Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtual textures and textures recycling is not mutually exclusive.
The benefit in that case would be in the amount of memory dedicated to textures, so either use the freed space for something else, or reduce the memory requirements...

I would love a 1080/30 campaign mode tho just so I can get all my missing character model shadows back and god knows what else that got butchered from going 60. Still, good to hear it's 1080p at least and what's shown so far looks good.

“Our goal is to be the best-looking game at 1080p at 60fps.”

I like

Do they want to make the best looking game in general without compromising 1080p 60 fps? Or do they just wanna make the best looking 1080p60 game there is? If it's the latter, it really shouldn't be that big a hurdle. After all there's barely any games runinng at those specifications on consoles to begin with. There's Cod and Halo 5 in the same genre and that's basically it, right?

Do they want to make the best looking game in general without compromising 1080p 60 fps? Or do they just wanna make the best looking 1080p60 game there is? If it's the latter, it really shouldn't be that big a hurdle. After all there's barely any games runinng at those specifications on consoles to begin with. There's Cod and Halo 5 in the same genre and that's basically it, right?
Wolfenstein ?

Not much I can think of. Scope is going to play a factor as well.

MGS V and Wolfenstine games is the other ones I can think of.

“We want players to wonder how DOOM and idTech 6 games can be so visually stunning at 60 frames-per-second at 1080p on all platforms, when other titles cannot even achieve a similar look at 30 frames-per-second,”

I like when games make me do that. :)

I read the news and the fact that Doom runs at 60 fps on consoles is such a bombshell everywhere and a big deal, more than 2 years after the beginning of this console generation, is sad, and decadent.

I read the news and the fact that Doom runs at 60 fps on consoles is such a bombshell everywhere and a big deal, more than 2 years after the beginning of this console generation, is sad, and decadent.

Targetting 60fps. If it keeps a solid 60fps, we wont know until release. Remember, there were many other games targetting 60fps but only hit the mid 40s or had to settle back down to 30fps.

Vote on Doom's alternate box art. What do you prefer? A or B?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-03-vote-on-dooms-alternate-box-art

Option A

jpg

Option B

jpg

It's a tough one but I'd have to go with the classic. So second option. I really hope they go all out on the PC version, it'll be a real shame to have a technically mediocre Doom game on PC, especially when it looks like so much fun!

They both fit incredibly well. First one has that rugged grindhouse-cum-black-metal aesthetic. Second one is pure 80s cheesecake. Love 'em both. Would probably go with B, though.

Why the heck aren't these the default cover arts for fuck's sake? Are they really that afraid the game isn't going to sell without having a box resembling a generic Gameloft cover?

They both fit incredibly well. First one has that rugged grindhouse-cum-black-metal aesthetic. Second one is pure 80s cheesecake. Love 'em both. Would probably go with B, though.

Why the heck aren't these the default cover arts for fuck's sake? Are they really that afraid the game isn't going to sell without having a box resembling a generic Gameloft cover?

Couldn't agree more, I just hope the Steam tile reflects one of these alternates rather than the crappy main box art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back