Diablo III - It's official

Well, not like losing my market segment will hurt them, but long flights and holidays make up 80% of my gaming time so Diablo 3 isn't for me...at least until December.

How are pings and bandwidth to other South Korean sites from Taiwan? Speeds would have to be pretty damn rotten for D3 to not work alright, considering that the game couldn't possibly use much data at all (per user, of course)...

According o TWNIC, the total bandwidth between Taiwan and South Korea is 11 Gbps. Of course, probably not all are available to the general public, but at least my ISP has about 6 Gbps to South Korea.

I also did a test with pingtest.net before to a South Korean host, and the ping is about 90 ms. I actually was able to get about 90 ms latency from the Asian server before, so it's consistent with the test result.

The whole affair was exposed when some guy on the Internet tried to connect with a VPN through a Korean IP. They found that the connection is perfectly fine, with no Error 37 or waiting queue. That why some started to suspect that the Asian server may have some connection limitation imposed on Taiwan IP. Personally I think the "bandwidth is saturated" story is just an excuse and the real reason is that the Korean operator deliberately impose such limitation to ensure that their customers are happy. Whether this is authorized by Blizzard is unknown, though.

Why would you level a 2nd demon hunter?
You talking to me? I thought I explained that. Maybe I forgot...

Anyway, one is for playing and leveling with me mate together with his barb (which looks effin awesome by the way!), the other is for solo play and leveling on my own.

Have barbs lost the ability to dual-wield two-handed weapons? My friend says he can't equip two at the same time.

Ah, gotcha. You probably did, not keeping up with the thread that well.

My barb is at 40 in NM, but I also started a wizard who just finished Act 2 and is 25th level. Love the toon. Probably because he's been so twinked out that he went through Act 2 with 500 dmg and just cleared the screen with electrocute 95% of the time.

Adoring the graphics in this, the artwork and background detail is incredible and really adds to the scenes. The wind, dust and other environmental effects are unsurpassed. The first time I saw that dust devil I just sat there staring at it. All the interactivity with the environment around you, whether intentionally or as a result of your abilities and its physics effects, it really adds to the fights.

Agreed. To a point. I thought it was absolutely incredible all throughout Act 1. There was a real great sense of place to it - just a class job overall. Unfortunately it got less and less impressive and more gamey with each subsequent act. The rushed final act in particular reminded me of a really bad Spawn comic book with its shiny and mostly pointless corridors. (populated by villains written for an un-aired Masters of the Universe episode)

"Arggghhh, you pathetic worm destroyed one of my hellish portals (feel free to replace portals with sword fragments, sin hearts, or body parts), but I don't even care, because I have, like, a thousand more of them, and I didn't even like the one you just destroyed anyway" I guess I should have written that in all caps and with 3 exclamation marks at least.

Blizzard should have learned to optimize their network protocol to handle packet loss and latency after nearly 8 years of WoW...

I figured they have. I noticed last night that my latency was always around 200-250ms (living in PA USA) and I don't notice any lag at all playing co-op with the wife.

www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...hould-Be-Mad-at-Diablo-IIIs-Always-Online-DRM

^ This.
Really, what gets me on the nerves isn't the people who complain or the people who don't complain: it's those who try to stop others from complaining.
As if complaining would anger the almighty gods of game developing and our puny existence as gamers would become prived of yet another sequel, with even more control over when/how/where/why we can play that sequel.

www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...hould-Be-Mad-at-Diablo-IIIs-Always-Online-DRM

^ This.
Really, what gets me on the nerves isn't the people who complain or the people who don't complain: it's those who try to stop others from complaining.
As if complaining would anger the almighty gods of game developing and our puny existence as gamers would become prived of yet another sequel, with even more control over when/how/where/why we can play that sequel.

This industry could really use a couple more guys like Jim. Great shit analogy. He's dead-on (as usual)

I bought game yesterday to avoid all launch problems ( been wow player for years so i know how it looks at launch day), and as expected i didn't have any issues at all. i bought digital copy and after few minutes of installing client in the background i was able to enjoy this game. i really like it so far,
big "+" for me was kinda low spec. I can enjoy it at highest detail with AA and is super duper smooth. Art and "feel" is great in this game ,and thou i felt it can be boring after while, doing same thing over and over again i found myself enjoying it a lot. Playing as demon hunter lvl 12 right now (only solo so far) and im having a blast. just saying.

I'm having a blast with it as well ... when it works. At this point I wouldn't even entertain the thought of rolling a hardcore character thanks to of the occasional yet quite severe spikes of lag. Also: 6+ hours worth of server maintenance on a Sunday afternoon (i.e. most convenient time to play games for many people) of all times? Really?
At least in Europe, the D3 experience is still anything but smooth.

Back