Diablo III - It's official

I've substantially increased the toughness of my WD at the expense of a little bit of damage. This way I can solo T4 fairly easily, but I can't go as far in greater rifts.. :(

I don't like how greater rifts are timed.

I've substantially increased the toughness of my WD at the expense of a little bit of damage. This way I can solo T4 fairly easily, but I can't go as far in greater rifts.. :(

I don't like how greater rifts are timed.

Another problem of greater rifts is mobs density. Sometimes you could run for quite a while without seeing anything, or you might take the wrong turn. Once I have the final boss spawned on a nearby platform which I have to walk nearly half a minute to get there. Things like these can be frustrating when the time is very tight.

Today my sister and I entered the Greed realm the first time. It's indeed very crazy. I think I got more than 30 million (in T5). Of course, gold is now much less useful than before, but the gems are still very valuable.

Yeah, since patch 2.1 went live I've gone from hovering around 20-30m gold to close to 170m and climbing.

I've yet to see the Greed realm though.

How you guys manage to gather so damn much gold, just playing in higher torment levels or what? I'm CONSTANTLY struggling for gold, never enough to even cube the gems that drop, much less sink any significant amounts into crafting or enchanting gear.

Today my sister and I entered the Greed realm the first time. It's indeed very crazy. I think I got more than 30 million (in T5). Of course, gold is now much less useful than before, but the gems are still very valuable.

Gold retains the same value as no one really socketed jewelry before. I'm constantly broke from spending so much on making high level gems for armor and enchanting, as well as the enchanting itself. It actually have to go on gold runs with my gold farming gear just to afford alts.

Gold retains the same value as no one really socketed jewelry before. I'm constantly broke from spending so much on making high level gems for armor and enchanting, as well as the enchanting itself. It actually have to go on gold runs with my gold farming gear just to afford alts.

Personally I am mostly gem limited for making better gems and forgotten soul limited for enchanting. But of course I play my WD almost exclusively these days :)

I am rarely either, however levelling my 2nd barb I recently ran out of Rubies. I have around 340 Marquis Topaz lol

How you guys manage to gather so damn much gold, just playing in higher torment levels or what? I'm CONSTANTLY struggling for gold, never enough to even cube the gems that drop, much less sink any significant amounts into crafting or enchanting gear.

If you get the greed realm theres a gem that drops. Boon of the hoarder. Clearing a t6 rift solo with the gem equipped ( mines level 28) and some gold find gear nets me 15-20m gold. Takes my dh about 10m to clear. I went from 20m gold to 400 in one day just playing around maximizing it. <edit> seems my gold find has improved some, just ran a solo t6 rift and collected 27m gold.

As for your question about the dh. Cluster arrow loaded for bear is pretty good aoe for a lower geared dh. Use RoV to stun an area/pack and unload on it with loaded for bear. Once you get 6pc marauder it's easy mode. Switch cluster arrow to maelstrom, spec the passive ballistics, take multishot arsenal with sentries and you now have the best aoe in the game. The sentries do insane damage and you barely need to be on the screen with them.

Thanks, Alpha. I have the Greed gem (dropped first and only time I was in the goblin realm), although I've lacked a socket to slot it into (which I'll correct by using it on my wizard for a while, who does have a socket I can switch out), and I think I even have two pieces of that Marauder set, I'm not sure. What's RoV? :p I really can't remember the names of all the skills in this game. :D

RoV = rain of vengeance. Once you have the marauder set don't bother with it, but it's nice until then to stun a group of elites so you can empty out your hate bar onto them via loaded for bear.

Wow, yeah, my gem is just level 3, and I gained at least a million gold per bounty, on T1. Thanks for that tip or I wouldn't have gotten around to trying the gem for quite a while I fear! I have a bunch of GF gear too (because I've been so damn starved of gold), including a yellow gem in my wizard hat. One set of A1 bounties and a rift made me go from 6.8M to 14.7, after repairs and some enchanting thrown in for good measure.

Experience bonus founts seem more common now, I usually find one per bounty it feels like. I never run out of bonus exp while soloing. Nice!

Still haven't seen the new rift environment that's supposed to be included with the new patch though (or is that Greed's realm they meant...?)

Does the treasure goblin have to drop an escape portal before dying to open a greed portal?

I think the portal simply drops (randomly) on his death. It doesn't look like the escape portal, so you can just kill him whenever you feel like/ASAP.

I believe I have that gem so I'm going to have to try it out with all my other gold farming gear and see how it goes.

We did a t6 rift last night. It was difficult but I only died a couple times.

My bro finally got a RoRG. In the mean time his GF got 3 of them :). Doing split bounties with 3 players on T1 you can get a cache every ~8 minutes. You can have a RoRG in just a few hours that way unless you are super unlucky.

