that, how much could have a development of such a game cost in the first place?

It will be interesting to see if it really gets ported to GC. Konami is not giving gamecube a lot of love, whatever the reason.

Back