Display tech discussion thread

There are some 27" 2560x1440 IPS monitors coming out of Korea that are 120hz capable.

As for other Interesting display techs, OLED seems like it is right around the corner for HDTV's. I would hope that will also mean that we see PC monitors as soon as well.

OLED HDTVs will be monstrously more expensive than LCD panels when they arrive, and will be incredibly niche because of it for YEARS.

I'm also still very very cautious about OLED because of subpixel wear. Unless I get confirmation that they've solved that problem and that subpixels basically don't wear at all I'm never going to buy such a TV or computer display. Voluntarily anyway, they'll have to stop manufacturing the better, more long-lived alternatives to force me...

There are some 27" 2560x1440 IPS monitors coming out of Korea that are 120hz capable.
Somehow I doubt they have good overdrive and a scanning backlight ... so it will streak far more than a tn 120 hz display, which can actually stabilize the pixels faster than 1/120 sec.

there are still benefits e.g. smoother than 60Hz, less tearing, more data shown so that you better notice that flying rocket but you're right.
the TN rage is mostly a big deal if you're watching movies at the PC (or need color accuracy, without color shifting because it varies so much with the angle)

note that you would need displayport 1.2

Back