DX9 and .NET Question

Forgive me for asking this question here, but I figured this was probably the most likely place to get a definitive answer on this, one way or another...

I was wondering if anybody doing any DX9 development (or was part of DX9 Beta development) could shed any fact/fiction light on the following question.

I've been working on a C# application for the last couple of months, and I've noticed that doing a lot of GDI-related tasks is significantly slower than, say, doing similar coding in MFC.

I came across a couple of hits on Deja a few weeks ago that suggested that .NET was waiting on DX9 release before it would tap acceleration in such areas. This seemed possible, but almost difficult to believe...

So...Does anybody have any clue as to whether or not this is, indeed, true or not?

Part of me says that it could be true, based on the fact that there's no native way (as I understand it) to access D3D in C# without going through managed code and the like.

Anyhow, I thought anybody that was part of the DX9 Beta might have heard anything relating to .NET/C#/etc., as it related to this issue.

Back