Detailed impressions from an X360 owner

I'm talking actual pixels, as in you go to Nvidia's advanced timing options and it lists the active pxiels for both horizontal and vertical. And my plasma is a commercial model so not really a TV, but the consumer models of the panel offer the same fuctionality over VGA.

J_Saint said:
The 2405FPW will do 720p over component. I have my spare Xbox hooked up to it.

Here's Amped 2...

will it do 1080p over component too? or is 1080p just limited to HDMI?

I've got a 2405FPW but haven't got anything to test 1080p out with.

AlphaWolf said:
He was probably one of the pricks I saw in the grocery store ripping contest tags off of the doritos bags.

LOL You're allowed to have free PINs every hour (per account). Hmnn...lets see, multiple accounts, big family, multiple spouses....you get the picture.

This forum rules winning the contest: :)
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201072

I ain't rich; but anyone want to buy mine? :) j/k

Last edited by a moderator:
avaya said:

It would probably do 1080p/30 over component as that really isn't much different than 1080i/60, but I don't think much if anything supports more than that over component.

avaya said:

I don't know. I don't have any 1080p sources either? I have a 6600GT arriving on Friday with an HDTV out. If it will output 1080p I'll hook it up and see this weekend.

Hi B3D guys. I am the guy from the site in question.

Why do rich people always win the free stuff?
Cause we all action and no talk? And you poor bastards are all talk and no action? :LOL:

I'm kidding!! :) I am not rich. The projector is cheaper than a HDTV. I work for a living and spend some money on stuff I like. And that's the end of it.

He was probably one of the pricks I saw in the grocery store ripping contest tags off of the doritos bags.
Oh that's it, you caught me! Man, just please don't call the FBI on me or anything. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. :cry:

I know there are some people questioning it cause I run a Halo-related site. Everyone has a bit of bias in them, no one is truly objective. That being said, I am still and honest guy.

If I searched Kameo for hours I might find some MINOR issues of jagginess, but when it comes down to it, it looks like its 1280x720 with 2x AA which is perfectly fine.

Just playing the game, it looks smooth and crisp....the jaggies aren't immediately apparent like an Xbox or PS2 game. But under a microscope, certain surfaces in the game might show small amounts of it.

I think people who focus on this type of thing enjoy talking about games more than just playing them. Just my opinion.

Anyway, hope some of you enjoyed it and it got you excited for the 360. Only 2 days left! It's a solid system, and the 2nd and 3rd gen games from it are going to be simply incredible. Truly stunning launch lineup...both graphics and gameplay. So far I only have Kameo, PGR3 and COD2 but I can't wait to pick up some more launch day.

bendak said:
Hi B3D guys. I am the guy from the site in question.
Cheers mate! Welcome to Beyond3D. Hope you decide to stick around a while. :)

Thanks for the infos, it's really appreciated.

Fox5 said:
I've got a fairly good monitor (L90D+), and it won't display 720P whether sent through a transcoder or native 720P (not buffered) is sent from my video card. It will display 1280x720 as a programmable res in my vid card drivers, but that's not being outputted as 720P.
I have the L90D+. I just hooked it up to my HD tuner (Samsung SIR-T451) over DVI and set the output to 720p and the monitor displays it. Of course it stretches the image to fullscreen and there's no option to turn that off. I had to set the tuner to 4:3 but then there's bars on the top and bottom (this tuner displays gray bars though).

Surprisingly 1080i on my Samsung 27" 4:3 HDTV (obviously resized to the CRT's highest res) looks better than 720p on my L90D+ LCD ;) I'm watching the Bengals/Colts game in HD.

DeathKnight said:
I have the L90D+. I just hooked it up to my HD tuner (Samsung SIR-T451) over DVI and set the output to 720p and the monitor displays it. Of course it stretches the image to fullscreen and there's no option to turn that off. I had to set the tuner to 4:3 but then there's bars on the top and bottom (this tuner displays gray bars though).

Surprisingly 1080i on my Samsung 27" 4:3 HDTV (obviously resized to the CRT's highest res) looks better than 720p on my L90D+ LCD ;) I'm watching the Bengals/Colts game in HD.

I believe in one of my other posts I stated that the L90D+ displays 720P over DVI, but not VGA.
Wierd that it stretches the image to full screen, over VGA I believe it maintains a fixed aspect ratio. No wait, it doesn't, because 1280x768 is stretched to fit the screen as well.

Back