Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

I was really hyped up for whta Bungie is cooking after Halo, as HaloCE was the only Halo I played and liked too, as it was on PC. Halo2 never really worked on my PC and the rest were on MS hw i don't own.

But.....this reveal is just weird! i mean the way they revelaed it. It has watered down the whole excitement inside me. Instead they shoel have shown an impressive trailer or waited till they had one. The reveal is vaugue but has spoiled the game premise without exciting at all. The time for first 'Wow!' Impression is gone and wwasted.

:S

It is a tease.

Concept art is gorgeous; ingame implementation not as much though.

Without a doubt though personally I like the ingame art style as well...specifically the weapons/robot/character designs. This sounds like a game I'll be getting...hopefully Bungie will push the graphics for the X720 version.

http://www.destinythegame.com/media

Huge thumbs up for the Conceptual Artists! Wow!!!:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
New trailer on youtube ! Gameplay reveal on June 10th at the PS conference !

Hope this becomes for.my.ps4 what BF3 is for my ps3 : the de facto game I play when I switch on my console ! :)

New trailer on youtube ! Gameplay reveal on June 10th at the PS conference !

Hope this becomes for.my.ps4 what BF3 is for my ps3 : the de facto game I play when I switch on my console ! :)

It's cross gen though right? Also available on PS3 and 360?

For me, the new stuff, although just a trailer, looks rather interesting and I am looking forward to learn more what this hame is all about!

Has anyone posted this?

It's their entire GDC talk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDbv7nftM8

THANK YOU interferwnce ! From interested , this game has gone to 'this is the only game I need on my next gen console !" after this video ! :p its not as if I haven't seen beautiful concept art before, its just that their goal and the little things they start with to achieve that massive goal, is so ...... 'real ' ! They aee speaking in such realistic way and the progression is so visible in their work.

Buying this day 1, I don't think they can fail with this one, not with the sincerety with which they are working on this one.

And I am only halfway thru, back to watching it. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't like the look of the characters we are going to play. I hope gameplay is solid as hell, cos being an FPS I won't be seeing my character anyway.

Looks like the scale of the game is going to be huge.

Speech mentions 'genre-bending crazy ideas', I guess that's confirmed then: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IN DESTINY!!!11!1 :LOL:

I don't like how Bungie implement their concept art and designs, the Destiny in engine footage is too cartoony looking (this problem again!). Since they have such a strong and unique art style they should really employ more realistic rendering to make the world more believable.
I never liked their rendering style in Halo 3 to Reach (Halo 4 definitely got that right) as I always felt it didn't do justice to the believability of the world they were trying to sell.

:D Reminds me of my teenage days when I was trying to dream up my own world.

Yes, I had the very same feeling (even though I have not lost that dreaming ;) )... After starting to watch the video and the great concept art I am definitely more than intrigued!

Now lets see how the great concept art is transformed into the game...

Back