TV HDMI Connection Issue

sir doris

Regular
I've got a bit of an unusual setup so I'm hoping someone might be able to help. My setup was:

Code:
PC with AMD HD7750
     |
    HDMI
     |
Active HDMI matrix
  |          |
 HDMI      HDMI/DVI
  |          |
  |    InFocus IN76 projector
  |  
Samsung LCD LE26R71BX (maybe, not sure of exact model, but it's quite old)

The first issue with this setup was that the Samsung TV dosen't allow overscan to be disabled, even over HDMI. So to make windows usable I needed to add negative overscan in CCC every time I swapped display, not the end of the world.
The major issue the TV has is that it won't support the BIOS resolutions over HDMI (only 720p/ 1080i), so if I boot to the TV I can't see the BIOS and at that point the TV and PC stop talking to one another and there is no more display output. the TV displays 'No Signal' and 'Mode Not Supported' messages.

To get around this I had to first boot with the projector, then once in windows, I could swap the screens over with the HDMI matrix and the TV would pick up the signal. This however defeates the whole purpose of the TV, which was to reduce the use of the projector.

So I thought I'd try the following setup:
Code:
PC with AMD HD7750
  |          |
 HDMI     DVI/ HDMI
  |          |
Active HDMI matrix
  |          |
 HDMI     HDMI/ DVI
  |          |
  |    InFocus IN76 projector
  |  
Samsung LCD LE26R71BX (maybe, not sure of exact model, but it's quite old)
I Setup the Samsung TV permanently wih the overscan, which seems to work, everytime I enable the screen the overscan is setup. The problem is that I'm still using the HDMI to the TV and I have the issue where by it looses the signal due to not accepting the BIOS res and shutting off the output.

So does anyone know if CCC or any 3rd party software can force the output to stay active and get it to resync once at in Windows.

I'm currently running Win Pro 8.1 with the latest CCC + drivers. Sound is via SPDIF to my Hi-Fi.

EDIT: Forget it, I've had this issue for about 2 years, I've just thought to plug the TV directly into the PC and it has fixed it LOL. It does mean that the PS3 can't be plugged into the TV anymore as the TV only nhas a single HDMI port, but I don't use it much any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although you have fixed the issue with a workaround, have you tried simply not powering the TV on until the PC has already booted up? (To prevent it freaking out at the BIOS screens.)

Back