Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TB reeeaaaaaaaally likes the campaign after few hours of playing [also this is a great look at the PC version of the game, although it is early in the game and difficulty is set on normal so action is not crazy intense]:

Directfeed PC gameplay [TitanX + Vulkan]. It shows more than it was in that 200fps demo.
I'm trying to think of what sort of things Doom might be dooming that Vulkan would be necessary to hit that framerate (or why it would matter).

I'm trying to think of what sort of things Doom might be dooming that Vulkan would be necessary to hit that framerate (or why it would matter).

I think Nvidia was probably just showing off their vulcan performance to show people that drivers are ready.

Well Vulkan will most certainly boost performance for users who have older CPUs who have weaker singlecore performance [if the game is multithreaded well, which I'm sure it is].

Really begs the question why Bethesda did not send out review copies. Great game and great job on the different versions as well apparently.

Well Vulkan will most certainly boost performance for users who have older CPUs who have weaker singlecore performance [if the game is multithreaded well, which I'm sure it is].
GL is somewhat already light on overhead, at least compared to DX. Has anyone done comparisons between the base renderer and Vulkan?

Plasma rifle sounds terrible. Why is it so difficult to just improving the original sound? Doom 3's is only marginally better than the one now.

Steam quality of service has absolutely gone down these last couple years; meh.
Maybe they should try a torrent type of system like Blizzard?

I really like this game. I like the weapons, the combat, the puzzle solving (i.e. How to get to this place to find the upgrade), the upgrading system.

Graphics are ok, game runs well. Story is ok.

I wonder how long the SP campaign is???

I really like this game. I like the weapons, the combat, the puzzle solving (i.e. How to get to this place to find the upgrade), the upgrading system.

Graphics are ok, game runs well. Story is ok.

I wonder how long the SP campaign is???

I think someone said 8 hours

Had some severe performance issues at the pipeline...hefty stuttering.

Then again later and the game even crashed.

Quitting for today.

Had some severe performance issues at the pipeline...hefty stuttering.

Then again later and the game even crashed.

Quitting for today.

It crashed on your console?

Maybe you meant to post in the PC Doom thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back