EA Access, Xbox One - $5/mo, $30/yr

If its a hit then expect shortly

Ubisoft access
take two access
Activision access
indy access
sega access
etc

Do you really want to go down that path?
Hety based off talk we are now looking at

(drum roll maestro)

(tada)
Ubisoft access

OK what are ppl betting for the 3rd taker, I would say activision but since I originally wrote take two I suppose I have to go with that

btw just read the EA 'early' access is limited to 6 hours, goddamn it, oh well more choice = good for consumer

If its a hit then expect shortly

Ubisoft access
take two access
Activision access
indy access
sega access
etc

Do you really want to go down that path?

Well, I sympathize with your objection on the surface, but to be pedantic, it's not like one single thing changes about the current dynamic with EA access.

You could buy EA games as normal and pretend like access never existed and it wouldn't affect you a bit.

Except I think there's no Madden demo this year and people have blamed that on Access, at least last I followed the story. But demos are a minor thing and kind of died with the new generation anyway. There's few of them on Xbox store for One.

It might be kind of annoying, but I guess you could pick your favorite publisher(s) in that scenario. If you like Activision games more, buy (hypothetical future) "Activision Access". Of course there could be problems, what if you're really into one EA franchise and one Acti franchise, or whatever it is. But I guess that's individual decision, and even subbing to two $30 services wouldn't break the bank. It's the equivalent of one full priced game per year, and might easily be worth it to some.

ou could buy EA games as normal and pretend like access never existed and it wouldn't affect you a bit.
apart from

ta de da

it does
I rarely use creditcard, so surely this wont affect what I pay elsewhere (OK you know it does, years ago you could pretend it didnt but its accpeted now it does)

ok rangers youre saying 'ok I agree with the creditcard but hmm how does that relate to ea access'

my answer is, EA is a company trying to get as much cash as possible,
by changing a key ingredient how can it not effect anything else?
i.e. how can 'ea abscese' have zero effect elsewhere, to believe otherwise is against measured science
to believe otherwise is to believe in pixie dust, which you dont believe in do you rangers ;)

I have no idea what you're talking about. :???: If you don't subscribe to EA's service, how are you worse off?

I think what he's trying to say is this.

He doesn't use a credit card, but because companies that allow CC purchases have to pay for that service it increases the overall price of the product (to a small extent) so that he is in fact affected.

So EA introducing "EA Access" won't directly affect him because he won't use it, but indirectly it will, because EA will piss around with the pricing of their games outside of their service to either subsidise or make EA Access look more attractive.

Or something like that. To be honest, I think he's just being a dick.

Well no Madden demo this year, which may be an attempt to push people to subscribe.

One of the things that has sucked this gen is the lack of game demos. Last gen had a lot more. I guess that's what happens when the size of the demos increase so much. I know EA has done a few.

They're doing a demo for NHL15. Maybe that's because they feel the need to try to push the game, where Madden is pretty much guaranteed sales.

If they cared about the size of downloads, they wouldn't be pushing a scheme to download the full game with a 6-hour play limit.

If they cared about the size of downloads, they wouldn't be pushing a scheme to download the full game with a 6-hour play limit.

I'm not talking about just EA, but companies in general. No one seems to be doing demos. I don't know what the reason is. I guess they figure people are not likely to download 15 GB to play a short piece of a game. Maybe EA feels differently, because they've done some demos. Madden they probably think doesn't need a demo, and people will just buy it. EA Access provides early access for the most hardcore people.

I think what he's trying to say is this.

He doesn't use a credit card, but because companies that allow CC purchases have to pay for that service it increases the overall price of the product (to a small extent) so that he is in fact affected.

So EA introducing "EA Access" won't directly affect him because he won't use it, but indirectly it will, because EA will piss around with the pricing of their games outside of their service to either subsidise or make EA Access look more attractive.
yeah sorry I do have difficulties explaining things but this is estentually correct

Or something like that. To be honest, I think he's just being a dick.
theres that too :LOL:

I'm not talking about just EA, but companies in general. No one seems to be doing demos. I don't know what the reason is. I guess they figure people are not likely to download 15 GB to play a short piece of a game. Maybe EA feels differently, because they've done some demos. Madden they probably think doesn't need a demo, and people will just buy it. EA Access provides early access for the most hardcore people.
Demos is to much of a risk - I once saw a presentation from a game developer Jesse Schell who investigated the impact of demos on sales...demos are typically no good. Most prominent example imo: Killzone 2...after the demo, major negative uproar. Edit: you can read it here for instance: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/game-demos-can-hurt-sales-suggests-research/1100-6410863/

Edit2: and here the link to the interesting talk:

http://youtu.be/us6OPbYtKBM

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably inevitable. There's a handful of publishers that have become so large that they can strong arm the console owners now, just like EA strong armed Microsoft many years ago back on the original Xbox. EA took the first step so I figure Ubisoft and Activision eventually will make their move as well.
It's even more likely to happen now because EA have said that the new service surpassed their initial expectations and it is a success.

I had most of the games offered for free before but I am actually thinking about subscribing when Dragon Age: Inquisition comes out.

http://microsoft-news.com/ea-access-game-subscription-service-on-xbox-one-is-growing-well-beyond-early-expectations/

EA have said that the new service surpassed their initial expectations and it is a success.
Means nothing, without hard data, just corporate speak. Its very rare for a company to admit something tanked. We've all heard someone in gaming PR declare 'doing well' 'a huge success' 'surpassed our widest dreams' etc even though everyone knows is bombed with the actual numbers

I had most of the games offered for free before but I am actually thinking about subscribing when Dragon Age: Inquisition comes out.

Same here. There are enough games in the vault for me to find value from it now, and the early access/discount for Dragon Age will be icing on a tasty cake for me. A cake that gets tastier every time a game is added to the vault.

And now I've gone and made myself hungry for cake. :cry:

I've liked the value of this service a lot but never had a reason to sub until now...Titanfall 2 just entered the vault.

I've had my eye on that game to just wax the campaign for a long time, but I never wanted to spend $20-$30 to buy it, and redbox rentals are too short a time for me (conversely, can get expensive quickly if you keep it a few extra days).

So I subbed to EA Access just for TF2 campaign now, essentially used this way it's it's a 30 day rental for 4.99, which is fantastic.

Unfortunately there isn't any "stream while you download" or anything. I have to download 66GB the full game to play (well you can play the tutorial over and over after like 30GB, big whoop.jpeg).

I'm actually capped at 250GB/month by my ISP. Normally I dont threaten this, even with tons of Destiny/Twitch viewing/youtube etc etc. But full game downloads can really eat it fast. Well, not a hard cap, but after 2 violations (I have 1, which is because of a month where I uninstall/reninstall Destiny once or twice at 70GB a pop) I think they're gonna charge me, probably 10 bucks or something, no big. I get 50 mbps down. They offer 100 down/350 cap for +$10 per month (paying $57 now), 200 down/unlimited for +$20, etc etc. But the caps do seem pretty low at the bottom there.

I think Battlefield 1 is hitting the vault soon too. I guess they're thinking if they give the base game away, people will buy the dlc. Titanfall 2 is the best offer because all of the dlc is free.

I've no reason to buy EA titles after this. Their vault is amazing value. I paid $80 for the BF and TF2 bundle. I thought I was getting a great deal. I was wrong. Lol. Dead wrong. This year after they add MEA, EA Access will be the best deal in town

Back