Deus Ex 3 (PC)

Cool! I want it!

Yes, I think it's in the hangzhou level, but I'm not too sure now.. I dropped my silenced sniper rifle in the Battle with Yelena and miss it a lot right now, while I know I saw it before.. oh well.. there's always the second run-through :)

Silenced Sniper can be found in detroit
its in locked storage locker, in an area with basketball courtyard. You can either hack the door / security console, or you can steal those codes from the weapon smuggler in one of the buildings near that locker.

its in locked storage locker, in an area with basketball courtyard. You can either hack the door / security console, or you can steal those codes from the weapon smuggler in one of the buildings near that locker.

okay, you can find it a second time once you have to make your way in to the harbour.

I don't have the DLC (just Steam) and it isn't there. I got the password (after hacking it) and threw the baseball into the loop to make sure, but it isn't there.

Are you sure you haven't got the DLC?

Btw.

Ok, I do have some misgivings, but it's still the most enjoyable first-person game of the last three years.

Do buy and play it.

Either I somehow missed the silenced sniper several times, or I didn't recognize it. Does it look obviously different?

Either I somehow missed the silenced sniper several times, or I didn't recognize it. Does it look obviously different?

I'm beginning to suspect that the thing just pops up in different places for the people who bought the augmented edition or acquired the gun through other means like some pre-order bonus or whatever.

Did anyone with the regular edition of the game find it as well?

It looks slightly bigger than the regular sniper rifle, yes.

Oh btw, one of the scientist you encounter in the later levels.. I think they left the PS2 models/textures in there, my god.

Finished the game. Very nice, i enjoyed it a lot. Some of the bosses were really really bad, but the rest of the game is awesome.

Sorry this question may already be touched on but are the consoles and PC both using the same resolution textures?

I would imagine so. There's nothing amazing about the texture work, and I don't recall seeing anything that couldn't be done on the consoles.

The textures don't bother me much. I did notice however that some things are awfully low poly still. I kept thinking of Doom3 / FEAR and how they had reduced poly objects to prevent stencil shadow performance meltdown. I suppose that's just another aspect to old console hardware maybe.

I think the biggest problem with DX3 is the stuttering. I don't know what the deal is there but they could have worked on their asset preloading or something.

Seen lots of people complain about stuttering, but I like a lot of other people haven't experienced any stuttering at all. That said I've had major issues with other titles that other people have no problem. As such I don't necessarily blame game devs for stuttering in titles as its seems to be a really complicated issue.

Back