Oh and I finally got my Cindercoat. I am doing some serious damage now.

I've found over 10 Zunimassa's Marrow. WTF is up with that?

Also if you thought playing on Intel HD3000 graphics was bad, try playing on HD3000 graphics plus a 1/.1Mbps (not a typo...) connection. The telco at the family beach house is taking that local monopoly really seriously. USA! USA! USA! USA!

:cry:
How much I know that feeling... My Intel HD3000 is okay to play some games on the PC. With Diablo 3 however, it depends... As long as you disable shadows completely, no AA, and at 1024x768, the framerate might be bearable. Either that or 720p at the very most to get reasonable performance out of it.

Thankfully, I am playing it on next gen consoles.

Well I finally got my first Ring of Royal Grandeur last night using Homerdog's method.
What method? :smile2: I can't wait for patch 2.1 and Greater Rifts to be available on the Xbox One.

I noticed from your list of characters, your DH is the least developed. I find it to be the most fun character of them all, especially because you have to be very strategic about what you do.

How much I know that feeling... My Intel HD3000 is okay to play some games on the PC. With Diablo 3 however, it depends... As long as you disable shadows completely, no AA, and at 1024x768, the framerate might be bearable. Either that or 720p at the very most to get reasonable performance out of it.

Thankfully, I am playing it on next gen consoles.

Well I typically play on the big rig with an i7, 16GB RAM, SSD, GTX670 and all. The laptop is only for the occasional slow day at work :devilish:

What method?

First, the only way to get the RoRG is Act 1 bounties. It comes from the cache Tyrial gives once you complete all 5 of them.

The idea is that instead of opening the caches as you get them, you save up a few and open them all at once. For some reason that seems to work better than opening them one at a time.

You can really blow through bounties with a party. Every player just goes and does a different bounty until only the boss is left, then everybody teams up on the boss. You can get a cache every 10 minutes this way. We do it on T1 or T2 but the difficulty doesn't make a huge difference.

Also, it is good to open your caches after you have been playing for a while and not gotten a legendary drop. Malo took it a step further - even if he got a legendary drop, he would not identify it. It seems the pity counter doesn't get reset until the item is identified, so that's brilliant!

Everyone I've known who wanted a RoRG has found one (or three!) doing this. It still takes some hard work and it may take a week, but you will find one.

BTW my Cindercoat came from Kadala, after putting ~60,000 blood or more blood shards into chest pieces.

Well I typically play on the big rig with an i7, 16GB RAM, SSD, GTX670 and all. The laptop is only for the occasional slow day at work :devilish:
:oops: Badass indeed. I thought your patience would have to be infinite to play the game on a HD3000 with such enthusiasm. The enthusiasm this game deserves, btw, so fun.

First, the only way to get the RoRG is Act 1 bounties. It comes from the cache Tyrial gives once you complete all 5 of them.

The idea is that instead of opening the caches as you get them, you save up a few and open them all at once. For some reason that seems to work better than opening them one at a time.

You can really blow through bounties with a party. Every player just goes and does a different bounty until only the boss is left, then everybody teams up on the boss. You can get a cache every 10 minutes this way. We do it on T1 or T2 but the difficulty doesn't make a huge difference.

Also, it is good to open your caches after you have been playing for a while and not gotten a legendary drop. Malo took it a step further - even if he got a legendary drop, he would not identify it. It seems the pity counter doesn't get reset until the item is identified, so that's brilliant!

Everyone I've known who wanted a RoRG has found one (or three!) doing this. It still takes some hard work and it may take a week, but you will find one.

BTW my Cindercoat came from Kadala, after putting ~60,000 blood or more blood shards into chest pieces.
Thanks for the explanation. I am copying it to my Word in an offline file for future reference --along with Malo's explanation on Rifts (from a different thread), which also helps to know when Kadala can be useful. I am still level 40.

What you mention is part of a Rift, Adventure Mode, or a Greater Rift? Can it be achieved solo, which is the most likely way I am going to try.

I still didn't get to Torment difficulties tho. Heck, I still need to unlock Master difficulty level first. -Act 3, only 1st quest completed for now with my DH, tougher enemies as you advance, not a walk in the park-

On a different note, do random events like enemies called Nemesis killer of "nick of a friend on Xbox Live or Battlenet, or whatever" happen on the PC? :smile:

It's one my most favourite moments in Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition. Some horns start sounding loudly warning you that a battle is coming and there is something lurking near, then one of those Nemesis killer of "someone in your friends list", appears, and it is usually a hell of a fun battle!

If you die it disappears. I died confronting every single Nemesis that appeared for now, except one! That only one I vanquisehd gave me some neat items, so it was truly worth it. But I am usually toast when they appear, as fun as it gets, that's the reality of things for me.

Back